Old March 6, 2002, 19:52   #151
H0bbes
Emperor

Local Time: 15:37
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I'm happy to step in.

jcrocombe@dingoblue.net.au for anyone who doesn't have it.

http://zanature.wordpress.com
Old March 7, 2002, 00:09   #152
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 06:37
Quote:
Originally posted by DilithiumDad
It looks like Googlie has it --does he still post around here?
Only turn I have is CM of the Hive, 2120

I've sent Hobbes the password for Black Sunrise, so maybe the 2121 turn can be sent to him (addy as above in his post)

G.
Old March 7, 2002, 00:14   #153
Qantaga
King

Local Time: 08:37
If I am reading the thread correctly, SITS sent 2121 to Googlie, so if Googlie's last turn for the Hive is 2120, then that turn must have been lost in the ether of the internet. I think SITS needs to resend 2121 to Googlie. Then, we should be back in business with Hobbes on board.
Old March 7, 2002, 00:46   #154
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

So: the turn order is:

Gaians - SITS
Hive - Googlie, subbing for Christmann
University - Mark13
Morgan - Ironwood (Isn't he still in the game?)
Sparta - Hobbes, replacing Black Sunrise
Believers - Qantaga
Peacekeepers - Dilithium Dad

I guess I could look for a permanent replacement for Christmann

G.
Old March 7, 2002, 00:55   #155
Qantaga
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Googlie
Morgan - Ironwood (Isn't he still in the game?)
Actually, something really bizarre happened a few turns back. The game skipped a year and the game prompted Mark to send his turn on to Black Sunrise. The only thing that could possibly fit that scenario is if Ironwood retired. However, Ironwood came back and said that he did not retire, so we never figured out what happened.

Googlie, I think we are all more than happy to have you play the Hive, so it's completely your call if you want to find a permanent replacement for Christman.
Old March 7, 2002, 05:57   #156
SITS
King

Local Time: 13:37
I've forwarded the turn to Googlie....
'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna
Old March 7, 2002, 10:25   #157
Googlie
Emperor

2121 to Mark
Old March 7, 2002, 18:02   #158
mark13
ACDG The Free Drones
King

Well, this is a welcome surprise 2121 to Hobbes.
Old March 7, 2002, 18:57   #159
Qantaga
King

2121 to the Peacekeepers.

Hobbes did include a note in his e-mail. His reload warning is because he had to try from several possible passwords to find Black Sunrise's password for this game.
Old March 7, 2002, 19:04   #160
H0bbes
Emperor

2121 passed to Qantaga. Reload is from trying various of Googlie's password possibilities until the right one was found.

Hobbes jcrocombe@dingoblue.net.au

Old March 8, 2002, 00:19   #161
Googlie
Emperor

I can confirm Hobbes' reloads.

The passwords are stored on my Vancouver rig, and were on my laptop harddrive that died, so I sent Hobbes the ususal suspects I give to Spartan players - first couple didn't work , then he struck paydirt)

G.
Old March 8, 2002, 18:48   #162
DilithiumDad
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III PBEM
Prince

The Peaceloving Peacekeepers, who are particularly peaceloving when it comes to our dear friends the Spartans, passed the turn along at 10 am today to Lady SITS.
Old March 12, 2002, 16:43   #163
SITS
King

Turn 2122 to 'Sub' Commander Googlie

Sorry for the delay...

The Very Peace Loving Lady SITS!
'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna
Old March 13, 2002, 18:28   #164
Qantaga
King

2122 on to those Peaceloving Peacekeepers.
Old March 13, 2002, 20:22   #165
DilithiumDad
Prince

Back to the Lady SITS, who despite being so eminently peaceful is number one in military might!
Old March 15, 2002, 11:29   #166
SITS
King

Turn 2123 to Googlie

You mean worms are counted as military?

Old March 15, 2002, 11:47   #167
Googlie
Emperor

2123 to Mark

I don't think I've ever been in a game with so much fungus and this many mindworms - I have 11 active in the territory around my bases - just lost 4 scouts and 2 bases this turn.

For the heck of it, I counted the fungus squares I could see in my contiguous land - 137 out of 312 tiles

Who the heck set up this game !!!

Googlie

(and if I do post for a permanent replacement, I'll edit out these comments)
Old March 15, 2002, 13:47   #168
mark13
ACDG The Free Drones
King

2123 to Hobbes...LOL Googlie, I know how you feel (and it's your own fault )

---------------------------------------

Apprehension had given way to unity as the workers strived to clear the wreckage of the fallen scout rover division. Further afield, the Provost knew, there was a Unity Foil ship being pursued by an island of mind worms - quite clearly some kind of aquatic vector of the land-based version. He ceded that it was probably best not to come across them too often.

As he gazed out of the University Base laboratories, toward the newly-founded Korolev Centre, his eyes were drawn in by the bright red landscape around him. The fungus suffocated everything around it - if he strained his eyes, he could see, as a dot in the distance, the group of formers working away on a particularly stubborn patch of fungus, thought to be hiding some sort of energy reserves underneath. It was the height of summer, even though the calendar said March 15th, 2123 - of course, the seasons on Chiron did not directly correspond with those of Earth, and until a replacement calendar could be devised, the old one would have to do.

But now his thoughts were of a rather different nature, as he strolled into the main lab for the daily debrief. This wasn't until 11am, partly due to the early morning fog that set across the landscape and didn't shift until well into the morning (some sort of side-effect of the excessive fungus, though climatologists were not certain on this) - though the Provost wouldn't be the first to concede that it was partly due to the fact that he was a lazy sod who didn't want to get out of bed.

"Report, Katyana?"
"We've lost the Unity Foil, sir - isles of the deep thought to blame." came a soft voice from the other end of the table. Katyana was no older than the Provost's own daughter - yet her obvious communication skills and intrinsic intelligence would stand her in good stead.
"A sad day indeed for our faction - though their adventures will be told for years to come. Exploration is as much about research and discovery as anything in a laboratory could tell us. Inform the people they are not to work today - the news of the loss will deflate them beyond words."
"Indeed - should I commission a replacement vessel, Provost?"
"We have neither the means nor the tools with which to build such a contraption. Until, we can learn to be a little more flexible with our resources, that'll have to wait."

The thought of a replacement was not entirely out of the question, the Provost would have done anything to get away from the suffocating fungal blooms - though the journey would be perilous, and there would be no way of guaranteeing they'd be any better on the oth -

"...Sir, emergency!!" A stocky man came running in from his security post, panting - visibly shaken - "mind worms, a whole pack of them out there!"
"Send immediate reinforcements - tell the citizens to assist the scouts in their plight. We will take a stand against these beasts."

The world outside was in complete disarray - people abandoned their posts, some to run, some of the more courageous to join the scout squadron. Weapons would be useless, they knew that - and so it was that a group of one hundred and fifty-four assembled outside battled for half an hour with the mind worms. The occasional squelching could be heard as the worms collapsed under the strain of their own psychic power, and the groans of the unfortunate victims on the other side - the last worm fell, and the world slowly returned to normal again. The base suffered minimal losses in the end - fourteen had fallen by the factional outposts. Three obviously important ministers strolled back into the boardroom, their heads bowed - one of them was Zakharov - they were followed by five further, lesser ministers, who took their assigned seats. A brief silence followed, before Zakharov said what needed to be heard.

"Sensor outposts become first priority - set formers on the case immediately, god knows we've got enough of them." The Provost's determination was unwavering, and his motion was opposed by no-one. "We have suffered enough at the hands of these beasts - fourteen gallant colonists were lost today, in addition to the Unity foil and its inhabitants. They will all die, every last one of them - no matter what that loony Deirdre might think."
Old March 16, 2002, 03:56   #169
H0bbes
Emperor

Turned.

Old March 21, 2002, 19:32   #170
Qantaga
King

I have been out of town on business and it is almost impossible for me to get to 'Poly when I am in a hotel room. My "sent mail" folder shows that 2123 went out to DiDad on 3-16, but it looks like it may never have reached him.

I have just resent the turn.
Old March 21, 2002, 20:22   #171
DilithiumDad
Prince

Got it now, and sending on to lady Sits. The UN faction is studying different economic models. So far, none seem to be clearly superior to our frontier barter system. Some of us are concerned that free eneterprise may actually be dangerous with all the dense fungus around us. They point to recent earthquake activity as a sign that ecology is critically important on this world.
Old March 22, 2002, 11:08   #172
SITS
King

Turn 2124 to Googlie

Old March 22, 2002, 21:45   #173
Googlie
Emperor

2124 to Mark
Old March 23, 2002, 09:56   #174
mark13
ACDG The Free Drones
King

2124 to Hobbes.
Old March 23, 2002, 18:07   #175
H0bbes
Emperor

Onwards.

Old March 23, 2002, 21:26   #176
Qantaga
King

2124 to the Peacekeepers.
Old March 26, 2002, 18:36   #177
H0bbes
Emperor

I will be away over easter till April 5. Sorry for any delays this may cause.

Hobbes

Old May 16, 2002, 19:19   #178
SITS
King

Turn 2125 to Googlie

I think this is the right thread....

Old May 17, 2002, 01:03   #179
Googlie
Emperor

2125 to Mark
Old May 17, 2002, 09:15   #180
DilithiumDad
Prince

Why is it taking TWO MONTHS for one turn here? Did someone drop out?