Old September 12, 2001, 09:29   #31
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:19
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I saw the second plane hit the building live, it was horrible. I watched people jump to their deaths to avoid being burned alive. Then I watched the buildings crumbled and crush thousands of firefighters, police, and other innocents. Although I was quick to blame all Muslims, I realized it wasn't their faults. It was the fault of a few extremists. And how do you punish that? What can we take away from them that is so important?

I say, march into the Middle East, overthrow every radical Islamic government, and put in place democracies. Also, I pray that we find Osama bin Laden, all his supporters, and their families, torture them for a year, then burn them alive so they can feel what those people felt.

Sure, that kind of action would create great unrest and cost many more lives, but in a hundred years, people will look back and thank the United States for putting an end to oppressive fanatical governments.

This terrible tragedy could have been avoided. We rely on security checkpoints at airports manned by workers who make less than people flipping burgers at McDonalds to keep our skies safe. A simple thing like a dead-bolt on the cabin inside all jumbo jets would have helped.

Personally, I think the United States needs to drastically reduce air travel to freight and transcontinental flights only. But at the same time I think more research should be put into the areas of high speed mass rail transit. In Europe and Japan there are trains that can travel close to 300 mph. They are safer, less expensive, and can carry more people than these ticking time bombs in the air. But Americans are stubborn and aren't willing to make the initial investment of changing things. I regret calling myself American sometimes.

The other thing that I think is stupid in this country, is the fact that this attack is going to drive America into a recession. But why? Only a few buildings were destroyed. The industrial infrastructure in this country was barely harmed. This country has turned into a stock market economy. It doesn't rely upon the simple goods for money type economy. It relies upon a bunch of rich white people trading imaginary things called stocks. These people don't effect how hard the workforce of America works, these people don't effect if consumers decide to buy things. But they do control how many millions a CEO will make in a year. They do control whether thousands of people will have their jobs or not. This pseudo-recession America is going to face is the product of greed. I hope that America does fall into a great depression so that a revolution can rise up and overthrow these bastards on Wall Street who control our economy.

I feel that the next few years will be a major turning point in World history, not just American history.

On a side note, I say we capture Saddam Hussein. Strap him to a chair, and bash his nuts with a baseball bat with a rusty nail coming out the end. And I quote, "I congratulate the terrorists in a job well done. This is a victory for those who oppose the tyranny of the United States." How is this guy still in power? Give me an assault rifle, his location, and I'll end this problem real quick.

Ahhh, it feels good to vent. Thanks.
Old September 12, 2001, 09:49   #32
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 14:19
I agree SoulAssassin, the world economy seems to be filled with so many people who don't seem to actually do anything but number-juggle in the most procarious manner. And we run a whole planet around this system? Remarkable.

I reckon the wonders should certainly stay. After all, the Hanging Gardens or The Oracle no longer exist, do they?

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith
Old September 12, 2001, 09:51   #33
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Harrison, you are awesome. I love the Cyberdemon.
Old September 12, 2001, 10:07   #34
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 14:19
That can go in my signature too

You see, some people would say with that post that I am being callous of the loss of life but it is quite the opposite. The nature of how society has organised itself, how many lose out in 'economic warfare' has lead to this assault. It is such a tragic shame that those who lose out are civilians who were totally unsuspecting.

I do hope this hasn't been totally in vain and people learn from this catastrophe.

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith
Old September 12, 2001, 10:08   #35
Kurgan
Chieftain

Local Time: 13:19
One thing I would like to say is that for me is distinguishing the idea of the Petrona Towers. Another is that to all the people that read the post about the "Diada" I will like them to know that the government of Cataluña is supporting the government of the Basque Country in Spain also and the Government of the Basque Country helps and suports the terrorist attacks of ETA, which has caused 1000 deats since it started. In Cataluña they have a democratic government and they are part of a Democratic State, España, but they also started a terrorist group called "Terra Lliure", but at least in the case of the Catalonians it did not have support, but because it was bad for bussiness. Pleas do not get intoxicated with people that put nationalism before democracy, human lives, and human rigths (and yes they suffered a lot under dictatorial regimes in Spain, but so did many other parts of the Spain, and the world).
Old September 12, 2001, 10:18   #36
Kurgan
Chieftain

Local Time: 13:19
I did want to put that the idea of the Petrona Towers is disgusting, not distinguising. To soulAssassin, the problem is that to install a democracy you need the "demos" to support the "cracy", if you primary value is to obey the Coran, and the Coran clashes with the Bill of rights, then you have a Civil War or no democracy at all. Democracy is so precious because to get all the people to share the values of freedom etc is very difficult, and there is no democracy born out of a peaceful path (the US needed a Revolutionary War, and Cromwell showed the Kings in England that they were not there by the grace of God but the Grace of the people)
Old September 12, 2001, 10:33   #37
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

it's Koran....

and if Muslims can live in peace in the United States, they can live in peace in the Middle East. As I said before, that kind of drastic action would take a long time to bring order, probably around 50-100 years of civil unrest would take place. But it would be a step in the right direction.

And demos without cratics? WTF does that mean. I suppose it sounded like a clever little phrase when you thought about it, unfortunately it doesn't make sense.

In a thousand years, people will compare the United States to the Roman Empire. With that thought in mind, the United States isn't going to last forever... just food for thought.
Old September 12, 2001, 10:44   #38
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Local Time: 15:19
for some strange reason i seem to think that this thread has gone off-topic....
Old September 12, 2001, 10:46   #39
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Local Time: 07:19
...and has anyone actually heard that the WTC was going to be in the game before this attack, or is everyone just assuming that it was? I don't recall ever hearing anything about a WTC wonder.