Old September 27, 2001, 20:01   #31
Rakki
Warlord

Local Time: 23:50
Local Date: October 31, 2010
a conceptually simple way (programming difficulty unknown) would be to add an "Upgrade" city build option that bascially does what Leonardo's Workshop does - except it upgrades one unit at a time within the city.
Old September 27, 2001, 23:12   #32
Falconius
Prince

Local Time: 08:50
I would LOVE to be able to name my units. It gives you a sense of attachment to them. In Games where this was possible (Empire, for instance), I used to include the year of creation in the name. Then you had a sense of how old and accomplished the unit was.

If a unit is victorious at a key battle, you could re-name it to reflect that (eg Heroes of Austerlitz).

Anyway, hope someone is listening. Maybe we'll see it in Civ IV.
Old September 28, 2001, 00:45   #33
Deathwalker
Prince

Local Time: 13:50
I would like to be able to name my units, I think would add depth to the game. Though I think it would only really work on Naval units as they have names in real life?
Old September 28, 2001, 00:50   #34
Rakki
Warlord

Local Time: 23:50
huh ? You've never heard of the US 82nd All Americans, the US 10st Screaming Eagles, the British "Royal Green Jackets" light infantry, the British Coldstream Guards, the French Foreign Legion ? I mean, the first cavemen probably had a mob called "Ugg's Boyz" or something
Old September 28, 2001, 03:24   #35
izmircali
Chieftain

Local Time: 13:50
Naming does personalize the game and it helps with cordination. In the game 1602 (anyone else ever play it?) I prefered 80's Hair Metal Bands and I'd love that for armies (1st Iron Maiden bombards City X, or Motley Crue paradrops into X)

Unit upgrades would be great. I was oping the tech tree wold do that. intstead of Future Tech 1. You'd have future Inf Tech that would increase some ability like attack by +1. Almost like Age of Kings with attack and armor upgrades. THat way the tech could go on and on or you have various degress of quality.