Old May 29, 2000, 15:10   #1
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

Local Time: 23:39
Local Date: October 30, 2010
I'm looking for a good idea for a scenario???

I'm willing to do my first scenario for the internet community, (my other two were done before I discovered CiC so they are not really good).
Any sugestions??
Any period in time are welcome
Old May 29, 2000, 16:36   #2
myrlyn
Chieftain

Local Time: 22:39
how about the el salvadoran civil war lots of mountains and jungle different types of infantry units hardly any armor or air units and no naval units

heck i might do it my self
[This message has been edited by myrlyn (edited May 29, 2000).]
Old May 29, 2000, 19:56   #3
Hasdrubal
Prince

Since you're from Spain, why don't you make a scenario about the Reqonquista? Six tiny Christian kingdoms trying to drive the huge Islamic civilization away from the Iberian peninsula? Or, alternatively, let the player be Filips the second, and let him try to achieve all of his impossible goals: to fence of the Turks, beat Elisabeth of England, crush William of Orange and his revolting Netherlands, beat the French and conquer the America's, all in one lifetime.

------------------
Ceterum censeo Romanem esse delendam.
Old May 29, 2000, 22:29   #4
benedetti

Hello Hasdrubal and welcome to the Apolyton Civ2 Community! Click on a link that says "Spanish CivII Site" right at the bottom of this page.

Old May 30, 2000, 11:12   #5
Hasdrubal
Prince

Muchos Gracias, Benedetti!
It should be 'welcome back' though, I'm a veteran of this site for about two years now. With a little 'no CIV allowed' period for the last half year in between. Had to concentrate a my study for a while. So I'm not as new as my entry date to this forum might suggest.
But would you believe that all this time I assummed that by 'Spanish CIV site' they meant a site in Spanish!?
I can't believe that I've missed out on it for so long!
I'm just about dying of shame here.
Thanx for clearing that up!
I did know about Reqonquista scenario's: I've played one. But there's allways room for improvement, after all, there must also be about a million WWII scenario's doing the rounds.

------------------
Ceterum censeo Romanem esse delendam.
[This message has been edited by Hasdrubal (edited May 30, 2000).]
Old May 31, 2000, 00:47   #6
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

all the scenarios about Spanish history all already covered by Jesus Balsinde so I think that it would be better something a little more original. I was thinking about one of Alexander the Great following the Spartacus of Alex the Magnificient; but that scenario is gonna take longer that the time I can spend on doing it.
I don't like the reconquistas scenarios that I've seen so that could be a good idea

but keep writing sugestions
Old May 31, 2000, 13:37   #7
Leonidas
King

Here are a few suggestions for scenarios:

1) The Battle for North Africa (1940-1943) The Afrika Korps and the famous battles (and don't forget the Italians )

2) The Battle of Midway (1942) Two giant fleets with carriers duke it out for naval supremacy. Both fleets would have to manoeuver to gain advantage - the winner is the one who destroys the other's aircraft carriers. This scenario would be a short one (say 50+ turns - a nice change).

3) The Battle of Britain or The U-Boat War.

4) Frederick the Great

5) Bismarck and his attempts to unite Germany and take on Austria and France in the 1860s thru to the 1870s.

6) The Battle of Waterloo (yes just the battle - lots of units - but make it special and interesting)

7) The Korean War (1950-53)

8) The Russo-Japanese War of 1905

------------------
Go tell the Spartans, passerby:
That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.
Old May 31, 2000, 21:22   #8
Black Bart

if you're into world wars how about the U.S vs. China. Maybe even ally Russia with China. I know there are several ww3 scenarios out there. But I can't get into any one of them. I want to create a U.S. vs china, but lack the time right now. I want to emphasis objectives (Taiwan) and resource squares more.

Old June 1, 2000, 13:31   #9
johnmcd
Apolyton University
King

Do a good Scottish Wars of Independance one! I would play it, and by definition it would be good because we won. Or failing that how about a Vikings conquering their world one?
Old June 1, 2000, 23:20   #10
Mao
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 18:39
How about the Spanish Civil War with Franco and those people. I only know of one such scenario on the subject, more shouldn't hurt.
Old June 2, 2000, 23:03   #11
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

the civil war scenarios I've seen two and my grandma has told me too much stuff about it to make it funny,(all the starving people and rapes...) so that is not a good idea but i think that the ones of battles are good ideas, the only scenario that i've seen about a battle is the one about gettysburg but there were just three kinds of units so i see about the waterloo one.

thanks guys you are giving me really good ideas
Old June 2, 2000, 23:54   #12
Leonidas
King

More scenario suggestions:

1) "The Age of Megaliths" - during the time of Stonehenge, etc

2) A scenario about Easter Island - with those famous statues - several ancient island nations go to war...

3) "The World Before the Flood" - What was it like? A little imagination here...

4) Have a scenario set up similar to an RPG, where you have an "Indiana Jones" type character searching for lost treasure, or lost cities, or the fabled "City of Eldorado". Make it so there is lots of mystery, discovery, exploration and surprises...

If you are interested in any of these ideas Shaka, let me know, and if you like, I'll give you a hand with it (through research, play-testing, ideas, etc). I think the idea about Waterloo would be very interesting. There is currently a lot of great graphics on the web for that time period

------------------
Go tell the Spartans, passerby:
That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.
Old June 4, 2000, 13:33   #13
cavebear
Civilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 17:39
Perhaps you should try some ideas that involve limiting games to only certain units and which involve non-actual histories.

Have you read Orson Scott Card? He has a story where North America was divided between the European colonists East of the Missippi and the American Indians on the West of it.

The Europeans would have some technology on their side, while the Indians would have happiness and nature powers on theirs.
Old June 8, 2000, 15:19   #14
Hodad

Shaka, hablas castellano, me imagino?
Anda a off-topic!
Hice un llamado a todos los castellano-parlantes para crear unos foros en castellano! Idea original de Fiera, though.

Old June 8, 2000, 19:04   #15
WarVoid
King

Maricon!

Your not supposed to talk in foreign languages here...

Even though knocking EvC IS fun.
Old June 9, 2000, 13:54   #16
Hodad

WarVoid: callate, boludo. Ya te mande el scenario!

Old June 10, 2000, 20:47   #17
Jim W
Warlord

Regardiung a new swcenario, how about the Diadochi, the Successors of Alexander the Great? It would mean limited units (spearmen, archers, phalanxes (should be phalangoi) elephants, triremes.) But there would be all kinds of scope for diplomacy, trade, alliances, and all that good stuff.

Jim W
Old June 15, 2000, 02:21   #18
Sloth
Warlord

What about a "spice trade" scenario? Dutch vs English vs Portugueses battling for supremacy in the spice islands (Moluccas & Sumatra).