Old September 29, 2001, 19:08   #61
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 07:28
Local Date: October 31, 2010
2151 to Allen -- I should complete the TOE this turn (as if science matters in this free-for-all).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drone Intelligence HQ

" Our spies reprt that the gaians are distraught at their fortunes in this war. We are winning"

" Patience young man . . . they are yet formidable. Our reports indicate that they are hoarding energy credits and that further they will complete 5 parachute-capable agents this year. They plan to subvert one of our bases but we have so many that they are impossible to defend.

" So what do we do ??"

" we concentrate on a handful of well developed bases and exert all our efforts to defend those. Meanwhile we continue to capture their bases as we can. Our capture of Vale of Worms is just such an example. . . We captured a base when we felt we had the ability to hold it . . . but if they recapture or mindcontrol our forces we should still have sufficient forces for an adequate follow-up"
Old September 30, 2001, 02:57   #62
Tenchusatsu
Warlord

Local Time: 13:28
Checkmate, Year 2251
New Gaian Headquarters, Mindworm Pass
Personal Log, Druid Tenchusatsu

After many sleepless nights, I've come to the conclusion that in order to prevent further loss of life, the Gaian nation must surrender to the Drones. Perpetuating the war any further would be futile for us, and the Drones would be less apt to show mercy.

Earlier tonight I had dinner with Lady Deirdre. I told her of the hopeless state of the war as well as my plans to surrender. She has been in a depressed mood for the past several years, so the news hardly came as a shock or heartbreak to her. She claimed that she understood and that she agreed with my decision, but I wasn't sure if her depression was speaking in her place.

The mood of the evening was peaceful, yet awkward and sullen. We found it awfully hard to eat our food, which consisted of the finest hybrids from Deirdre's personal garden. Yet I know that tomorrow we could very well be taken captive by the Drones for "war crimes." The only warm part of the evening was after we had finished our dinner. Lady Deirdre came over, gently kissed me on the cheek, and said,

"Thank you, not only for doing such a great job being my main administrator and first advisor, but for also being my one and only true friend all of these years. Whatever happens in the years to come, whatever may become of us, I want to let you know that our friendship will last forever. Good night, my friend."

I'm not sure if tomorrow will be the last time we see each other, or even the last time I see daylight. Once we fly to Free Drone Central, we'll be at the mercy of the Drones.

But before that happens, I have just one more thing to do ...
_______

Epilogue
Druid Tenchusatsu

Well, there you have it. I have taken records, files, transcripts, and log entries from over the entire life of the Gaian nation in an effort to make this compilation of our history. Tomorrow the nation of Gaia will be in the hands of the Free Drone empire. Whatever becomes of our heritage, our values, our philosophies, only Gaia knows.

Usually history is written and rewritten by the victors. That is my reason for putting together this compilation. I know all of this was put together in haste, but of course, I didn't have much time to refine and edit the contents. It's all right there, raw and untouched, so that historians in the future may have an unadulterated look at our heritage.

Once I finish writing this, I will transmit a copy of this compilation to every citizen of Gaia, every network node, and every computer. I will also bury an electronic version and a paper version in a secret time capsule, just in case the Drones decide to destroy the existing copies or rewrite our story to suit their benefit. This way I can ensure that our legacy will live on in one form or another.

I only ask one thing from you, the reader. Please do not let the legacy of our Gaian nation die. Pass on our ideals. Stress the importance of environmentalism, of economic efficiency, of sensitivity to Planet, of pacifism and non-violence. Make sure you learn from our mistakes so that history might not have to repeat itself. Do not let whatever society you are living in fall victim to the same fate Old Earth did in the late 21st century.

This is my hope and prayer. May Gaia watch over the souls of all of humanity forever and ever.

Signed,

Druid Tenchusatsu

Old September 30, 2001, 08:54   #63
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 07:28
Foreman Flubber addressing the world

" Today I am pleased to report that the Gaians have capitulated. As we speak, Free Drone forces have begun occupying the military installations of the Gaians and disarming their troops. These gaian troops will be permitted to return to their homes and their families.

This Planet has known war and threats of war for far too long. It is time to reacquaint ourself with the benefits of peace. We can no longer think of ourselves as 'Free Drone' or 'Gaian' but must begin to think of ourselves as a United Planet. I am pleased to report that the Council of Supervisors in an unanimous vote declared the United republic of Chiron. Lady Deidre has agreed in principle and it is hoped that elected representatives from the southlands will join the legislature within 180 days.

From this day forth there shall be no citizenship other than that of Chiron and every man, woman and child is entitled to the full benefits of citizenship regardless of ethnic background or ideology.

My fellow Chironians . . . I am blessed to lead a united Planet with a multitude of talents. By working together we can maximize industrial output in a way that incorporates both efficient and eco-friendly policies

Thank you and God Bless"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Journal of Foreman Flubber 2251

Well we have won. It is such a pleasant thought to realize that tomorrow, no one must die. The leadership of the Gaians have been moved to Free Drone Central for debriefing. Many of them have a vision for the future of a united Chiron and I would not be suprised if many of them get elected to the new government.

The issue now is to reflect on the events of the last 150 years.

I think the defining moment for our society was the massacre of 2172 perpetrated by the Cult, a cowardly assault on first meeting with a group of our scouts. The Free Drone society was unprepared for war. We had few units and our technology had stressed peaceful application.

In that period we had to trade many of our secrets for the necessary science of war. Our entire focus was on dealing with CUlt menace. The Cult went through some governmental upheaval and we, attempting to be peaceful, stayed our hand, in circumstances where we could have decimated the Cult. But I truly wanted peace.

The peace treaty was reached with the Cult but even from the beginning, it seemed their loyalties were elsewhere. I suspected collusion and made certain to arm myself accordingly. In 2206 the collusion became a certainty as our intelligence service intercepted a secret message in which the Cult, Gaians and Morganites plotted our downfall. From my point of view the die was cast.

Intelligence manipulations led to a Cult decision to fall on their sword, as it were, and mystically evaporate into the Planetmind. Then the war began. The morganites fell as did the Spartans and Consciousness. The Gaians busied themselves attacking the Spartans,Consciousness and single-handedly decimating the Peacekeepers. For a time when there were only two nations on Planet. our war was largely unfought

Just before the last of the Spartans and Conciousness passd into nothingness, I did manage to get a solar shade raised. This was a key as the gaians ruled the seas.

The war continued, broken only by a brief truce. By this time I had developed in excess of 60 bases and in the end almost half were producing attack choppers. I was glad to accept the surrender of the gaians.

Now to the future. . . a period of healing must ensue. I have obtained a copy of the "Gaian Histories" which the gaians are attempting to set up as an alternate history for their citizens. This cannot be permitted, the divisions between us must be closed. This history is riveting and must be read by all Chironians not passed as contraband from former Gaian to former Gaian. Likewise the Drone accounts must be read by all. I envision companion volumes " A Tale of Two Nations" with exerpts to be studied in the schools so that the children learn there are two points of view in every dispute.

It is within my power to do these things and I shall see them done before I retire.
Old October 1, 2001, 21:51   #64
NorthSwordsman
Prince

Local Time: 08:28
Thus ends the Chronicles of the Great War....