Old September 8, 2001, 02:46   #1
Saulot
Settler

Local Time: 05:11
Local Date: October 31, 2010
WW3 and Beyond on ToT
Well I have created many a Civ 2 scenerio and mods for my personal use, and now I'd like to work on something worthy enough to post. So I chose to create yet another WW3 scenerio and mod. But I want to take advantage of all the new tweaks and utilities and stuff to make it fun, different, and fresh. I plan to use modern units of varied and specified uses. It will force people to diversify and manage their resources better I feel. But the most ambitious thing I am considering, and what I need advice on is this idea I have about terrain.

I don't know whether its a completely new idea or not but I was considering using one of the terrain icons to simulate outlying city segments. In other words, the typical civ2 city would be surrounded by a tiles that also had building on them. This would kind of give some cities a little more size and what not. More urbanization would mean more trade and production but less food. So you would have to have cities dedicated to farming and then set up food trade routes to feed the urban centers. This I wanted to incorperate into the WW3 scenerio to emphasize land value and diversity of land. So U.S. cities on the East and West coasts would be dependant on MidWest cities for food just as Russia would be in need of the Ukraine and so on.

A couple of questions I have are: (a) is there a way to increase the number of maximum trade routes, and (b) what are any potential problems I might run into in doing this (keep in mind I want to use the Gigamap, haven;t even downloaded it yet). Any other comments questions or ideas please let me know.
'Know that you are made to be unmade, You are the white lamb, The gentle sacrifice, Open thine eyes, and see the world truly And know what thou must, Live on to heal another generation, Live on to guard the world in her final days’
Old September 8, 2001, 05:06   #2
Eyn
Warlord

Local Time: 13:11
Local Date: October 31, 2010
good idea
change 1 useless terrain (jungle) to a "town" terrain which will have +1 food + 3 work and + 2 trade no irrigating no mining. change irrigating bonus for grass terrain to +2 or +3
and send food caravan from farming cities to urban towns

maybe u should then desactivate caravans after create all trade routes in order to stop IA to create new trade routes...