Old September 19, 2001, 13:09   #1
JellyDonut
Prince

Local Time: 14:35
Local Date: October 31, 2010
FIRAXIS: Typo
This is a job for...UNNECESSARY PEDANTRY MAN! Dum da da da!!! Unnecessary Pedantry Man, by day an inconspicuous high school student, comes out at night to fight the evil forces of bad English.

Unnecessary Pedantry Man is quietly browsing the web in his study. Aha! A new Civ of the Week. *GASP* TYPO! OH NO! WHAT WILL HE DO?

Meanwhile, at Firaxis HQ:
Dan: Think they'll notice?
Jeff: It's Apolyton. Of course they will. Not to mention Unnecessary Pedantry Man is in his secret hideout, perhaps downloading the new wallpaper.

Unnecessary Pedantry Man's forte is not graphics editing. Can the forces of unnecessary pedantry correct this horrible error? No, we need to call Computer Graphics Editor Man!

Computer Graphics Editor Man, can you help me? On the new wallpaper, the people over at Firaxis have misplaced an "H" in "Gandhi"!

Dum da da da! Computer Graphics Editor Man uses his mighty command over computer graphics editing to put the "h" in it's rightful position and make it look like nothing was wrong, and unnecessary pedantry is once again triumphant!

BTW, the above story is pure fiction, except that there really is a typo on the new wallpaper. Check it out.

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!
Old September 19, 2001, 13:18   #2
hetairoi22
Warlord

Local Time: 14:35
Re: FIRAXIS: Typo
Quote:
Originally posted by JellyDonut
This is a job for...UNNECESSARY PEDANTRY MAN! Dum da da da!!! Unnecessary Pedantry Man, by day an inconspicuous high school student, comes out at night to fight the evil forces of bad English.

Unnecessary Pedantry Man is quietly browsing the web in his study. Aha! A new Civ of the Week. *GASP* TYPO! OH NO! WHAT WILL HE DO?

Meanwhile, at Firaxis HQ:
Dan: Think they'll notice?
Jeff: It's Apolyton. Of course they will. Not to mention Unnecessary Pedantry Man is in his secret hideout, perhaps downloading the new wallpaper.

Unnecessary Pedantry Man's forte is not graphics editing. Can the forces of unnecessary pedantry correct this horrible error? No, we need to call Computer Graphics Editor Man!

Computer Graphics Editor Man, can you help me? On the new wallpaper, the people over at Firaxis have misplaced an "H" in "Gandhi"!

Dum da da da! Computer Graphics Editor Man uses his mighty command over computer graphics editing to put the "h" in it's rightful position and make it look like nothing was wrong, and unnecessary pedantry is once again triumphant!

BTW, the above story is pure fiction, except that there really is a typo on the new wallpaper. Check it out.
Old September 19, 2001, 15:01   #3
dainbramaged13
Trade Wars / BlackNova Traders
King

Local Time: 09:35
lol!

i have this as my background and i didn't notice that until now
Old September 19, 2001, 17:35   #4
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 00:35
Local Date: November 1, 2010
LOL @ JellyDonut story, very funny!!!
Old September 19, 2001, 17:49   #5
mactbone
Prince

Local Time: 08:35
Guess I must be your sidekick or something. I keep seeing everyone type loser/losing with an extra o. Hmmm, I'm a loser losing this game to the losingest loser that ever lost.
Hehe
-Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"