Old June 12, 2003, 16:42   #451
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 14:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Turn 2206 to the hapless Drogue
Old June 12, 2003, 17:02   #452
DilithiumDad
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 08:15
Actually, all Drogue had to do was abstain.

You are the one who chose vendetta, Hobbes! I asked for a kickback of half your excess commerce income --which might have amounted to 3 or 4 credits a turn but you preferred a state of war.

I will sign a pact at any time if you are willing to share half your excess commerce.
Old June 13, 2003, 19:36   #453
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 13:15
Herc: In the position I was in, I was never going to win, and DD came up with a decent offer. I would rather a pact brother win it than another, and I might be able to join in a small part of the celebration Just because it wasn't good for you

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old June 13, 2003, 20:56   #454
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

2206 to the soon-to-be-destroyed Hobbes

Old June 14, 2003, 06:30   #455
H0bbes
Emperor

Local Time: 15:15
On to the Bully Boy.

http://zanature.wordpress.com
Old June 16, 2003, 10:58   #456
DilithiumDad
Prince

On to Hercules later today.

I am not a bully! I am reasonable, but firm!
Old June 17, 2003, 13:19   #457
DilithiumDad
Prince

Crash on saving. Had to replay entire move.

Miriam launches her massive counterattack --but synthmetal does not stand up well to chaos guns!
Old June 23, 2003, 19:46   #458
Drogue
staff

Who has the turn. Can we get this going again?

Old June 24, 2003, 04:34   #459
H0bbes
Emperor

Isn't Herc on holidays for a month?

Hobbes

Old June 24, 2003, 14:54   #460
Drogue
staff

That would explain that then. And also why I have been having diplomacy with JDM in the PBEM ACDG Thanks

Old July 7, 2003, 05:30   #461
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Well I am back turn 2207 to Drogue.
Old July 8, 2003, 08:31   #462
Drogue
staff

Nice to see you back Herc, glad the hol was good

Turn 2207 to Hobbes

I really should get the believers Map so I stop destroying their bases, I never know how many defenders they have

Old July 13, 2003, 17:19   #463
Hercules
Deity

Turn 2208 to Drogue
Old July 13, 2003, 17:33   #464
Drogue
staff

I am sorry but I forsee delays on my end. I had a CD drive crash the other day, and have as yet been unable to fix it. It should be fixed soon (tomorrow hopefully) but I am afraid that it might cause delays Please bear with me, it should not be a long delay.

Old August 31, 2003, 17:37   #465
Hercules
Deity

Turned out to be ominous. Anyway latest posting from Drogue indicates he is bowing out of pbems accept for the DG. At least it means Pwd is easily found.

I will post for replacement, but this is not going to be easy, given his(Uni) subservient position. Well let's see. Its advantage is that is one of a small number of Thinker level games going and newbies might like the experience.
Plus winners get brownie points and Uni is pacted with a leading player?

Me, I invested ( like you time and effort) in this game and am reluctant to see it go.

I'll post in the replacement thread.
Old August 31, 2003, 17:46   #466
DilithiumDad
Prince

Great! It seems like this may be one of the last tournament games? None have been started in a while.
Old September 1, 2003, 12:21   #467
Hercules
Deity

Well I am involved in two/three SMAX tournament games.
Old September 1, 2003, 20:26   #468
Hercules
Deity

Ok I 'll contact Lazerus and inform Minute Mirage but I think he has already volunteered to withdraw.
Old September 2, 2003, 07:40   #469
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

Subserviant, does this mean i've been beaten down in a war or drogues just doing badly ?
Asked for the pass+turn so should be starting soon.

Hope to get some good relations going while i try and whip the empire into shape
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old September 2, 2003, 08:13   #470
Hercules
Deity

Drogue only played 3 or 4 turns, so he more or less inherited his position. MAybe Drogue will give you a brief on the Dip to date.
Old September 2, 2003, 18:20   #471
Drogue
staff

Hey guys, I'm sorry for my absense. Due to unforseen factors, including illness, academic disctress and holidays, I will no longer be able to participate in this PBEM. Indeed, I am withdrawing from all PBEMs at the moment. I am sorry for messing you around, I am just trying to react to circumstances. I hope you find someone to take my place. I am sorry for this.

Yours,
- Drogue

Old September 4, 2003, 18:14   #472
Lazerus
King

ouch i see what drogue meant about no formers or crawlers and little expansion
oh well atleast i've got a friend in a high place

Academician Lazerus has ordered a massive shift in the market system of the university clamping down on the free wheeling of large companies and introducing laws granting the govt more power to plan the economy itself. The move was welcomed with pro-war propoganda spreading like wildfire throughout the faction quelling the many pacifists whom were once on the street in unrest at the actions being taken outside their territory.
War still rages on in the Believers territory however as a bombing runs by University needlejets completely destroyed a small base near Spartan territory, there were no survivors.
Industrialists and economists have been put together in newly formed work teams to ensure that all bases production output is greatly improved, and soon.

Turn 2207 to (ultra cool lol) Hobbes

(ps got a reload for DD? and i think i've just did one myself, had a problem with directx draw when i started the game and it wouldnt let me type anything in the box so had to hit enter 3 times and cancel to get out and reboot my comp)
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old September 4, 2003, 18:18   #473
Lazerus
King

this is your email xxxjcrocombe@dingoblue.net.auxxx right Hobbes ? thats where its went
Old September 4, 2003, 18:29   #474
H0bbes
Emperor

No. That email is a year old at least. jcrocombe@aardvark.net.au

Hobbes

Old September 5, 2003, 10:16   #475
Lazerus
King

ok resent now
Old September 6, 2003, 16:32   #476
H0bbes
Emperor

Received, Played & sent onwards.

Old September 14, 2003, 07:47   #477
Lazerus
King

This year was basically VERY like 2207, apart from i lost to that damn worm this time, in the fact i had to do everything i wanted to do again.
Why are we picking up from from the turn that drogue took rather then the continuation of the one i sent out ? was 1 more year wasted building pointless units

Turn 2208 to hobbes
Old September 14, 2003, 07:49   #478
Lazerus
King

and hmm this is weird, the email is dated as wednesday yet ive just literally got it now as i logged on ...
did you have any trouble sending it herc ?
even weirder is that in the actual inbox its dated as the 14th stupid hotmail
Old September 17, 2003, 12:23   #479
Hercules
Deity

Turn 2209 to Lazerus. Back on course or off course as the case may be.
Old September 17, 2003, 14:51   #480
Lazerus
King

Aint received 2209 yet ?