Old October 7, 2001, 00:34   #61
Taso_84
Chieftain

Local Time: 14:05
Local Date: October 31, 2010
You've all been indicating so far that 2nd & 3rd world countries are the only ones that still used chemical warfare after WW1. Have u forgotten agent orange used by USA in vietnam?

How about the riadioctive tipped missiles using by NATO (primarily USA) against serbia. Although this technically dose not technically attribute chemical warfare, it is still a feature of waepons of mass destruction.

Actually, i take that back, radioactive weapons should be considered as chemical weapons because Plutonium(or whatever they use) is a chemical like chlorine. (see periodic table)

The only excuse Nato has for these weopons is that they can penetrate armour more effectively than regular warheads.
Old October 7, 2001, 01:14   #62
ProfessorPhobos
Chieftain

Local Time: 14:05
Perhaps Nemo will join forces with me in smashing this new uprising...

Or...

1. Agent Orange is chemical defoliant. Not a chemical weapon, unless you have declared war on plants. It's a military version of "Weed B Gone."

2. You are talking about Depleted Uranium rounds- which, I'd like to make sure everyone knows, are not used with missiles. They are used with tank shells and bullets. They are not radioactive or poisonous in any way. They are depleted uranium- they make for good bullets. Depleted uranium causing health problems other than that which results from getting shot are myths. Claiming that a depleted uranium bullet is a weapon of mass destruction is equivalent to saying that this half-eaten package of lightly salted rice cakes sitting near my computer is a weapon of mass destruction.

3. Everything is a chemical. Chemical weaponry is a specific category of weapons. A molotov cocktail is not considered a chemical weapon(does it's damage with heat), though Vodka is certainly made up of chemicals.
Old October 7, 2001, 01:32   #63
Nemo
Prince

Local Time: 08:05
Quote:
Originally posted by ProfessorPhobos
Perhaps Nemo will join forces with me in smashing this new uprising...

3. Everything is a chemical. Chemical weaponry is a specific category of weapons. A molotov cocktail is not considered a chemical weapon(does it's damage with heat), though Vodka is certainly made up of chemicals.
sure

i was thinking the same as your #3 upon reading Taso84's post, too.

i mean if you want to say "radioactive weapons should be considered as chemical weapons because Plutonium(or whatever they use) is a chemical like chlorine. (see periodic table) " then technically this is acurate. but are you then saying that nuclear weapons are not nuclear weapontry, but instead chemical weapons. wait, wait i got it...i stabed someone with my kitchen knife made with silver (it was the good utensile set...ok ), but since Silver is on the period table, then that means i killed them with a chemical weapon. and since everyone has kitchen knives with silver in them, then they can be considered chemical weapons of mass distruction since there are so many of them? come on my microwave has more radioactivity than some of the weaker types of plutonium (sorry i was playing with the guiger counter where i work...i couldn't help myself ).

IF the US ever used chemical warfare after signing the CWC then we would have started an international incident, and been kicked out of the conference. IF we did (which i am not saying we have not for sure, and i am not saying we have either), then it would have been highly convered up.

i was not 100% sure of the effects of agent orange specifically so i looked it up. and "Weed B Gone" is the best way to put it even webster says its: "an herbicide widely used as a defoliant in the Vietnam War ... "

Quote:
The only excuse Nato has for these weopons is that they can penetrate armour more effectively than regular warheads.
and the fact that the chemicals are beyond their half-life 100 times over and as harmless as a twinkie cant help either i am sure
Old October 7, 2001, 21:12   #64
Mars
Prince

Local Time: 09:05
Depleted Uranium Shells are diffentely not chem weapons. Altough they do make for good AP rounds. And if you think that they are harmful you are mistaken. As Nemo said your getting more radiation from standing in front of a microwave than from those shells.