Old August 22, 2001, 20:05   #1
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Local Time: 14:44
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Dan, after-release plans for civ3.com?
without revealing any info on multiplayer(god forbid ), can you share with us any of the plans for civ3.com after the release?
Old August 22, 2001, 21:04   #2
Dan Magaha FIRAXIS
Firaxis Games

Local Time: 07:44
Well, for one thing we'll be updating the Civ of the Week feature even after the game has shipped, until they're all done. Depending on how much interest there is and how relevant the questions are, we may also continue the "ask the Civ team" section.

We also have plans to open a section devoted to mod-making and customization, which will probably become one of the focus areas of the site.

We will probably also have a section on strategy and gameplay tips that will include stuff both from Firaxians and hopefully from the fan community as well.

This is by no means set in stone, but these are two of the major areas we want to focus on.

Dan
Old August 22, 2001, 21:12   #3
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Local Time: 14:44
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS
Well, for one thing we'll be updating the Civ of the Week feature even after the game has shipped, until they're all done.
markg starts counting how much time it will take for people to comments on the implied info for the release date

Quote:
We also have plans to open a section devoted to mod-making and customization, which will probably become one of the focus areas of the site.
will you be including in these pages fan-made scenarios/mods or even utilities? sooner or later some files end up being "must get" even for people who are not much into mods and scenarios....

anyway thanks for the info

Last edited by MarkG; August 22, 2001 at 21:17.
Old August 22, 2001, 21:14   #4
TechWins
King

Local Time: 05:44
Quote:
Well, for one thing we'll be updating the Civ of the Week feature even after the game has shipped, until they're all done.
Well, if the 'Civ of the Week' continues to be updated weekly than that means the game will be shipped before December and most likely a pre-December release will occur because of this.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old August 22, 2001, 21:15   #5
TechWins
King

Quote:
markg starts counting how much time it will take for people to comments on the implied info the release date
Well, it took me 10 minutes from Dan's post and 8 minutes from your post.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old August 22, 2001, 21:22   #6
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Dan. tell me abnout multiplayer.

PM me if you have to.
Old August 22, 2001, 21:35   #7
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS
Well, for one thing we'll be updating the Civ of the Week feature even after the game has shipped, until they're all done. Depending on how much interest there is and how relevant the questions are, we may also continue the "ask the Civ team" section.
Hmmm, so the October release date is still a definate possiblity!

Quote:
OUTSTANDING! Markg, you are right. At first, I for one, didn't care much about Mods - but the CTP2 fiasco changed me into a believer/follower/user.

Quote:
We will probably also have a section on strategy and gameplay tips that will include stuff both from Firaxians and hopefully from the fan community as well.
Cool, yet another site in get the "inside skinny."

Quote:
This is by no means set in stone, but these are two of the major areas we want to focus on.

Dan
Kodos Dan!
Old August 22, 2001, 21:43   #8
ancient
Prince

hmm so isnt civ3 coming out in september?

yes it is
Old August 22, 2001, 21:57   #9
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Ancient, what are you trying to do? Start a riot?
Old August 22, 2001, 21:57   #10
Darkknight
NationStates
Prince

Local Time: 12:44
I just saw what Dan said and went wahay then went on to Marks post and rolled off my chair laughing
Well at least we know it'll be released this year
Old August 22, 2001, 22:01   #11
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

So DarkKnight, what's the count-down time now?
Old August 23, 2001, 09:29   #12
Ribannah
Queen

Local Time: 13:44
Location: The Netherlands, Embassy of the Iroquois Confederacy
[QUOTE] Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS
Well, for one thing we'll be updating the Civ of the Week feature even after the game has shipped, until they're all done. [QUOTE]

Ahhhh - so if the game is released around X-mas, we will have more than 16 civs after all?
Old August 23, 2001, 11:15   #13
OneFootInTheGrave
King

Local Time: 12:44
We have france, and we kind of have US... now what about UK release date?

1st of December?

There is 60 million people shopping here before Christmas too..

5 x less than US, but still worth a try to catch the season

I hope that translation won't take too long
Old August 23, 2001, 11:48   #14
Steve Clark
King

Local Time: 06:44
Quote:
Originally posted by Wittlich

OUTSTANDING! Markg, you are right. At first, I for one, didn't care much about Mods - but the CTP2 fiasco changed me into a believer/follower/user.
You must not have been following the Civ2 scenario/customization community in the past 3 years here at Apolyton? You wouldn't believe the thousands and thousands of custom stuff (from units, terrains, txt file modifications, scenarios, etc) that have been developed. This is the ONE thing I look forward to than anything else for Civ3.

Markos, as my signature implies, do you think there will be a Civ3-Scenario League here just like the Civ2-Scenario League? Or will you be deferring to Firaxis?