Old September 9, 2001, 19:33   #1
Sith123
Settler

Local Time: 13:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
question...
In a current game I'm playing, right at the beginning I was stuck right beside miriam and after a few border conflicts I took most of her cities, except for 2 on my part of the continent, while yang took out the others. I was going after the one city and she kept sending soldiers from another just ouside of my cities, and as the news things said she kept destroying farms, solar collectors, mines, etc.....well....what I want to know is.....how the heck do you do that??
Old September 9, 2001, 19:57   #2
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 10:16
im not sure if i understand your question. are you asking how she's doing that without you knowing what's doing it, or how you destroy improvements?

if its the second one, all you have to do is move a unit into the square with the improvement and press D. it works with air too, but with choppers, it doesn't work so hot. you can also use artillery long range fire or boats.
Old September 9, 2001, 20:11   #3
Lefty Scaevola
lifer
Emperor

Local Time: 08:16
answer....:
D = pillage improvements, it ends the units movement (bad for chopper as said above)

ground units automatically succeed and get to choose the improvement

Air units have a chance to succeed and get to chose the improvement

Artillery (only against a hex not occupied by a unit) have a chance to succeed and do not choose the improvement
Special warning: do not use artillery against one of your own improvement is you have another artillery unit adjacent to the square and within range of the the firing unit. You will fight an artillery duel between your own units.

I am not sure what factors go into the probability to hit with artillery or air units, but it appears to go up if the same unit attacks the same improvement it missed the prior turn.
From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"
Old September 9, 2001, 22:21   #4
Sith123
Settler

Local Time: 13:16
ah thank you for answering that. It's been bugging me for a while now