Old August 23, 2001, 19:33   #1
Uffty
Chieftain

Local Time: 13:45
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Question about Roads, Borders and TileImp
Hello all!!

I have a Q:

I want to expand my borders with more than just castles. I tried it our with Listening Posts and Radar and Sonars and it worked, but not anymore. Can anyone help me?

2nd. I want to build Roads and Railroads and especially special tileimpr. on NON-controlled lands. That means, nomans-land. Not mine, not the enemy's.

Where do I edit it ?

And 3rd:
Does anyone have selfmade new government types ?
I tried out some, but I would really like an EXCEL table of all of them to compare better. thanks.

Uffty
Old August 24, 2001, 12:45   #2
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 14:45
To allow other Tile Improvements to extend your borders you should open the tileimp.txt hand compare the entries of the sonars, listening post and radar with the entry of the fortification. Here are the improtant lines for the fort:

IntBorderRadius 2
SquaredBorderRadius 5

I don't know the exact effect of one of these lines I only know the effect of both lines together. It is the border extending effect obviously.

So far as I know it is not pssible to create an ownerless tile improvement directly, but it is possible indirectly. And one more thing to know about the fort or such tile improvements. Forts can be built on unowned land, but they must be in the vision range of a unit of the future owner, or must lie in his lands. I don't know if it is possible to create a tile improvement on no man's land, but I found a work around:

1. A trigger gives the Barbarians the enabling advance of a help improvement with border extending effects (it is easier to remove afterwards).
2. The same trigger put on a random neighbour tile of the tile that should be improved with a road at final a Barbarian unit like a bomber.
3. The same trigger put on the tile with the bomber the help improvement.
4. After the help tile improvement creation the bomber will be removed by the same trigger.
5. Also the enabling advance of the help TI will be removed.
6. A second trigger fires when the help tile improvement is complete and and gives to the Barbarians enough PW to built a road.
7. Also the enabling advance for roads if necessary.
7. This trigger creates also a road on the origin tile.
8. A third trigger removes the help tile improvement and the final tile improvement loses its owner. (I wasn't able to use the CutImprovement event in the second trigger the result was a game crash.)

Now you have to wait some turns and your roads on unonwed lands is complete. Now you need only a condition that tells the trigger to fire, for GoodMod a double for loop checks every tile on the map for a good.

For the governmets check MedPack or one of the CTP1 mods, there are some ideas.
Old August 24, 2001, 14:38   #3
Uffty
Chieftain

Hallo Martin, bitte noch einmal auf deutsch for me only

Schöne Grüße aus Wien

danke vorab für deine antwort
Old August 24, 2001, 14:42   #4
Uffty
Chieftain

ok in english: what exactly do you mean by building improvement indirectly ????

I dont wanna cheat soooo often
Old August 25, 2001, 11:29   #5
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 14:45
Quote:
Originally posted by Uffty
2nd. I want to build Roads and Railroads and especially special tileimpr. on NON-controlled lands. That means, nomans-land. Not mine, not the enemy's.
Quote:
Origiannly posted by Martin Gühmann
So far as I know it is not pssible to create an ownerless tile improvement directly, but it is possible indirectly.
So far as I know you can't just put something like a farm on land that doesn't belong to anyone. You can only put the fort on noone's land but it will give the surrounding tiles to you. Now you can construct new tile improvements inside of your new borders. Now are tile improvements inside of the borders of the fort, these tile improvements, will be there even if the fort is be destroyed. But if the fort is be destroyed, the surrounding tiles won't belong to your empire anymore, but the tile improvements inside the formerly fort borders will be there but these tile improvements lost their owner.

I understood your second question in that way that you want put a tile improvement on neutral land and the tile improvement should belong to noone after its completion. But if you want to contruct a fort on neutral far away from you empire just send a unit to this location and build there a fort. The important thing is that the construction place lies in the vision range of one of your units.

I hope this is clear now or should I use the stupid alta vista bubblefish translator. (Ich hab' nun keine Lust das zu übersetzen. Es ist sch**** heiß hier und ich bin total müde.) Auf jeden Fall beinhaltet meine letzte Post die Beschreibung wie der Slic-Code aufgebaut sein muss, damit Du herrenlose Feldverbesserungen erschaffen kannst.

-Martin