Old October 10, 2001, 08:31   #31
Zopperoni
Age of Nations TeamApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Local Time: 16:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by devilmunchkin
didn't castelvania make their own cartoon at one point?
Maybe...I have no idea

Quote:
Why would one prefer the N64 if playstation has the upperhand.
Because I hate PSX' bloody loading time ...there is no loading screen with N64 games...

Quote:
Is it just me, or it ps2 not THAT much more advanced than PS! outside of the dvd player and minutely improved graphics.
...I think it's because not all new games for PS2 are taking full advantage of the ability of PS2...yet...

Quote:
See, i don't see how computer games are better than video games for the sole reason that i have a really hard time playing with a keyboard as opposed to a controler. can't say the graphics are better on either because both have pretty bad ones and good ones.
Yeah...with PC games much depends on your hardware as well...but I prefer playing on PC...(I also have a controller )
Old October 10, 2001, 10:37   #32
November Adam
Prince

Local Time: 07:15
Just wait till the Xbox comes out, I think that thing is going to kick butt. Should make PS2 eat its dust.
Old October 10, 2001, 23:40   #33
tniem
King

Local Time: 09:15
Quote:
Originally posted by November Adam
Just wait till the Xbox comes out, I think that thing is going to kick butt. Should make PS2 eat its dust.
I guess that makes sense since after all MS makes such good products and having all the games on XBox will basically be PC based games converted...
Old October 11, 2001, 03:27   #34
devilmunchkin
Warlord

Local Time: 14:15
OK. WHat is XBox because i'm drawing an absolute blank here (this is what i get for burying my head in the sand at college). I never minded the PS loading time. gave me time to get situation, make a potty/snack run or something.
yet? what else will they do on PS2?
If PC's are so good, why do people want to make a xbox to convert? for people like me??
"Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy
Old October 11, 2001, 04:34   #35
Zopperoni
Emperor

Quote:
OK. WHat is XBox because i'm drawing an absolute blank here

Quote:
If PC's are so good, why do people want to make a xbox to convert? for people like me??
Enlargen the target group...MS wants to compete in the games department as well...
Old October 11, 2001, 10:29   #36
November Adam
Prince

This will be the only console with a hard drive and broadband built in! This is great news because it means game developers can create their games knowing EVERYONE will be able to take advantage of this. Their market won't be limited to people who buy the upgrades.
Old October 11, 2001, 11:53   #37
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 22:15
Personally it's a dumb idea. Who in the right mind would use a console to access the Net? What use is a hard disk? God forbid the XBox users need to install the games first
Old October 11, 2001, 11:58   #38
November Adam
Prince

Silly Ranger, I hope you aren't being serious.

The hard drive is for info dumps to cut down on access time. Those really anoying load screens, won't need those. Plus the size of the worlds will be able to be increased.

Broadband means multi-player!! Halo with multi-player, sweet.

Plus having a console to surf the net isn't bad. Then you can sit on the couch and surf as opposed to 2' from a computer screen.
Old October 11, 2001, 15:34   #39
devilmunchkin
Warlord

so
with xbox i can poly from my couch?? lol. no really, so the purpose of the xbox is to make it possible to play multiplayer games with someone in a different location? who is putting the xbox out?
"Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy
Old October 11, 2001, 15:38   #40
November Adam
Prince

Microsoft... so you know they have the money to support this thing.
Old October 11, 2001, 20:34   #41
tniem
King

Local Time: 09:15
Quote:
Originally posted by November Adam
Microsoft... so you know they have the money to support this thing.
They are taking a few hundred dollar loss on every single unit sold. They better have a deep pocket to make it work.
Old October 11, 2001, 21:49   #42
Juggernaut
Prince

Got the real, hardware thing, yes. Besides the nostalgic fun is also the true aestethic experience of having this beauty in my living room as a constant eye-catcher. All electronics were so much more squarish and neat in the 80's...
Old October 11, 2001, 21:55   #43
Juggernaut
Prince

Quote:
Probotector
Maybe the best NES-game ever. Dual-playing and snatching all those eagle-looking bonuses before your friend did was state-of-the-art entertainment.
Old October 12, 2001, 03:35   #44
devilmunchkin
Warlord

describe
i do not even remeber this game, uncle-funk (whoops! almost spelled yer name wrong! ). i remember getting so mad at that dog in Duck-hunt when i couldn't shoot that ducks...so i'd shoot him. lol. Did anyone ever get a little ticked off that Dr. Mario was such a rip off of tetris? i remember my nana sitting in front of the nintendo for days on end playing it.
i think, with it's government supported monopoly (NOT that i'm complaining), microsoft can afford to take that hit.
Old October 12, 2001, 10:24   #45
Zopperoni
Emperor

'munchie...in the US...Probotector is known as Contra...maybe you have heard of it...
And my mom used to play Dr. Mario all the time...
Old October 14, 2001, 02:43   #46
devilmunchkin
Warlord

nope
i sounds vaguely familar, but not too much.
Wow....i really DO play girlie games. I think another game that had me hooked was Yoshi's Cookie. ever hear of that? Did anyone else ever think that Mario 2 was the best out of the mario 1., 2 , and 3?
Old October 14, 2001, 03:01   #47
November Adam
Prince

Mario 2 was neat, but I liked 3... the flying racoon tail!

It was so good they based their Super Nintendo Mario on it, as opposed to #2.
Old October 14, 2001, 10:03   #48
Zopperoni
Emperor

I have to agree with Adam there...3 was c00l......but they all three were good...

But I wasn't a huge Mario-fan...I preferred Zelda...
Old October 14, 2001, 19:12   #49
devilmunchkin
Warlord

zelda reminded me of mario, except you looked down on it. did mario three remind you of sega's sonic with tails???
Old October 14, 2001, 19:32   #50
Zopperoni
Emperor

I actually didn't play much on Segas...I never really liked Sega either...
Old October 17, 2001, 01:53   #51
devilmunchkin
Warlord

why?
what was so bad about sega? i actually thought the graphics were better than NES and the controlers were less boxy too. What else has sega put out as far as systems b/c i actually didn't pay much attention. THe only game i've ever played was sonic anyway, which i REALLY like.
Back to PS: Am i the only person who ADORES Spyro the dragon?
also, in the original Medieval, there is the asylum level...how the hell do you beat that!?

on original NES: does anyone know if they put out the game Quarth (tetris knockoff of sorts) on the big system or if it was only for gameboy? is it true that you can play old gameboy games in color gameboy systems? How does the gameboy compare so say, the handheld that sega has out? do you think sony will put one out (or have they already?)?
Old October 17, 2001, 08:28   #52
Zopperoni
Emperor

Re: why?
Quote:
what was so bad about sega? i actually thought the graphics were better than NES and the controlers were less boxy too.
Uhm...I don't like their games......besides...I got my SNES in 1992...and that thing rocked...more than the MegaDrive...

Quote:
What else has sega put out as far as systems b/c i actually didn't pay much attention.
I think that before the MegaDrive...they had something else...just don't remember the name...they also had a handheld...the Gamegear...and then they had DreamCast...maybe I skipped one step...but Sega was never very succesful...

Quote:
is it true that you can play old gameboy games in color gameboy systems?
I thought so...

Quote:
How does the gameboy compare so say, the handheld that sega has out?
The Gameboy (Color) isn't that spectacular anymore...the new Gameboy Advance seems to be c00l...but I never touched it...and I don't know if Sega had brought out a new handheld since the Gamegear...and Sony...well...the redesigned PSone is about the size of a book...and you can buy a 5" screen to attach to it...but I don't know about batteries and that stuff...
Old October 17, 2001, 09:06   #53
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 00:15
Local Date: November 1, 2010
i loved the original NES... Duck hunt was cool, nad yes the dog did get annoying and yes i too shot the dog occasionally

Mario is still my fav of all games whether its one two or three... very clever very addictive... (pity it not on PS)

I eventually upgraded to SNES but found i didnt like the new games a smuch as the older ones, except for the Zelda series of games...

Unforutnaly i got the cheaps later in life and i bought PS because eit was so easy to burn a CD copy of a game rather than having to buy a cartridge....
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old October 20, 2001, 16:30   #54
devilmunchkin
Warlord

what the dream cast all about? i heard you can go online with it?? doesn't that make the xbox an unoriginal idea? and how is it better than the dreamcast?
Yeah, i remember game gear because they were the first to come out with color...at least they did BEFORE nes.
WHat the new gameboy advance??
and for the color gameboy: don't you HATE those worm lights that always seem to short out or something in an important part of your game?? also, the only POkemon game i like is the pin ball (yes, if you can't tell, i'm a massive fan of pin ball. long live the 80s) game that vibrates. that's just..weird and cool!