Local Time: 06:50
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Some Stats for the Mali:

21 cities
Land area 886,000 sq. miles
Population 5,760,000
GNP $84 million
64 % literacy (2nd)
Pollution = 100 metric tons (2nd only to the EU with 0)
not going to say how many libraries, etc. because not enough to speak of right now, but total cost for city improvements =67

Read 'em and weep

Oh, and on the "naming" issue -- when I was reinstating the names the cities had when I took over the Mali, I noticed several that were way geographically incorrect so I'll be fixing them

oz, did you see you had a taker yesterday?
Old October 10, 2001, 22:14   #302
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Local Time: 12:50
Berlin, Germany; European Union (Continued)...
Flashbulbs burst as President Alessi made her way into the Parliament chambers. The press was salivating at what might be said; Another war? The closure of the Zulu alliance? Signing of the Nuclear treaty? Rumors were thrown all over the media prior to this speech, it would be internationally televised and was her first ever since Churchill's death.

She hesitantly approached the podium, with the entire Parliament amassed and the press huddled in the back of the room it was quite an awe inspiring moment, rather than the fear she thought she'd acquire a strange sense of purpose and pride drew over her. She glanced about the room, its architecture was more beautiful than she had ever noticed, the golden stars adorning the ceiling made her proud to be a European, and even more so proud to be the President of this continent.

"Fellow Europeans, fellow citizens of the world," she began "I am President Adriana Alessi of the European Union. There has been one clear and utter truth, unbreakable in its creation and steadfast in its determination, that this Earth has come to realize. No matter which side you take on this matter one truth remains clear; Europe and her people are the most reviled upon this great planet. There are those in this world that hold us with vile contempt, there are those who hold us with simple distrust, and there are a small minority in Africa that holds us as dear friends, that believes we are honorable and have taken many blasts due simply to politics. Regardless of these feelings the fact remains that we are held with an advanced amount of discourse. This is something I have come to accept throughout my life. It is up to historians to decide why that is; possibly the aggressive competition of the Houses of Medici and Habsburg in our early history is to blame? Perhaps the zealous Republican sentiment of Napoleon Bonaparte is to blame? Could it have been the Fascist drive of Mussolini that etched our reputation in stone? The answers to these questions are unimportant, and surely have been tackled by many pundits throughout history. This fact will be accepted however questionable its origin and validity is. What Europe is now prepared to do is to break down this stereotype and establish a new one for my continent; respect, humility, honor and charity. These words are not merely that, these are characteristics that will resonate throughout the world about Europe and her denizens. While our nation is as destitute as any other on this planet we intend to help those in need, the people of Israel and Mali have been hit hardest by savage wars fought in the deserts. Mali will recieve an aide package from the European Union, as well as two Engineers to help replenish her terrain. Israel will recieve an aide package as well from Europe, including indemnities for the actions in Khurdistan. Europe will also fund the construction of the United Nations in Amsterdam, unlike my predecessors who delayed the construction of this edifice due to political considerations I make a vow that this will be on the forefront of our projects. The European Union will also release a statement by which it agrees to the current Nuclear Test Ban treaty on the following premises; One, we will not officially sign into it, but will agree to its terms. Two, we will spearhead an international movement which will provide a treaty created by all nations to combat use of these weapons. And finally three, we will continue research into atom particles for the purposes of developing a cleaner source of energy which should benefit all of humanity. Finally we will attempt to reinstate the Demilitarized Zones with the Union of Asian States and the West Asian and American Republics as per the original Prometheus City Accords to further peace in our region. This is my vow, these things will come to fruition under my presidency. Thank you for your time, god bless the World and viva la Europa!"
Old October 10, 2001, 23:21   #303
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Warsaw, Poland; European Union...
Two days had passed since President Alessi made her speech, her approval rating rising dramatically. The Hawk party was in a bad position; not only had its first offer towards the Presidency been a complete disaster, but with Churchill's passing and Alessi's speech the Dove party had cemented its continued dominance over European politics. Two men sat in a mansion in the forests of Poland, over a few drinks they planned the next moves of the Hawk party...

"Its ridiculous, completely ridiculous. She's a woman, she'll flounder. This is nothing but fluff." said one man, he was German.

"Well it doesn't matter what it is, the people are eating it up. If the Doves deliver on this we're f*cked." said the other lighting a cigarette.

"Look, Australia won't accept this 'charter' membership in the Nuclear Test Ban Treaty, they just won't. They're too proud and too assured that Europe is in no position here. I mean c'mon, if they mess this one up the whole country is f*cked." the other said sipping his drink "Which is where we move in."

"And what if they do?" asked the other.

"Well, if Australia is willing to let this go that won't be good. But c'mon, you and I both know Australia is unwilling to believe in Europe, they won't accept it, they'll continue their arrogance and ruin Europe's chances at being a regular member of the global community."

"I don't know, they may. It depends on how the rest of the world takes this speech."

"F*ckin' Doves."

"Damn right, I'll drink to that." said the other, raising his glass "Well, hopefully these Communists can do something to screw up the Doves. You know, no never mind, its too risky."

"No what? This is a private meeting, just the two of us."

"Well, the case against Lenin is shaky. He was arrested in Manchester and will be tried in Germany. The laws of evidence are different, there's a federal vs. national situation involved. If we flood the media with this the judiciary will have no choice but to let him go free. Alessi would take a major hit from that, the people don't want to see him go free, well the majority don't, the Marxists would love it."

"Wow, that's a good situation for us, if we can play it correctly. Have you spoken with Charles recently?"

"No I haven't, sadly he's the only one we've got right now."

"Well, we surely can't allow him to run again, someone has to take charge of this outfit."

"That's the truth."
Old October 11, 2001, 07:04   #304
deity
DiploGamesCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 00:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Zulubulus!
Quote:
Originally posted by drake
EDIT
No no Manhattan project planned in the Zulu Nation. Not at all. Nuclear War is the last thing the Zulus want. What Keating fails to remember is that the Zulu proposition was not just outlined towards the Aussies signing a statement that forbids the building of Apollo, it was outlined for the whole world........So until the rest of the countries of the world, particularly Mongolia, China and Israel, sign a statement that condemns the building of Apollo, the Zulus will sign nothing that says we will not build the Manhattan Project..........

We don't want to build it, but if the Apollo wonder is built, we may be forced to do it.......in that case, the Aussies must not blame the Zulus, but the builder of Apollo for they will have forced our hand. We are leaving it up to everyone else.

The Zulus expect that China will probably be building Apollo, that way the Aussies get out of responsibility and can freely build parts without consequence. We suspect the Aussies would expect us to then strike against China at that time and then have a valid excuse to attack us.

So Australia, if you truly agree to the Zulu outline, then you will join us in attacking any nation that builds Apollo. If that is not your intention then please withdraw your signature, because that is what it is all about.
For Goodness sakes your Royal Paranoidness!

Aussies will NOT build Apollo OR Manhatten as agreed.

We urge all nations to sign the Non Nuclear Treaty but Apollo was never banned. Such a proposal is absurd. The Aussies are quite happy for the Zulus to build it.
Apollo is not a military ambition but we decided not to build it until all the world felt comfortable about space research - particularly given our military size and the unease it may be causing.

Your aggresive tones are surely signs of ill intentions. Are you seriously threatening ALL nations of the world with a war if any of them dare build Apollo?

We encourage all nations to attempt to build Apollo, even the Zulus.

But it seems even the Zulus and the EU have agreed to the Non-Nuclear Treaty. If so, and it is formally signed, you will receive the tech of Nuclear Fission as a gift.

Why does the EU not wish to formally sign a Treaty they actually agree with?

What a crazy world - Paul heads back to the Broken Hill labs shaking his head.... as he hears the sounds and rumbles of the latest 'tests'.........
Old October 11, 2001, 08:21   #305
drake
King

Local Time: 08:50
Quote:
We urge all nations to sign the Non Nuclear Treaty but Apollo was never banned. Such a proposal is absurd. The Aussies are quite happy for the Zulus to build it.
Apollo is not a military ambition but we decided not to build it until all the world felt comfortable about space research - particularly given our military size and the unease it may be causing.

Your aggresive tones are surely signs of ill intentions. Are you seriously threatening ALL nations of the world with a war if any of them dare build Apollo?

We encourage all nations to attempt to build Apollo, even the Zulus.
Are you seriously threatening ALL nations of the world with a war if any of them dare build the Manhattan Project? Oh yeah, you already did that!

All the Zulus are saying is, we have no plans for building the MP. We have no desire for nuclear war. But if a nation insists on building the Apollo project, we will have no problem bringing nukes to the world. If that is the only way to stop this space talk insanity, so be it.

In an un-related statement, the Zulus request that the original territory boundaries in South America be respected by our neighbors. The majority of the Amazon is not "no man's land", it is Zulu land. Just because it is un-inhabited does not make it no man's land. We expect this request to be met within the next five years. Boundary lines have always been clear. How they became un-clear is a mystery.
Old October 11, 2001, 09:28   #306
The Capo
DiploGames
King

European Transmission...
European Secretary of State
1515 Churchill Way (new address)
Berlin, Germany

TO: The Zulu Federation and Australian Democratic Union

Dear Sirs;

It has come to our attention, and undoubtedly the attention of the entire planet, that your two nations are embroiled in political discussion that is very confrontational.

So to clarify a few points I say this; to Australia we did not formally sign the treaty but will agree to abide by its guidelines on our own terms. What this means is that in the event we stray from the Nuclear Test Ban Treaty no harm could come to us as per the treaty. Now of course there could be a different coalition established or any number of other things (trade embargos, etc), but what I am saying is there can be no punishment assigned to us as per the treaty since we are not officially entered. What this also means is that we would not benefit the perks of the treaty since we are not official members, thus Nuclear Fission would not be granted to us. The purpose of this is because we don't want to go headlong into something that may be unneccessary, we want further testing and as stated before an international agreement towards this end.

To the Zulus we say this; why is it such a major issue whether or not the possibilities of Space Exploration are taken into consideration? Europe contends that the Nuclear Test Ban Treaty stifles research into the use of atomic power, research which could actually improve our lifestyles rather than destroy them if we approach it correctly. Space exploration could be the same way, I think we as a people, humankind, have to stop jumping to conclusions and begin to consider what could be. If we put our mind towards peaceful ends we will not only achieve them as we humans have shown our amazing abilities in the past but we will also achieve lasting peace along the way to realizing what we are capable of.

Thank you for your time.

Secretary of State,

Vittorio Rossi
Old October 11, 2001, 17:31   #307
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 22:50
"Mr President, the WAAR scientists have some bad news for you."
said Albert Einstein the Fourth.

"What is it Albert? I thought all was going well."

"Well it is as far as our research sir, but it appears that there is much more to the space flight program than first thought."

"Such as?"

"Well we all originally thought that the 'Apollo Program' might be good for the world as it would allow maps of the world to be seen by all. But we now know that the Apollo Rocket onmce launched has to come back down, and it may land on populated areas."

"What!!"

"Yes sir, apparently this Apollo Program may mean great disaster to all, you cant allow it to happen."

"Damn, just when everything was looking good. Looks like the Zulus were right to be worried about it then."

"Yes Mr President"

"Send word to the Zulus immediatly, we will sign their NON APOLLO Pact, and we will join them in any attempt to stop its complettion or any attempt to punish the nation so building it. There is too much risk for the world in this"

"What about the Aussies sir?"

"I see they have already agreed not to build it, so that leaves the Chinese , UAS and EU , I dont think the Mali have the structure to build it"

"Some nations may take this as an aggresive move Mr President."

"That cant be helped albert, we msut prevent the end of this world, and this Apollo Program simply leads to the end"
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old October 11, 2001, 17:35   #308
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by belinda9
Oh, and on the "naming" issue -- when I was reinstating the names the cities had when I took over the Mali, I noticed several that were way geographically incorrect so I'll be fixing them
would be interested to see which you think are"WAY OUT" I know I had to juggle a couple of countries in the Ivory Coast area but most of the named Areas were geographically correct ....
Old October 11, 2001, 17:43   #309
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

To : President Adriana Alessi

I congratulate you on your recent selection as the President of the EU. Having had a similar role thrust upon myself I understand how you now feel.

We in the WAAR territorys welcomes your inaugral speech as it seems to be leading towards peace in our area. Howver, as you stated in your speech, there is much distrust and even hatred at some levels in our nations of each other, so whilst we welcome the news, we also will have to monitor the situation to make suree tihs is the NEW EU.

The offer to make reparations for the Khurdistan incident is a big sign of your change of heart and we appreciate how hard that must have been to convince your fellow countrymen. Once the reparations have been received , we will discuss with the Australains and the UAS as to the need to maintain Peacekeepers in the DMZs.

We do wish that FINALLY peace can be maintaine din this region as we see many BIGGER issues facing our region that must be dealt with.

Shalom
Old October 11, 2001, 17:54   #310
Prometheus
Warlord

TO: E.U.

The Chinese government will respect its earlier agreement for the E.U. to build the United Nations. We will abide as long as we see the project progressing.

TO: Zulu

The Chinese will not be building Apollo’s but we can not sign your treaty because of the stipulations of declaring war/hostility toward the transgressor and our national policy does not allow for such actions. However eventfully there will be a call for space exploration and we believe an international effort would be needed, perhaps an equal number of people from each country on a ship towards the depths of space, but we will leave this discussion for another day.
Old October 11, 2001, 18:22   #311
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Prometheus

TO: Zulu

The Chinese will not be building Apollo’s but we can not sign your treaty because of the stipulations of declaring war/hostility toward the transgressor and our national policy does not allow for such actions. .
and yet the chinese signed the Aussies Non Nike PAct calling on the signees to attack any person that builds Manhattans !!!!
Old October 11, 2001, 19:15   #312
deity
Emperor

Manhattens versus Apollo.
Quote:
Originally posted by Rasputin
and yet the chinese signed the Aussies Non Nike PAct calling on the signees to attack any person that builds Manhattans !!!!
I think there is considerable difference between the two!

Apollo allows for the peaceful exploration of space.

Manhattens allows for the building of weapons of mass destruction.

Most nations have signed a Treaty banning or at least agreeing with the Non-Nuclear Ban.

In the same way the EU has not actually signed a non_space Exploration Treaty we have simply agreed NOT to build Apollo. We have NOT declared war on any nation that does, unlike the Zulus.
Old October 11, 2001, 19:20   #313
Prometheus
Warlord

The Chinese signed the Mongol's non-nuke-pact which does not call for declaring war...
Old October 11, 2001, 19:50   #314
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

So for the interests of world knowledge can we have alist of who has signed what pacts!

1. Aussie PAct of NonPukes.. This PAct agrees not to build Manhattans and to attack nay nation tha tdoes

2. Mongols Pact of Non Nukes.. this pact simply agrees to no manhaatans

3. Zulus Pact.... No Nukes and no Apollo attack any one that does
Old October 11, 2001, 19:57   #315
deity
Emperor

To Shakeem...
Our spy is in the Amazon to ensure that no military forces are being built up on our border and the Barb activity also needs quelling there.

We will leave the area but will periodically check that it is troop free.
Old October 12, 2001, 00:05   #316
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

WAAR history
It has been nearly 400 years since the last of the Great Israeli leaders The Great Raz IV was beheaded in a coup led by Adolf Hitler. The years that folowed led by first adolf the Saddam through to the Religous uprising of Rabbi Rasputin and back to Adolf Hitler again, were all dark years in the History of Israel/FDP/WAAR. The period of the Great Razs was the most productive and happy times. That was until the new modern era of the Great Presidency of Roberto Auldinsky. To compare the two great eras we publish here the demographics of both great leaders.

The GReat RAZ IV 1250AD ...... | ...............President Roberto Auldinsky 1625AD

Approval .............. 75% ............... | ......... 75%
Population ............... 4.56Mill ............... | ........... 14.21Mill
GNP ............... $558 Mill ............... | ............. $2289 Mill
Mfg Goods ............... 136 Tonnes ................ | ............. 547 Tonnes
Land ............... 308000 Acres............. | ............ 682000 Acres
Literacy ................ 64% ............. | .............. 64%
Disease ............. 11% ............ | ............. 9%
Pollution ................ 0 Tonnes ............ | ............ 570 Tonnes
Life Exp ................. 58 years ............ | ......... 61 years
Family Size ................. 4.2 Child ............ | ............ 3.8 Child
Miliray service ................. 3 years ............ | ........... 3 years
Annual Income ................. $258 per capt ........... | ............. $546 per capt
Productivity ................. 63% ........... | ............ 75%

Unfortuantly President Auldinsky passed away in his sleep at the ripe old age of 86 after 45 years of rule. A new election will be held shortly to appoint his replacement. The nation is in mourning for the loss of its greatest ever leader .

Last edited by Rasputin; October 12, 2001 at 01:07.
Old October 12, 2001, 00:31   #317
Prometheus
Warlord

Chinese Foreign policy briefs:

- No Allies,
- Signed the Mongolian anti-nuke treaty, has said no building Apollo’s but not signing Zulu treaty due to the “declaring war” stipulation.

The Chinese also have withdrawn their ambassador from the European Union as a sign of protest following a remark where a high-ranking official called the Chinese people “weak minded” in regards to a statement that the Chinese have never fought a war. President Prometheus has said, “I am greatly disappointed in the E.U. we have shown them nothing but respect, such racists comments are not a comment of a civilized nation.” Peaceful anti-racist/anti-E.U. rallies took to the streets out side the E.U.’s embassy.

Citizens of the Chinese Democracy have been fuming the last few days; sediment on the streets has been mixed from outraged to people asking “The E.U.? Didn’t the Israelis conquer their entire nation?” And while most people (save diplomats) have not had contact of any kind with the E.U. for decades the main opinion on the street can be wrapped up by the top Senator of the Chinese Domestic improvement comity:”**** the E.U.”.

The secretary of the Interior has released the following figures:

Power: Mighty
Approval Rating: 2nd 75%
Population: 2nd 21,570,000
GNP: 3rd 2446 mill
Mfg. Goods: 1st 871 Mtons
Annual Income: 3rd 486
Productivity: 1st 86

The Chinese send their condolences to the W.A.A.R. people, and President Prometheus will attend the funereal on behalf of the Chinese people, our deepest condolences to the family of the late President.
Old October 12, 2001, 04:53   #318
deity
Emperor

King chat: The Bosporus Affair
Paul was rather busy playing in Broken Hill when a transmission came through regarding The Bosporus Affair:

From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): Which defeats their [AUSSIES] prescence as peacekeepers.
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): They are not objective.
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): We will accept Australian involvement ONLY if our allies are involved at hte same time.
From President Roberto Auldinsky (A.D. 1620): its funny when WAAR got upset over the destruction of our city improvemtns and a fortress the Western allaince jumped on us as an aggressor, now the EU are making a fuss over a DMZ ...
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): Therefore we again ask that Australia relocate its troops in WAAR territory until Zulu forces arive.
From President Roberto Auldinsky (A.D. 1620): The WAAR welcomes Zulu peacekeeprs too
From President Roberto Auldinsky (A.D. 1620): they are in WAAR territory
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): We ask that the Australians evacuate until they arrive.
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): No they are not.
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): That is European territory.
From President Roberto Auldinsky (A.D. 1620): not since the last war
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): When Khurdistan was attacked we desroyed the fort next to it, then built OUR OWN on this mountain.
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): They are in OUR fort, this is our land.
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): Australia, try and pillage the fort ,see what it says.
From President Roberto Auldinsky (A.D. 1620): you destroyerd our fort ewe built we took the one you built far is far
From Comrade Shakeem (A.D. 1620): Solution: Aussies move all troops to either 91, 41 or 90, 42
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): WE?
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): WE?
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): So WAAR considers the Aussies part of them?
From Comrade Shakeem (A.D. 1620): there they can offer the same protection
From President Roberto Auldinsky (A.D. 1620): we the WAAR too kthe fort first, then when aussies arrived we left
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): Then this is not a neutral peacekeeping force, this is merely an Israeli force in Aussie dress.
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): The fort is European.
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): We built it, it is ours.
From President Roberto Auldinsky (A.D. 1620): we welcome the zulus to peacekepp north of Georgia
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): What does it say when you attepempt to pillage it Mr. Keating?
From President Roberto Auldinsky (A.D. 1620): so wil the zulu send peacekeepers to Nth Gerogia we have afortress there for them
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): Zulu peacekeepers are not required north of Georgia, they are not required anywhere.
From President Roberto Auldinsky (A.D. 1620): you ssiad you wanted your allys there too
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): Because NOBODY is going to break the DMZ, I am against ANY foreigners in my nation including my allies for the purpose of policing me.
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): No I want my allies there if your allies are going to bullshit their way into setting up shop outside of one of my oldest and most historic cities.
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): This was the second city I built, this is my homeland, and they are sitting outside of it in tanks.
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): I want them gone, there's no reason for them to be there at all.
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): NONE.
From President Roberto Auldinsky (A.D. 1620): remeber you were the peacekeeprers bewtween zulu and WAAR in africa when you were allie dto Zulu
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): Yes because You and Mali and the Zulus asked.
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): And when you asked me to leave, I left.
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): As soon as possible.
From President Roberto Auldinsky (A.D. 1620): and the AI and I agreed last session you should turn up more
From Comrade Shakeem (A.D. 1620): And he left when the function was no longer necessary..now Aussies not needed and they can leave
From President Roberto Auldinsky (A.D. 1620): the EU and WAAR not friendly enough yet
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): yes, peacekeepers have a purpose, once that purpose is no longer there they leave.
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): I am perfeclty friendly to you, I am not going to attack you and see no reason to do so unless you attack me.
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): So there is no reason for them to be there at all.
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): Unless you think you will attack me, then they can stay on YOUR side and POLICE YOUR people.
From President Roberto Auldinsky (A.D. 1620): until you stop ranting we feel threatened
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): Aww poor babies can't take words? The people that shell capitals can't stand to hear bad things?
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): How ironic is that?
From President Roberto Auldinsky (A.D. 1620): and so the peacekeepers stay
From Comrade Shakeem (A.D. 1620): Keating......do the right thing and let them sort it out themselves
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): Keating, I may be defeated.
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): But you are getting on my last nerve, eventually your men will die.
From President Roberto Auldinsky (A.D. 1620): so shakeem has no problem if this comes to blows??
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): You can let it be from old age, or you can embarass them and let them be the first units to actually lose to Europe in years.
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): Its your choice, but it will happen soon enough.
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): No Shakeem didn't mean war, why does Israel always think people mean war, he meant we will eventually pan it out.
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): Because he KNOWS I am not going to do anything to you.
From Comrade Shakeem (A.D. 1620): Pretty much
From President Roberto Auldinsky (A.D. 1620): when you stop ranting i will feel safe..
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): What ranting?
From President Prometheus (A.D. 1620): The Chinese will take the Aussies place if they deem that would work better, just an offer, if not then we shall stay out of it
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1620): I am mearly expousing my stance. Something international leaders do.
From President Roberto Auldinsky (A.D. 1625): the WAAR would feel happy with chinese in the smae location
From President Roberto Auldinsky (A.D. 1625): we are not allied to the chinese
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1625): You guys are missing the point.
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1625): I don't want anyone there.
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1625): If they are on the Isreali side that's fine.
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1625): There is no need for a presence, that's what the DMZ is for.
From President Roberto Auldinsky (A.D. 1625): they are on my side
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1625): No they aren't.
From President Roberto Auldinsky (A.D. 1625): they asre in my city radius
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1625): They are also in my city radius.
From President Roberto Auldinsky (A.D. 1625): the fortress is mid way between you and me
From President Roberto Auldinsky (A.D. 1625): this disputed territory is why we need peacekeeperws
To President Adriana Alessi, Comrade Shakeem , President Roberto Auldinsky, Dictator Rashid, President Prometheus, President Chris Khan (A.D. 1625): I maintain status quo until both parties calm down and feel safe
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1625): I feel perfectly safe.
From President Adriana Alessi (A.D. 1625): Its retarded to allow Israel to keep their FVCKING allies there just by saying their afraid of the WEAKEST nation in the WORLD.

---

Screw that EU hothead... we stay. A bit of clever dimplomacy on the part of the EU might have seen us gone but NOT now...

God knows how the Zulus can can't see the trotally aggressive stance taken by the antagonistic EU!!??
Old October 12, 2001, 08:00   #319
drake
King

Quote:
Citizens of the Chinese Democracy have been fuming the last few days; sediment on the streets has been mixed from outraged to people asking “The E.U.? Didn’t the Israelis conquer their entire nation?” And while most people (save diplomats) have not had contact of any kind with the E.U. for decades the main opinion on the street can be wrapped up by the top Senator of the Chinese Domestic improvement comity:”**** the E.U.”.
Old October 12, 2001, 08:21   #320
drake
King

Zulu opinions on Turkey situation
Dear Keating,

If you recall, we praised your move to send in peacekeeping troops into the Turkey region. When the hostile Arty Interom had control of the EU, they were indeed a valid threat to Israel security.

Now, Alessi, who although very vocal, does not pose a threat to Israel. The EU only wants their land back, because it is their land. It certainly isn't yours to keep hold of. This is about principles and doing the right thing. The EU does not hate Australia, but they do resent your presence in their homeland. Staying there IS making things worse, Australia IS creating the conflict. Australia has no business in Turkey anymore, and we think the best thing to do is let the governments of WAAR and the EU sort it out.

Yes, the Eu representatives could have been more polite in their requests. Yes, Eu representatives could remain more level headed in discussions and yes, the Eu has been known to start a few fires in the past. But this fire is Australias fire, and Australia is the country that will determine if the fire goes out or rages on. Not the EU, not the Waar. So we strongly request that your troops be removed from EU territory. If they must remain in the region, they should be stationed in Israeli territory, for it is Israel that wants you there, not the EU.

Do the right thing Keating, the Zulus are counting on you.

General Shakeem
Zimbabwe
Old October 12, 2001, 09:27   #321
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Disputed territory
The unfortunate thing is that the land in question is not EU territory any more. After the great war all land west of Khurdistan as far as Venice it self was captured by the FDP (as it was then known) at the conclusion of that war, to show the FDPs willingness for peace we were asked to return all European lands to the newly formed EU. The city of Bosporus was added to the list of demands as it was an ancient city with many wonders. We did this we returned all European Lands and their citys conquered by us, including Bosporus. what we didnt do then nor have done since is allow the EU to utilise the overlapping city sqaures between Bosporus and Khurdistan. Up until the AI raid on Khurdistan a few sessions ago we had maintained a military presence in the fortress where the Aussies now are. Under the leadership of Ozzy the EU invaded Turkey and destroyed my garrison and took Khurdistan. I will have to look back through the historical archives to see if maps of that time are still available showing WAAR garrisons in the DMZ. With AI leader in charge again last session, the WAAR troops stationed in that fortress withdrew to allow Mongol peace keepers. Unfortuanlty the AI demanded the Mongols move and Ozzy agreed forgetting he had those troops there for a reason. With the Mongols retreating, we asked for more peacekeepers and the Aussies were the only volunteers. They took over possesion of the Fortress they now are in.

Yes the land was originally Adriatic, we do not deny this, however it was part of WAAR gains after the great war, the same as the American Colonies were originally Adriatic but are now WAAR territory. We have not agreed to return it. It was not part of our agreement. If the EU want it they can negotiaite for its return but we expect some form of trade for it. Until the EU stop claiming it as their territroy we wish the Australians to remain in their positions as peacekeepers.

If they withdraw and the EU attempt to enter the land we now claim legal right to we will react in a strong and methodical way. The Zulus have already stated that they will leave the two of us to settle it, so we take it this means no intervention on their behalf in any war. We would ask the Aussies if they do withdraw from the DMZ that they monitor the Zulus to make sure they stick by what they said and let the two of us sort it out!!!!

However our first choice is for peace and the Aussies to remain.
Old October 12, 2001, 09:49   #322
drake
King

Note sent to Irsael:

Israel, you have taken so much from the EU, their lands, their dreams, and now you wish to rob them of their freedoms. The EU only want Australia out of their territory and that is a reasonable request. One you should support. I am not on the EU side of this issue at this moment and I will not involve the Zulu military, but if you continue to demand the Aussie presence, I will be on their side and they will have my support. And you already know that I am willing to fight for my friends.

Mind you, this is not a threat, but a call to rationality. You have to learn to stop sweating the small stuff and move on. As the Eu stated, you're going to have to learn to trust them again, and that trust cannot and will not be achieved with a gun pointed at their head.

If the EU attack you after Australia leaves, you have the Zulu word that we will not stand in your way in leveling Europe. And there is no word stronger than the Zulus.

General Shakeem
Old October 12, 2001, 10:36   #323
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

As you choose to ignore Shakeem, the land is ours not theirs, that is the heart of the dispute, we are willing for the aussies to move out but ANy and we repeat ANY movement of EU units into the DMZ will instigate war. If we have your promise that you will not prevent us taking action over them entering the DMZ (not jsut attacking us) then we wil lrequest the Aussies withdraw ..
Old October 12, 2001, 10:45   #324
drake
King

Yes
The Zulus agree to that. The idea of a DMZ is that it is de-militarized period, as in no troops, as in not even orange ones.

The EU will stay out of the DMZ if you call to remove Australia. If they do not stay out, then they are clearly lacking mental abilities and their fate shall be in your hands. The Zulus support the EU now because we believe their case. If they step on your and my good faith by entering the DMZ after this is resolved, then I will feel no remorse to what happens to them. None whatsoever.

Thank you.
General Shakeem
Old October 12, 2001, 10:53   #325
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Letter to President Keating
Gday Mate.

We firslty want to thank you for your intervention in our little dispute with the EU recently, as you are aware many a small dispute in this area has grown to all out war and we were not in any mood for another one. Your troops performed wonderfully and peace has been enjoyed by all.

We have come to an understanding with the Zulu that they will not interfer in any action we deem necessary to clear the DMZ in future so any problems that arise now will not be global issues but solely a localised one.

Based on our understanding with the Zulus, we ask for you to withdraw your soldiers and allow them some R&R in Israel at our expense.

Thanks again Mate.~~~~~

Beuaty Bottler Cobber
Old October 12, 2001, 10:55   #326
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Just to show how the WAAR are not the aggressors here, despite the fact that the EU have agreed to make reptriations for the damage done to our city improvments during the Khurdistan episode, they still have not. Despite that, we willingly gave them some modern techs to improve their ability to lessen pollution in the world , and the latest rantings are how we are thanked......
Old October 12, 2001, 11:03   #327
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Letter to EU parlaiment
We address this to all the parliament members in the EU. After having gifted you modern techs, after having welcomed your change of government with open arms, after allowing all trade doors open, we are still once again one small step away from war.

We have formally asked the Australains to withdraw from the DMZ and to leave it as open space. We state catagorically, and your people know the weight behind our words. ANY , incursion into the DMZ by ANY EU unit will be regarded as an act of war.

We have told of our desire to have this area empty to the Zulus, your friends in Africa , and they agree with us. So we ask that you show the wisdom that you are legendary for and abide by this agreement that the DMZ be left empty.

This is the chance to show you can be trusted and that you are willing to be friendly, dont let this final chance go to waste. The world awaits your response.

Benjamin Disraeli

Acting Head of WAAR High Council
Old October 12, 2001, 11:42   #328
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Berlin, Germany; European Union...
"Christ, this is like a horrible nightmare!" excalimed President Alessi as she threw down her Israeli transmissions.

"Relax, Madame President please!" plead Vittorio Rossi. "Its not as horrible as it seems. Really!"

"What do you mean? WAAR talks of War again, war over this!?!?"

"I understand, but they have a valid point, we have yet to repay them for Khurdistan and you have promised to do so." said Rossi fixing the scattered papers on her desk.

"How can I pay it back without money? We have every intention of paying it back, you know that full well. We have promised 300 gold to Mali as well as money for the library. What do we have now? Sixty gold if even that?" she asked.

"I know, but-"

"Its not even about that, even with this going on I'll be happy to pay them back. But when they use nicities that we never asked for as a reason to prompt the expediant payment, its an affront to us, its disrespectful. Further we have Australian soldiers lined up in a Demilitarized Zone." she said rubbing her forehead.

"Well the Zulus are making calm responses, something that we've failed to do. We can't afford to continue acting like this anymore." said Rossi.

"Its frustrating, its the only way to act. Twice we asked kindly and peacefully for them to leave, then WAAR shoots in with the need for continued peace assistance. That's how it began, WAAR always wants to stir things up." she said.

"I know, but the problem is the world doesn't see these things, they just see Europe running at the mouth again." Rossi said "That's just how Israel plays their game, if you ask something peacefully they will retort with past ingressions, its pathetic on their part but its what they do."

"Alright, alright, its unimportant, we both know what's going on and what's at stake, are the cameras ready?" she asked the tech crew. One of them simply nodded "Okay, let's do it..."
Old October 12, 2001, 13:04   #329
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Presidential Candidates
Benjamin Disraeli - Secretary of State

Benjamin represents the Republican party, he has much experience with the ways of the late President and has been standing in as High council chief. His policies are to continue the rebuilding process set in motion by President Auldinsky and to grow the WAAR in popualtion and economic status.

Mitchell Auldinsky - Senator from Jordan Province

Mitchell represents the Republican Party too. He is the nephew of the late President and holds true to all his values. The fact two Republicans are running may split their vote.

Rabbi Ashard Ben-Istal

Rabbi Ashard represents the old fundamentals in WAAR, whilst not as strong as they were under Rabbi Rasputin, the fundamentals still have much sway over the common folk. Their policies call for large places of worship to be built in all Provinces and less education. They want a larger army to hold out the infidels.

General Arnold Shwartz

A currently serving Army General who has the support of many Armed personnel. Whislt the military are not after a coup as they used to in the old days, they do want a more concerted effort to modernise the army and Airforce and to rebuild the Navy.

Deborah Michelle

A distant relative of the old Royal Family, now representing the newly formed party, the Liberals. She is for economic growth and lower taxes. She promises freedom to all. Health and pollution are 2 prioritys for the Liberals.

Gough Whiteman

A blue collar worker who helped form the Labour party. His policies are to see more power to the workers and less to the Corporations. He wants to utilise the Corporations profits to increase health systems and also put into place pollutuion control measures.
Old October 12, 2001, 13:59   #330
The Capo
DiploGames
King

EuroVision International Address: President Alessi
Berlin, Germany
February 4th, 1620
7:32 pm GMT

(Adriana Alessi)

Hello denizens of the world. I am President Adriana Alessi of the European Union. As everyone surely knows there has been a recent uprising of tension in the lands of Turkey. This area of the world has been marked by gepolitical dissonance for centuries, it has been split between Europe on its Western coasts and Israel on its Eastern interior. It wasn't until the recent Khurdistan invasion by Ottoman Seperatists that the tensions began to rise above normal levels. What I am here to do now is offer a concise and calm report of European qualms about the handling of the situation and to offer Europe's response to the things that have occured, you will note none of them involve military force. There appears to be a dispute over who owns what land in this area of the world, the midsection of Turkey, which I will refer to as "Ankara", is claimed by both Europe and Israel as part and parcel to their respective provinces in Turkey. Clearly this contributes to a dispute, especially when you consider that this area is marked as a De-Militarized Zone. So point by point I shall emote the grievances of Europe.

(1) We believe that the nature of Australian intervention in this area of the world is pointless and does not contribute to peace, rather to militancy on both sides of the DMZ. The original entrance of Australia to the area was by invitation from WAAR herself, Europe never formally agreed to have these forces move into the area. This also coincided with Mongolian troops moving into the Caucuses. Despite no invitation from Europe these forces stayed and Europe took it in stride. What we've done now since I have assumed the Presidency is ask that these forces be removed as quickly as possible, this request was offered TWICE to the Australian government and neither time was a response offered. There were no inflamitory words, as a matter of fact the exact request was as follows; The European Union kindly requests that all Australian soldiers be removed from Turkey. Now, many nations including Australia may feel the need to claim this is untrue, however I am sure Mongolia can attest to the fact that a similar request was made with respect to their forces in the Caucuses and in Russia. Mongolia for their part agreed to do so not only verbally but ACTUALLY removed their forces from the area.

(2) The method in which Australia maintains its "peacekeeping" operation is very questionable indeed. Many remarks come from WAAR that this operation is similar to the one enacted in the Sudan by the European Union. This assertation couldn't be further from the truth, on the contrary European forces were not only invited to the area by WAAR and the Zulu Federation, the latter ordained by Mali to represent their interests. The European Union not only took steps to make sure there was no threat, but equally policed Zulu, Mali and Israelite forces in the region. Further no large-scale artillery forces were utilized, simply ground troops nearly incapable of squashing an artillery assault if one would arise against them. Australia on the other hand occupies a hilled fortress that should, according to the nature of the DMZ, not exist. This fortress which is of European construction holds within it artillery units that would do extensive damage to cities rather than what is minimally required to maintain a buffer zone. As well as these inconsistancies the nature of the prescence is different; as stated previously Europe's peacekeepers were invited by all of those involved, not just by one nation who happens to be its ally. Further they were not enforcing a DMZ but enforcing the relocation of combat troops back to their safe countries, in essence out of the war zone. There is no war zone here, there is no need for policing a DMZ. As a matter of fact the very nature of the DMZ should require NO UNITS at all in these areas. Therefore Australia should not be there.

(3) Israel claims that Europe still owes indemnities to them for the actions in Khurdistan, Europe agrees and maintains that we will in fact pay these as soon as our government acquires the proper resources to do so. Adding to this claim Israel says that Australian forces should remain, which further destroys ANY notion that the Australians are there as objective defenders of peace, and establishes that they are in effect Israelite tax collectors. Granted Israel gave technology to help preserve the European state of well being, and for this we are grateful. However it is impossible to trust a nation that demands something you offered willingly with Australian artillery pointed at your head.

As far as our statements towards Zulu involvement, they were simply made to say that if Australia is that steadfast in staying, then AT LEAST have an ally of Europe involved as well. How can a nation remain objective to both sides when its defense and productivity is part and parcel to one of the nations it is there to police? That is our stance, we will not attack Israel unless we are attacked first, we will not violate the DMZ either without physical, not verbal, provocation. We hope that this lineates our stance as to the situation and allays any fears of an attack by European forces. We also hope that the nations involved, Israel and Europe can begin to discuss a peaceful end to this through diplomatic discussion and cooperation. We will repay Israel the debts we owe them, we do not hold them in contempt and will maintain our end of the DMZ.

Thank you, and good night.

God Bless Europe.