Old September 10, 2001, 16:07   #1
Vertical
Settler

Local Time: 14:17
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Where did the designers aquire all the info?
Does any of you know where the designers aquire the huge amount of information, implemented in the game? I'm talking about the futuristic subjects, like: nano technology, chaos theory, fluid breathing, etc.
I'm particulary interested in futuristic technology and would like to know what literature was consulted when making the game.

Thx in advance
Old September 10, 2001, 17:07   #2
Vertical
Settler

Btw, can someone give me the E-mail addresses of the designers? Thx.
Old September 12, 2001, 23:56   #3
Cuirass
Chieftain

Local Time: 05:17
Re: Where did the designers aquire all the info?
Quote:
Originally posted by Vertical
Does any of you know where the designers aquire the huge amount of information, implemented in the game? I'm talking about the futuristic subjects, like: nano technology, chaos theory, fluid breathing, etc.
I'm particulary interested in futuristic technology and would like to know what literature was consulted when making the game.

Thx in advance
That is a very good question. to bad I don't have a very good answer. Sorry . I would like the answer to that too.
Rmns 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." John 3:16 "For God so loved so world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever beleives in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." KJV
Old September 13, 2001, 07:42   #4
Der PH
Warlord

Some futuristic elements CTP uses are taken from sources I know.

Some examples:

Cyber Ninja:
To me this successor of the good old spy looks a little like the street samurai from cyberpunk sources like Gibson's 'Neuromancer' or the role playing game 'Shadowrun' (which is largely based on Gibson's novels).

Arcologies:
These self-sustaining Megabuildings also appear in cyberpunk sources as well as the movie 'Blade Runner'.
BTW: In the real world there already exist plans for buildings which could be called Arcologies.

Fluid breathing:
Have a look at the movie 'The abyss'.

Nano technology:
The basics of molecular machines are already in development in several research centers.

Hovertanks:
I remember several sources for these war machines: For example the previously mentioned 'Shadowrun' and last but not least the droid tanks from Star Wars, Episode 1.

Gaia theory:
There actually are discussions about theories, which presume the whole earth to be some kind of organism, which is called Gaia.

Corporate republic:
Another element from cyberpunk SciFi and not far from reality. Just look at the connections between politics and multinational corporations.
Old September 13, 2001, 17:17   #5
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 15:17
Quote:
Fluid breathing:
Have a look at the movie 'The abyss'.
Actual fluid breathing is possible today, of course it is not water that you breathe, but it can help people with heavy lung injuries to survive.

-Martin
Old September 13, 2001, 19:20   #6
Cuirass
Chieftain

Wow. interesting. what about subneural adds(sp) and eco rangers.
Rmns 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." John 3:16 "For God so loved so world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever beleives in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." KJV
Old September 17, 2001, 06:47   #7
Der PH
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Cuirass
Wow. interesting. what about subneural adds(sp) and eco rangers.
I don't know a direct source for the eco ranger, but in 'Shadowrun' there exists a fanatical terroristic group dedicated to environmental protection called 'Green War'.
Old September 26, 2001, 20:32   #8
Cuirass
Chieftain

interesting
Old September 29, 2001, 03:06   #9
Simpleton
Prince

Local Time: 06:17
Quote:
Originally posted by Vertical
Btw, can someone give me the E-mail addresses of the designers? Thx.
Considering CTP2 tanked and Activision is bankrupt I think most of the clowns who made this flop are in the unemployment line. Maybe you should check your nearest unemployment office. You don't have to rush because with CTP and CTP2 on their resume they will be there a long time!!!
Old September 29, 2001, 07:13   #10
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Simpleton
Considering CTP2 tanked and Activision is bankrupt I think most of the clowns who made this flop are in the unemployment line. Maybe you should check your nearest unemployment office. You don't have to rush because with CTP and CTP2 on their resume they will be there a long time!!!
Actual Activision didn't care about the people who made CTP2 they let them go. And it was Activion's fault not the fault of the programers. Activion didn't give all the means that were necessary to complete such a project, like money, time and people, they dropped this project. The most people or all of them who made CTP2 left month ago Activision.

-Martin
Old September 29, 2001, 08:02   #11
player1
Emperor

I think that one of them (don't remember the name) is working for Blizzard now.