Local Time: 07:02
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Amen, brother!
Old September 6, 2001, 12:20   #33
Steve Clark
King

Local Time: 07:02
Kull/Paul, you were one of the designers I had in mind when promoting the importance of customization in Civ3. I don't how hard/easy it would be to create new units in Civ3, but I would assume that the scenario-making mechanics would be as good or better than Civ2. CtP was a whole different inferior beast that I would not have expected it to be anywhere near as good as Civ2 in creating scenarios. Civ3 I do have a high expectation level. Just think of the two major changes: resource-based economies and robust diplomacy and how they would add immensely to scenarios, even if everything else remains the same.
Old September 6, 2001, 17:26   #34
Shadowstrike
Emperor

Local Time: 08:02
Maybe if you guys could patch up the Sleague site and attract mroe people. The tips were really useful and the site already has tons of great data, but more reviews and the like would be great. Of course that would require dedicated webmasters (i.e. not me). Maybe you guys could get a team of the more technically inclined designers to part-time run SLeague? Its disenheartening to boot up IE and see Previous change: March 16, 2001.
Old September 6, 2001, 22:26   #35
WarVoid
King

Local Time: 13:02
I "was" packing for a short vacation until someone told me to check out the fora before I left for four days....

Now i'd like to clarify a few things before this gets out of hand any further.

1.) OOC crap, such a debates, polls and other junks are NOT allowed in this forum. You wanna do that kind of stuff, go to the OT.

2.) Graphics showcases, playtesting threads, PBEM threads, historical discussions and the like ARE allowed here. So long as it somehow pertains to a scenario, I don't care what it's about. Just don't abuse the priviledge.

3.) The Scenario League site hasn't been updated because Blackclove left and I offered to help Cam. Cam then left and I was left with the whole thing by my lonesome. Noone else has volunteered to help with the site so I am STILL doing it by myself. In addition, i'm using an 18k laptop which refuses to run FTP on it.

4.) I was in a bad car accident this year which used all the funds I had previously slated to buy a FTP-capable computer with. Since this IS volunteer work after all, i'm just now getting the necessecary money to purchase the new system.

5.) As soon as I get my new computer, Scenario League will get an entierly new face. Tons of new scenarios, tips, reviews and more are in stasis for upload. I also plan to expand the SLeague to cover Civ3 scenarios and possibly even scenarios specifically designed for PBEM. I am also in talks with HAC about the possible merger of the two sites, incorporating the Hodadian Awards into SLeague's normal review.

If anyone wants to help with the site, feel free to contact me via email at warvoid@aol.com. In the meantime, be content with the fact that SLeague will get an update whether it kills me or not.

Comprende?
Old September 7, 2001, 03:22   #36
Jay Bee
staff
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 15:02
VW:

(What is OOC?)
Old September 7, 2001, 17:07   #37
St Leo
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 09:02
OOC: Out of Character, mostly used in geopolitical roleplay fora
Old September 7, 2001, 18:54   #38
Shadowstrike
Emperor

Local Time: 08:02
OOC: See kids, playing too much DotW is not good for you.

Edit: Quiet you!

[This message has been edited by Wallythe Walrus. Message edited September 7, 2001]

Old September 13, 2001, 22:35   #39
Cam
King

Local Time: 22:32
Quote:
Originally posted by William Keenan

The reason the Scenario League site has not been updated was because Cam could not FTP to the gamestats server for reasons unknown and unresolved.
Hi all.

Yep, thanks William - that's it. I simply could not update the site or collect e-mail from the League's mailbox, regardless of which computer, ftp program, e-mail program, or ISP I used (having tried several of each). The Gamestats technician did not reply to my e-mails. I found the whole thing very frustrating.

In order to tidy up whatever outstanding reviews there were, I made an interim site where I had hoped the reviews could be read and ultimately transferred over when the problems were resolved.

Consequently I handed all responsibility to WarVoid, including providing him with a licence to my preferred FTP program (CuteFTP, valued at $29.95) and my password to the League's site. I advised both Dan and Markos of my position on several occasions and that all sleague responsibility was in WarVoid's court.

Furthermore WarVoid informed me of his relatively low-performance computer, his accident, and his desire to upgrade his machine. I was under the impression that once his machine had been updated that he could take on the job at hand. I regularly offered my assistance to WarVoid on request, and am a little surprised by the inference that I abandoned him. The old threads will show that I spent some time seeking a successor to take over the site, initially in an apprentice role, and then as the editor. Because of the technical problems I endured, there seemed little opportunity to do anything other than hand the responsibility over at the first opportunity in order to keep the site lively.

Clearly until WarVoid acquires a better computer or my ftp problems mysteriously correct themselves, the only other option is to seek out another leader for the site. Otherwise, that March 2001 update is going to become even more familiar. I am buoyed by WarVoid's advice that he indeed does intend to press ahead with updating and recasting the site.

Again I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to the success of the League. In a small way I think it contributed to the vast improvement of quality of scenarios we saw in a fairly short period of time.

I couldn't be happier if someone would 'step up to the plate' and join WarVoid in relaunching the site.
Old September 13, 2001, 23:43   #40
SunTzu
Prince

Local Time: 13:02
New Addition to CFC!
Well we have had 3dDownloads as our server that hosts our downloads. Well now we have www.civfanatics.net to host our downloads. So no more of that slow ass 3dDownloads BS
Enjoy!
www.civfanatics.com