View Poll Results: Do you feel that civ3 is being rushed to make it out by Christmas?
No! Civ3 is going to perfect in every way. 7 7.22%
No. Multiplayer is a little used feature that shouldn't delay the release, and all other feature will work fine. 41 42.27%
Possibly. It appears that way, but until I play the game I don't know. 23 23.71%
Yes. The preponderance of the evidence shows civ3 is being rushed, and I fear that some features will be sub-par. 16 16.49%
Yes! They have already sacrificed too much to keep their release date, and I expect that every area of the game will suffer. 5 5.15%
I have no opinion on this. 5 5.15%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 10, 2001, 13:30   #31
Ralf
King

Local Time: 14:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by MarkG
*Create your own civilization from 100 different attributes or choose from 21 predefined civilizations. [Empire Earth feature]

100 attributes that each change your civ by 1%?
That was a good one.
Old September 10, 2001, 13:42   #32
Steve Clark
King

Local Time: 07:15
It's the classic "damned if you do and damned if you don't". Alot of folks here want it all to be perfect NOW because they are so impatient to play. Let's presume that 6 more months would make a difference (at least for the SP version). Firaxis comes out and say that Civ3 will be delayed until May 2002. Don't you think that there will be just as much as noise here saying how dare they delay Civ3, I WANT IT NOW. Maybe the SP version is good enough to go gold this month, the MP version definitely isn't (from indications). So why have MP rushed? Wouldn't it be better to wait for MP to have its own development and testing cycle without compromising both versions?

As far as the poll, I know of no games that were released that didn't go through numerous patches (not just to fix things, but to enhance things as well). Just because a game go through patches doesn't mean it was rushed, it means that there is enough of a fan base that cares to make the game even better.
Old September 10, 2001, 13:57   #33
Leonidas
King

Local Time: 13:15
Civ3 will have many features that will be great, and overall it will be a great experience.

But an artifical release date is still a release date and all that that entails. . .

If anyone thinks that this game is not being rushed to meet the expected projections for the latest quaterly report or that it will be perfect upon release, well. . . I have a little piece of scrub land in Arizona I'd like to sell you. . .
Old September 10, 2001, 16:13   #34
tniem
King

Local Time: 08:15
Quote:
Originally posted by dennis580
I voted for Civ3 to be perfect in every way. Every thing I have read and saw points to this and the best thing that could have happen was no mulitplayer for 5 months. This means that Firaxis probaly never had any attention of wasting time on mulitplayer from the beginning and have instead spent all thier time on making Civ3 the best SP experince in gaming history.
Wow, no intention to release MP when they started building the game.

Then why did they tell us they were?

And if they didn't tell us these intentions than what else didn't they tell us? Seriously even if you never play MP there should be some concern by this rumor. They promised this from the start and may now not be delivering. It begs the question what else?
Old September 10, 2001, 19:13   #35
SlowwHand
inmate
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameGameLeague
Deity

Local Time: 08:15
Question.

Do all you SP players have ICQ, Yahoo, AOL, etc. next to your name so you can chat about how your individual SP games are going?

"Little used feature".

I have a pong game I'll sell you.
Gawd forbid you advance to the MP days from the dark ages.

What the release means more than "little used feature" is that the buck is calling to them, and they figure wtf.
Sell it to the cave dwelling knuckle draggers now, develop a cheap ass patch for MP later.
A poor way to go.
Old September 10, 2001, 21:40   #36
Leonidas
King

Local Time: 13:15
Question: Is Civ3 being rushed?

Answer: There is a deadline date