Old September 25, 2001, 05:19   #1
Alexander's Horse
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 23:46
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I would prefer to pay for a multiplayer version than get some dinky MP download
We all know that if the Infogames/Firaxis Great Satan doesn't include multiplayer in the first release then it is just a blatant price gouging rip off. We also know that we multiplayers will bash the game right up to its release and lot more after if multiplayer isn't in. And boy are we good at it - just ask Activision

But leaving that aside for a moment

IF they are going to do multiplayer I would prefer to wait to pay for a full MP version of the game.

Why? Because if its a "free" add on. What incentive do they have to do it right?

By all means, release a single player version so Santa can give it to the single player kiddies for Christmas. With the crap video and cap, or the limited edition poster, whatever. Only kiddies care about that schlock.

But then give the hardcore fans our multiplayer!

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Last edited by Alexander's Horse; September 25, 2001 at 05:25.
Old September 25, 2001, 05:29   #2
Tjoepie
Chieftain

Local Time: 13:46
You have a good point there , but I never found a serious opponent to play a fair multiplayer game (till the end! No quitting ).
Don't get me wrong I love MP, other games I only play online because they are more fun, but Civ takes a long time and I hate it when someone all of a sudden gives up , and in that case a prefer single player ...

Maybe I'll try to find some descent poeple to play with via Apolyton in the future, I'd like that...

Anyway I don't think I'll be able to resist buying the game even at the first glance of it ...
Old September 25, 2001, 05:34   #3
Alexander's Horse
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 23:46
WHY don't you people ever go to the civ 2 multiplayer forum?
Quote:
Originally posted by Tjoepie

I never found a serious opponent to play a fair multiplayer game (till the end! No quitting ).
There are some excellent players right on this site! A big community of honest players. Go to the civ MP forum! Ask for Ming, he'll show you the ropes

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?
Old September 25, 2001, 05:41   #4
Tjoepie
Chieftain

Local Time: 13:46
Thanks m8 , I plan too, but I'll wait for civ3 ...

I've got a lot of work the next few weeks and I don't want to start anything like this unless I can give it enough attention...

But from november onwards I'll probably have plenty of free time to get a "very" good look at the SP , then hopefully the MP. I'm allready drooling
Old September 25, 2001, 05:41   #5
dainbramaged13
Trade Wars / BlackNova Traders
King

Local Time: 09:46
dont worry AH... i dont think you'll have any trouble getting them to charge for an expansion pack... what we need to be campaigning for is 16 more civs, and the options and graphics to have them all included in a game at once, all bundled with the Multilayer