Old September 9, 2001, 07:16   #1
vihutuo
Settler

Local Time: 13:13
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Help Hoover Dam, Nuclear PLant
Even after building the Hoover DAm the production in my cities hardlu increases (maybe only 10-20%) . I NEVER GET AN OPTION TO BUILD THE NUCLEAR PLANT, even after reaching Future Tech.
The solar plant also hardly increses my production ( production usually only jumps by 10% eg 40 to 44). Plese someone explain
Old September 9, 2001, 10:10   #2
Vlad Antlerkov
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 07:13
In Civ II, you can build three production improvements per city: a Factory, a Manufacturing Plant, and one power plant (regular, Hydro, Nuclear, or Solar). Each improvement takes half the base number of shields your city produces (before other production improvements are factored in, but after we factor in King Richard's Crusade, if it's in that city and somehow still active) and adds that to the total output. So if you have a Factory and a Power Plant, production is 2x the norm, not 2.25x.

As for the nuke plants... I'm not 100% sure, but if you build the Hoover Dam, yes, you're not supposed to be able to build nuclear plants. (No big loss, anyway.) Same thing happens if you build a solar plant in a city and you don't have the Hoover Dam. Once you build one of the four power plants, the ones that are more outdated than that plant techwise will be removed from the production list. (Example: If you build a nuclear plant, the Power Plant and Hydro Plant production options are removed from the list.)

Hope that helps
Old September 9, 2001, 10:53   #3
vihutuo
Settler

Local Time: 13:13
Thanks vlad it makes sense now
Old September 9, 2001, 14:09   #4
Vlad Antlerkov
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 07:13
Really? I didn't think I explained it that well.

Another note-- if you build a power-plant-type improvement and build a more advanced power-plant-type improvement later, the more obsolete improvement will cease functioning. Unfortunately, you still pay its upkeep cost. My advice? Sell the old one. You'll get a fair amount of money for it.