Old August 24, 2001, 13:10   #1
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 07:46
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Hex's Website Update
FYI,

I have created a site for all future updates for Cradle, CTP2 mods and any future fan-created Civ3 Mods that are in a working state before being posted here at Apolyton. My mydocsonline account is no longer available for public use.

the site is located at
http://www.geocities.com/hexagonia/

Its purpose is mainly a clearinghouse for Modifications and for creators who do not have the time to maintain such a site. The site has a 50 Mg limit, currently about 20 Mgs are available - though this will change as time goes on.

There will not be any room for created maps, new units or any other graphic elements unless they are part of a Scenario or Mod
Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Last edited by hexagonian; August 24, 2001 at 16:29.
Old August 24, 2001, 13:40   #2
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 13:46
*sigh of relief*

The CTP2 DB-II (Apolyton Awaits) is still online
My Mars scenario isn't there anymore But that's my problem, I should get my corrupted zip sorted out

When you say the site has a 50mb limit, is that angelfire, or MyDocs, where all the files seem to be linked to? And does that mean you are paying for your MyDocs account, but made it higher security access or something?
Old August 24, 2001, 13:54   #3
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

The Mars scenario was pulled off because I had reached my 20 Mg limit and had to pull some files off. As Mars was in a very rough stage, it was one that got pulled. However, if you have an update, I will repost it, as I have more room now.

I still have my MyDocs account, but I am now paying for it too. Since I am paying for it, I also wanted to maintain a higher level of security. All the files are still there, and the upgrade came with a file link option (nice indeed...)

And I do have some flexibility for space - the site is going to be for files that are not available here at Apolyton.

Email me if you have something...
Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
Old August 24, 2001, 14:36   #4
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Nice indeed. Except for the paying thing...

I have been updating the GL, and strategies still, the AI cities just don't grow . I'm also looking at putting Frenzy into it. It will still be difficult for the human to counter-attack I hope, so maybe it will be better.

I could probably update soon, as long as no-one minds about the GL. The amount of stuff I have added and changed though, I think it might be much-needed.

Whoops, rambling. As yet, I have nothing to send you, but the natural disasters are coming along nicely too.
Old August 24, 2001, 15:40   #5
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 09:46
Let me see if i got that straight.
You will let anyone of the communty attach its own mods and scenarios for CTP2 in your site.
Thats all i wanted to hear.
Can i attach my mod in your site?

PS I am just asking. My mod isnt tottaly done yet.
-Jean Rostand
Old August 24, 2001, 16:35   #6
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

...provided I have the room for it.

Add a hundred new units, and the Mod becomes very large.
Old August 24, 2001, 16:42   #7
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

The sprites and pictures are standardised, yeah?
So most mods with, say, Cradle or MedMod units in, only needs a text zip, and one small graphics add-on perhaps. Then just add the line
"Please get Cradle sprites.zip and pictures.zip also..."
Old August 25, 2001, 00:35   #8
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 09:46
I already made a draft of the readme a couple days ago and one of the installation points is that you must have Med Mod first as a prereq. Although i do not use all of its units neither its wonders.
The new graphics that wasnt already included in MM2 i set to be together with the texts. Finishing a total of 1.3 MB zipped.
-Jean Rostand

Last edited by Pedrunn; August 25, 2001 at 00:44.
Old August 25, 2001, 07:14   #9
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Cradle and MedMod are all standardized, in terms of unit sprites, tgas and city sprites. However, there are units included in Cradle that are not in MedMod, and vice versa.

The city improvement tgas, advances tgas, wonder tgas, and diplopictures are completely different though, since these mods are different regarding the setup of the tech tree.

To make things easier, most creators will have to make sure (as Pedrunn did) that downloaders already have one of the major Mods on their system.

It goes without saying that players should already have those Mods as standards for playing.

Pedrunn,
I can have your files up next week if you email them to me. Go to my site for the address.