Old October 2, 2001, 19:56   #31
SITS
King

Local Time: 13:37
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Turn 2105 to the Hive

Learning to understand Planet more and more.
'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna
Old October 3, 2001, 17:28   #32
Christmann
Chieftain

2105 to Uni.
Always shall your honor and your name and your fame endure.
Old October 3, 2001, 17:39   #33
mark13
ACDG The Free Drones
King

2105 to Scipio

(And SITS - I know the feeling. I haven't got anything good to write either )
Old October 4, 2001, 00:02   #34
Scipio Centaurus
Prince

2105 to Arima
Old October 5, 2001, 22:04   #35
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 06:37
RP4 is opening a second thread just for tales/histories/fiction, etc.

I've opened a similar one for RP3

G.
Old October 5, 2001, 22:05   #36
Arima
Chieftain

Local Time: 08:37
Turn to Qantaga
Old October 5, 2001, 22:07   #37
SITS
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Googlie
RP4 is opening a second thread just for tales/histories/fiction, etc.

I've opened a similar one for RP3

G.
Why the need for a second thread? I thought we posted in this thread?
'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna
Old October 6, 2001, 17:18   #38
DilithiumDad
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III PBEM
Prince

Looks like my post didn't make it before.

UN forces are setting up camp and focusing on produciton of nutrients to support our population. Many of our female colonists are expecting, so rise in population is expected soon !
Old October 6, 2001, 23:26   #39
DilithiumDad
Prince

2105 sent to the lovely Lady SITS at "her" old e-mail address since I don't have the new one with me. Just in case, I am attaching the move here:

Our colonists continue to massively exploit all available nutrients and getting fat and having lots of babies. All this babymaking leaves very little time for research or contruction of new units or bases, unfortunately.
Old October 7, 2001, 02:26   #40
SITS
King

Turn 2106 to CM

dd - I looked at this thread after I sent you an email requesting that you send it to my new address - ignore it!

We have our scouts out looking for interesting things to write about so we won't have to fill space with words that have no meaning.

Old October 7, 2001, 04:10   #41
Christmann
Chieftain

Turn 2106 to Uni.
Old October 7, 2001, 09:02   #42
mark13
ACDG The Free Drones
King

2106 to Scipio

Today is a tense day indeed. As we sit, pondering the fate of our lone colony pod in the sea of fungus, our thoughts must of course go out to the beleaguered colonists inside. They know not their fate - which, barring a miracle, looks grim. Our thoughts and prayers are with them at this time.
Old October 7, 2001, 19:16   #43
Scipio Centaurus
Prince

2106 to Arima
Old October 10, 2001, 10:04   #44
DilithiumDad
Prince

January 2107

A monument has been erected in UN headquarters to recognize our first research breakthrough, which now gives us the ability to terraform and further increase food supplies for our growing population. This breakthough occurred in 2106, the same year of the very first breakthough on Planet which was achieved by Provost Smarty-Pants. The UN faction considers its research to be progresing very well indeed when can keep pace with the arrogant Cult of University.
Old October 10, 2001, 10:38   #45
SITS
King

Turn 2107 to Christmann

Produced our first former this and we plan to use this to work with Planet.

Old October 10, 2001, 16:31   #46
Christmann
Chieftain

Turn 2107 to Uni.
Old October 10, 2001, 17:16   #47
mark13
ACDG The Free Drones
King

2107 to Scipio

This year, the first of many temporary radio stations was set up around University territory - and how fortunate that it was. Not only did we hear the first sigs of other life on Chiron, but it transpired that these other colonists were not particularly friendly toward us.

The signal we received was rather poor quality, but certain phrases were clearly recognisable. The transmission, muttered in a distinctly Indian accent, went as follows:

Quote:
A monument.................UN Headquarters..........recognize our first research ............................the ability to terraform and further increase food supplies for our growing population. This breakthough...................the same year..........very first breakthough on Planet..............................Provost Smarty-Pants. ..........considers its research to be progresing very well...............the arrogant Cult of University.
This transmssion has both alarmed and puzzled us. Firstly, how did 'UN Headquarters' obtain our labs reports for the year? And secondly, why do they insist on boasting of the discovery of such primitive technology? The mind boggles...

In other news, the Colony Pod was saved by our gallant scout patrol - which, although it took heavy losses, saved the day.
Old October 10, 2001, 20:49   #48
Scipio Centaurus
Prince

2107 to Arima

------------------

The CEO leaned forward and said, "There's too much fungus for our current terraformer batallions to handle. Ideas? People?" He waited patiently for responses from the other members of the Executive Board of Directors.

Craven Spunkmeier - Junior VP of Testing the Waters (and the newest member of the Board) - looked around at the other Board members and in a subdued voice suggested, "We could have New New York City produce an auxilliary terraformer batallion to help out with fungus removal..." his voice trailed off lamely at the end.

There was a moment of absolute silence and then Scipio leaned back, steepling his hands over his belly and said, "Allright, how 'bout this? We have New New York City produce an auxilliary terraformer batallion to help out with fungus removal."

The other Directors glanced at each other and with much nodding of heads and other affirmations, they all quickly voiced there approval of the CEO's brilliant idea...

"Right on the nose, Chief!"

"Homerun!!"

"You 'da man!"

etc, etc, etc.

Scipio voiced a silent prayer to God for blessing him with such a talented set of Executive Directors to assist him in executing his plans for the fledgling Industrial Alliance

Last edited by Scipio Centaurus; October 10, 2001 at 21:10.
Old October 12, 2001, 11:13   #49
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

SITS:

Please send 2108 (and subsequently until further notice) to me - Chairman Christmann will be temporarily unavailable for a couple of weeks.

Thanks in advance

Googlie
Old October 12, 2001, 11:33   #50
SITS
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Googlie
SITS:

Please send 2108 (and subsequently until further notice) to me - Chairman Christmann will be temporarily unavailable for a couple of weeks.

Thanks in advance

Googlie
Noted!

Old October 13, 2001, 16:02   #51
Qantaga
King

2107 sent to the Peacekeepers.

-------

Temptation has reared its ugly head again. In this new Garden, it seems that it has taken the form of a piece of wreckage from the Unity and some documents rather than a serpent and an apple as in Eden.

One of our noble Scout Patrols found a pod that had fallen from the explosion of the Unity. They were hoping that it would contain supplies that would be useful to our people. Instead it contained a file of documents containing schematics and formulas.

They passed the file through proper channels, but some of our well-meaning scientists decided to pursue the data contained within. Even though they have been very diligent in maintaining the 10 year ban on new research, they felt that since they weren't "researching" these new ideas, it would be okay to implement them since they found them intact.

I wish they would have consulted me first. It appears as if this new technology concerns itself with money. I know it is wrapped up in the guise of energy credits and reserves, but it boils down to the same old vice...Greed!

We must be very careful with this new technology and hope that it does not begin to corrupt our virtuous population.

In the wake of this event, I have decided to extend the ban on research for another 10 years to carefully study the direction we need to pursue when it comes to future research efforts.
Old October 14, 2001, 02:57   #52
SITS
King

Turn 2108 sent to Googlie

Old October 14, 2001, 17:42   #53
Googlie
Emperor

2108 to mark13
Old October 14, 2001, 17:45   #54
mark13
ACDG The Free Drones
King

2108 to Scipio....
Old October 14, 2001, 21:34   #55
Scipio Centaurus
Prince

2108 to Spartans
Old October 18, 2001, 15:22   #56
Ironwood
Prince

Greetings. Googlie invited me to take over the position as representative of the Industrial Alliance, and I have accepted. If each of you would send me your name and faction via the email address you'd like turns and negotiations sent to, we can continue this game.
Take me as I am.
Old October 18, 2001, 18:54   #57
Black Sunrise
Prince

[transmission]
Greetings citizens of Planet from exploratory ship Black Sunrise!
Our people have been listening to your radio transmissions for some years with great interest. While exploring the Orion Clouds, word of your triumphs and disasters has been eagerly awaited. We salute you, and hope to hear more of your exploits!
Be well,
Indra Sunrise
Captain of Interstellar voyager Black Sunrise
[/transmission]
Old October 18, 2001, 19:23   #58
mark13
ACDG The Free Drones
King

Ironwood - I need yor e-mail address to send you a mail
Old October 19, 2001, 04:08   #59
Ironwood
Prince

Uh... oh yeah. Huh huh. ghoti@pacbell.net
Take me as I am.
Old October 19, 2001, 09:38   #60
SITS
King

Turn 2109 to Googlie

Ironwood I'm not sure which position you are taking over... Should I have sent you the turn for the Hive? If so I'll attach it here...

Welcome aboard!

Our scout patrols are performing heroics in the field by winning two battles that was forced on us against the Mindworms. If only we could find a way of communicating then I'm sure we could co-exist together.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip rp3-cm of the hive-2109.zip (58.7 KB, 1 views)