Old September 7, 2001, 11:56   #1
Darius
Prince

Local Time: 08:09
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Map Revealed in Multiplayer Game
I'm in a multiplayer PBEM game with four other people. There is no moderator; I set the game up with a random map. It's about year 2188. One guy dropped out. He was the first player in the turn order, so let's call him "Player A". I found a replacement player, let's call him "Replacement Player A". Replacement Player A played his first turn and sent it to Player B. Player B now reports that when he opened the turn, the map was completely revealed and there were extraneous notations next to every base and unit as if the map editor had been activated. Replacement Player A has tried replaying the turn, to no avail. He gave me his password and I played his turn and sent it around again, and when it got back to him the same problem occurred again. Has anyone seen this problem before, and how can we fix it?
Old September 7, 2001, 14:01   #2
mark13
ACDG The Free Drones
King

Local Time: 13:09
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I *think* I've heard this one before - and I *think* it's something to do with having the scenario editor activated in the last SP game that was played, usually by the person that's having the problem. Try asking player B to start an SP game without the scenario editor, exit, and reload the MP turn.