Old September 19, 2001, 17:04   #1
dainbramaged13
Trade Wars / BlackNova Traders
King

Local Time: 09:35
Local Date: October 31, 2010
When will video be available?
mark or dan, and whoever has the preorder video, when will it be available online?

thanx
Old September 19, 2001, 17:16   #2
TechWins
King

Local Time: 06:35
DanQ, sent me a PM asking me if I would exhange the video with him, so he could put it up on Apolyton. I of course said yes and now I'm waiting for Dan's reply. For now you can go to my thread about the video and see some screenshots. They are no longer the small BMPs that you have to download, yet larger JPEGs.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old September 19, 2001, 18:24   #3
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 08:35
tech, send it to me.

is it a VHS tape? or a file on CD?
Old September 19, 2001, 18:31   #4
TechWins
King

Quote:
tech, send it to me.
Ok sure...tell me how. It is a file on a cd.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old September 19, 2001, 19:13   #5
dainbramaged13
King

me too.
ok first drag and drop the file, or copy it (using windows explorer) from the cd drive to your hard drive. Remember the location. THEN write an email to me and uberkrux and danq and markg and anyone else who has asked for it firsthand and click attach, and then, browse. Find where you put the file, click on it, then click 'ok' or whatever. Make sure that it is clear.

btw, my email addy is
dainbramaged13@msn.com

i think marks is markg@apolyton.net and dans is danq@apolyton.net, but im not sure
Old September 19, 2001, 19:45   #6
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Ascaffidi69@hotmail.com

just upload it as you would a normal file via email, and i'll make a download site for it to help apolyton's bandwidth woes.
Old September 20, 2001, 15:31   #7
TechWins
King

I'm sending off the video right now. I hope all esle goes well.
Old September 20, 2001, 15:34   #8
KrazyHorse
Deity

Thanks a lot for all the effort, TW. Even if people b*tch about the resolution, I know they're grateful too.
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old September 20, 2001, 15:55   #9
TechWins
King

Quote:
Thanks a lot for all the effort, TW. Even if people b*tch about the resolution, I know they're grateful too.
Yeah, I've tried my best to provide as much info about the video as I could until I sent off the video. Thank you for appreciating that.

DB, could you please tell me if what I sent you had the attachment. There seems to some hiccups right now with me sending the video and I want to confirm that those are false.
Old September 20, 2001, 16:32   #10
saracen31
Warlord

Local Time: 13:35
Where is the original thread about the video?
Old September 20, 2001, 16:48   #11
TechWins
King

Saracen, just go here.
Old September 20, 2001, 17:58   #12
dainbramaged13
King

theres no attachment in the email
i sent you an email about it, read it.

thank you again so much for doing this for us. we appreciate it.
Old September 20, 2001, 19:00   #13
TechWins
King

Dainbramaged,

I've got the briefcase but it only allows uploading of up to 5MB files. The file that I need to send is 74.4MB! On Outlook Express you can send several messages with attachments. Well, here I'll just copy and past what it says.

To send large messages
Many mail and news servers limit the size of the messages you can receive and send. Usually this limit is one megabyte (1 MB) per message, including all attached files.

With Outlook Express, however, you can send large messages or files to mail and news servers that have size limits by breaking the messages into smaller ones. When the group of messages is received, the mail program recombines them into one message.

On the Tools menu, click Accounts.

On either the Mail or News tab, click Properties.

On the Advanced tab, select the Break apart messages larger than x KB check box and then enter the maximum file size the server will allow.

I'm going to try this method by sending it to you. You may receive a plethora of messages and I'm sorry for that. This appears to be the only way I can transfer this file.
Old September 20, 2001, 19:04   #14
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

argh. briefcases blow.

should just save it to the desktop and upload it via mail.

if your mail doesnt allow it then thats another problem.
Old September 20, 2001, 20:05   #15
dainbramaged13
King

Quote:
Originally posted by TechWins
Dainbramaged,

I've got the briefcase but it only allows uploading of up to 5MB files. The file that I need to send is 74.4MB! On Outlook Express you can send several messages with attachments. Well, here I'll just copy and past what it says.

To send large messages
Many mail and news servers limit the size of the messages you can receive and send. Usually this limit is one megabyte (1 MB) per message, including all attached files.

With Outlook Express, however, you can send large messages or files to mail and news servers that have size limits by breaking the messages into smaller ones. When the group of messages is received, the mail program recombines them into one message.

On the Tools menu, click Accounts.

On either the Mail or News tab, click Properties.

On the Advanced tab, select the Break apart messages larger than x KB check box and then enter the maximum file size the server will allow.

I'm going to try this method by sending it to you. You may receive a plethora of messages and I'm sorry for that. This appears to be the only way I can transfer this file.
thank you so much... so i have to have outlook express to open it? if you do, then that email addy wont work, you'll have to send it to b_sam87@hotmail.com however dont send it there yet, im off to check it now.
Old September 20, 2001, 20:20   #16
JellyDonut
Prince

Local Time: 14:35
Another suggestion: Set up a temporary web page and upload it to there. It may take a little hunting to find a good server since the file is so big.

This is the easiest way of uploading files to the Internet. I can't tell you how many school reports of mine are still floating around out there that I uploaded and printed out at the school

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!
Old September 20, 2001, 20:48   #17
monkspider
Civilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
King

Tech Wins, heres a web site offering 100 megs free
http://www.100megsfree.com/join.shtml

Also, it may help with file size concerns if you zip it up, or use some similar compression program.

I thank you for all the hard work you have been engaging in Tech, but is there any chance you could scan the picuture of the Zulu leader on the back of the box?
Old September 20, 2001, 20:49   #18
TechWins
King

How and the hell am I going to send this thing?

Sorry Dainbramaged but it just isn't working either.

I'm going to try jelly's suggestion. Where can I find a free temporary web page?

I'm very sorry for how long this is taking but I just can't get it to work.
Old September 20, 2001, 20:51   #19
monkspider
King

Please see my previous post in this thread Tech
Old September 20, 2001, 20:56   #20
TechWins
King

Quote:
Tech Wins, heres a web site offering 100 megs free
That website is no longer accepting applicants for free and I'm sorry but I don't have the money to pay for it. Stupide child labor laws won't let me get a job until I'm 16.

Quote:
is there any chance you could scan the picuture of the Zulu leader on the back of the box?
If I had a scanner I would be more than welcome to do that for you but I don't have a scanner. Sorry for that.

I'm looking for some free sites right now (again putting off homework). Is there any other suggestions? I'm finding sites right now but they are not offering enough space.
Old September 20, 2001, 21:00   #21
monkspider
King

Thanks again for your dedication Tech
Try here, they are advertising 150 megs free
http://150m.com/
Old September 20, 2001, 21:03   #22
monkspider
King

here's another site offering 100 megs free
(just in case that last one doesn't work)
http://www.yod.net/
Old September 20, 2001, 21:19   #23
TechWins
King

Before I saw your first link I was already in the process of signing up. Getting the page created could take awhile, though, with having to download certain programs and actually creating the page. Plus, the uploading of the file. Hopefully the uploading will go succesful.

I will try my best to get the site up and running as soon as possible. In just a few minutes I'm going to have to start doing homework. Which doesn't matter anyways because I am going to have to wait for files to be downloaded.

Oh yeah, I am also going to have to learn some HTML editing! Actually it's not that hard.
Old September 20, 2001, 21:52   #24
monkspider
King

actually, I don't think you have to create a webpage of any kind if you don't want to, you can just upload the file, and give us a direct link to download it.
Old September 20, 2001, 22:21   #25
TechWins
King

Quote:
actually, I don't think you have to create a webpage of any kind if you don't want to, you can just upload the file, and give us a direct link to download it.
Yeah, you are right but first I have to download a program to create the index.html for anybody to actually be able to see the site. right now all you see is an error.
Old September 21, 2001, 02:32   #26
Buck Birdseed
Emperor

Local Time: 13:35
You don't need any special program, at least not for now.

Open a session of Notepad and copy the following:

Code:
(html)
(head)
(title)Link to Preview Video(/title)
(/head)

(body)
(p)(a href="FILE_URL")Click here to download the video!(/a)(/p)
(/body)
(/html)
Substituting the URL of the video file for FILE_URL, and tag brackets (&lt &gt) instead of the normal ones. Save the file as index.html. Upload it.
Old September 21, 2001, 02:43   #27
Robert Plomp
admin
DiploGamesBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamC4WDG Team Apolyton
Administrator

Local Time: 15:35
Tech, you can upload it to my server at my home.

I'll send you an apolyton private message with my username and password.

In fact it's an mp3 db (that's why it's pw protected) thus it asks song title and artist etc, just say Firaxis or something and some bla bla.

When you have uploaded it I'll make it public since I have enough resources to do that.

thanks in advance and read my PM

CyberShy
Old September 21, 2001, 14:05   #28
monkspider
King

Any update on this yet guys? Good work by the way
Old September 21, 2001, 18:57   #29
monkspider
King

Any word, Tech? Cybershy?
Old September 21, 2001, 20:39   #30
mactbone
Prince

If you need to you can send it to me. I'm using a T-Line, so size is no problem, and I'm pretty sure I can set the video up on my web page so others can download it.
-Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"