Old September 12, 2001, 17:33   #1
PGM
Prince

Local Time: 13:21
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Sympathy for victims of attacks in the USA
I would like to sincerely give my support and sympathy for all
American people in general, for today not only a hideous crime has been perpetrated against thousands of people of a great nation, but also against the free world itself.
I feel devastated, I would like to donate blood but I'm probably too far away for any practical results.
Anyway, sorry about this thread if you feel it doesn't belong here.
Old September 12, 2001, 17:36   #2
bigfree1

You are right; THIS doesn't belong here. There are Forums for just this sort of thing.

Old September 12, 2001, 17:45   #3
Col Bigspear
Warlord

Location: Manchester, England. Im 1/2 Polish and proud of it!
Note this is not intended to offend anyone. Its just an observation. Thousands of people are giving blood (which I think is a wonderful thing for those people to be doing that) but they keep saying not many people are going to be pulled from the rubble. The American health service is going to be well stocked up on blood dont you think?.
Old September 12, 2001, 17:58   #4
jsw363
Prince

Local Time: 05:21
It is true that people are being generous and giving their blood, but the US has had a blood shortage for some time. People have to wait for blood sometimes because their type isn't readily available. I don't think that we should do anything to discourage people from donating blood.
Old September 12, 2001, 18:10   #5
Leonidas
King

This attack on the US that will result in Tens of thousands of deaths has impacted the entire world. Your post on this topic is relevant everywhere. . .
Old September 12, 2001, 19:10   #6
MarBaS
Chieftain

This post can be put anywhere. I would think it would be worth being posted if you were in the plane that went into the buildings.
Old September 12, 2001, 19:24   #7
isaac brock
Warlord

Local Time: 08:21
If you don't think this thread is relevant, you are completely ignorant of the importance of this event. Every person in the civilized world, and third world countries as well, is affected by this. I for one, send the deepest condolences I can offer, and I am filled with both anger and a terrible fear of what is to come. Do not downplay the importance of this. It is the most significant event to occur in many, many years.
Old September 12, 2001, 19:39   #8
KrazyHorse
Deity

Local Time: 09:21
Not really. 800 000 Rwandans died 3 years ago in an act of genocide.

EDIT: before somebody starts flaming me, let me say that I am horrified at the events of yesterday.
Get Rich or Die Tryin'

Last edited by KrazyHorse; September 12, 2001 at 19:44.
Old September 12, 2001, 19:50   #9
isaac brock
Warlord

I am not saying that it was the biggest death toll or anything similar to that. But it is significant enough to cause some unimaginable events. I have a very difficult time believing that this is not simply a bad dream. I'm not saying that Rwandans aren't important, but when this happens to the most powerful country on earth, s hit is going to fly.
Old September 12, 2001, 20:08   #10
java4me
Warlord

This event was the first attack on the continental US since 1812. That is almost 200 years. My best regards to the people who were in the four planes, both towers, and the pentagon.

And to their Family and Friends.

Last edited by java4me; September 12, 2001 at 20:15.
Old September 12, 2001, 20:19   #11
isaac brock
Warlord

And in 1815, it was war, but it wasn't quite so terrifying. The british didn't expose the great weakness in the US, and the US was not the most powerful nation in the world. Before, stories of suicide bombers in israel, for instance, were remote and while you might feel that one side was right or you were one of the few people who were very active and concerned about the war there, it was just something you would read about, say "hmm" and go take a smoke. Now its different, now north america is not simply the isolated giant who has no reason to be involved in world affairs
Old September 12, 2001, 21:39   #12
Daimyo
Settler

1812 ....? Not really ..

In the early morning darkness of March 9, 1916, guerrillas of the Mexican Revolution under General Francisco "Pancho" Villa attacked the small New Mexico border town and military camp at Columbus -- the site of what is now Pancho Villa State Park. ..

That was the last time that a foreign army invaded U.S
Old September 12, 2001, 21:46   #13
Leonidas
King

A state of war currently exists.

When the US finds out who the terrorists are and discover the nation that harboured them, there will be hell to pay. . .

The dogs of war will unleashed with a vengeance. . .
Old September 12, 2001, 21:46   #14
SerapisIV
King

Please take this debate to the OT. It has no bearing on Civ3 which is only a video game. I might be alone in this, but I now check AC and Civ3 forums trying to not think of the destruction back home. Sorry.
Old September 12, 2001, 22:08   #15
isaac brock
Warlord

It isn't pleasant to think of what has happened. I myself have been trying to put it at the back of my mind, but it is too serious to ignore. I know, some day they may look back on this and say "Wow, they sure were worried stupid" but on the other hand, maybe their won't be many people to look back on this. I might be over reacting, but I do really believe this is the event that defines the rest of history for many years to come. I don't think its as simple as "The army's gonna kick some ass" but it would make everyone happier if someone got killed for this. But how do you stop men who think nothing of killing thousands at the expense of their own lives? How do you reason with them? How do you face an enemy you cannot see? questions that have to be answered before we can put a stop to these bastards. I agree with Vladimir Putin, who wants nations to band together to make an international anti terrorism force.

btw i think i'm gonna move up in rank with this post, but it hardly seems to matter or be even slightly rewarding.
Old September 12, 2001, 23:20   #16
java4me
Warlord

I was talking about at major attack...

Anyways, this is something that you will remember where you were like when Kennedy got shot. Still this a very major thing, so far it is speculated that the death toll will surpass the death toll of pearl harbor, and might even get close to the death toll of Vietnam.

Also, the US is at a state of war, with aircraft carriers, sumbarines, and Battleships patrolling the West and East coastlines.

This is a very sad story.