Old August 26, 2001, 17:10   #1
faded glory
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 12:50
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Major war-keeping the funds flowing
its 1528
I am denmark, got tangled up in Big Euro war. When Poland DOW on Hansa, which brought polands allies in (Sweden,venice, Bohemia, wallachia, Austria, and Bavaria). I had no choice but to help my Hansa allies.. So my baltic alliance of Prussia, Norway,Hansa, Saxony, Hessen and the independant island of Vasterkgotland.

Heres my question, Stability plummets. Money plummets, so what do you do?

Put Stability on MAX and hold out for 3 years until it rises again? Because denmark is a farely small nation on IGC. Norway provinces are independant and she doesnt really have much. So if I fight with stability on -3, I get only 100 ducats a year (maybe). There is no way in hell I can fight a war against poland?

Little help here.....on keeping the funds going during an unexpected war (which i had nothing saved up)..

But I must protect Hansa, She protected me when I invaded Sweden. Even tho its just an AI, I feel a certain loyalty to it

I know it sounds dumb

faded glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26, 2001, 22:14   #2
Kyle
Prince

Local Time: 08:50
Your stability shouldn't fall if you're involved in an alliance war of the type you mentioned, especially when your ally is the one attacked.

When I go to war, I usually hit the tax slider all the way to the right, take everything out of research. Doesn't always help, but it's the best I can do.

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2, 2001, 21:28   #3
David Floyd
Emperor

Kyle, I gotta disagree - you should never lower tech under any circumstances, IMO (well, maybe DIRE circumstances). The reason is simple - no matter how many troops you have, if the other side is defended by Medium Forts or above, and/or has gun armed troops with high morale, you are in big trouble.

As a Continental power (except maybe Portugal, if you have a strong alliance with Spain) you should put most of your income into Land Tech, and as a sea power (England is really the only one, maybe Spain and Portugal and Denmark in some cases) dump most into Naval Tech.

That's my opinion, anyway.
Old September 5, 2001, 12:22   #4
Kyle
Prince

Local Time: 08:50
Well, I only do it during war time, and only a major war at that.

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5, 2001, 18:10   #5
faded glory
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

What about War taxes.....I know they hurt stability! Cant below -3 stability...or Can you
faded glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5, 2001, 18:51   #6
David Floyd
Emperor

No you can't go below -3 stability, technically. Of course, each negative step below -3 results in a revolt somewhere in your nation. Hence, -8 stability means -3 stability, plus 5 revolts, plus whatever revolts are caused by -3 stability.