Old October 6, 2001, 22:12   #1
rickja
Settler

Local Time: 02:17
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Please help me!
Hi I'm new this site and also new to Alpha Centauri. could some one please post some hints/strategies please.

please anything will be a great help
Old October 6, 2001, 22:33   #2
Avenoct
Prince

Local Time: 09:17
Local Date: October 31, 2010
1. Give Blake a call, he's a Kiwi too. Nevermind he's an excellent player. By the way, I'll give you any answer you want for a NZ passport.

2. Read every post by a person named Velociryx.

3. Rembember that you can list posts from "last 10 days", or "last year" or anything. If you list from the last year or so you'll get everything you could imagine.

4. Use the search item frequently...say you want to know if Smac runs on a Pentium 4...just search for Pentium 4.

5. Find Vel's Guide on Googlie's website and read it. Be warned it's so complete I think of it as a spoiler for strategy.

-Smack

Last edited by Avenoct; October 7, 2001 at 19:20.
Old October 7, 2001, 00:20   #3
bondetamp
Prince

Local Time: 16:17
Welcome.

You'll generally have more luck if you ask specific questions, like how to use formers, how to use Market Economy, how to use the work shop, etc. It makes it a bit less daunting for us to answer.
The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
-H. L. Mencken
Old October 7, 2001, 03:10   #4
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 07:17
Smack:

I took the v 3.0 Guide off the Spartan Chronicles website after Vel published. There is only a link to the publisher's order form now.

However, Vel does have it (in piecemeal posts) on his own web site:

http://www.angelfire.com/sc2/hartpence/index.html

then Discussion Forums, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, Strategies and Tactics and finally The Smax Guide (version 3.0)

(I'd post the complerte link, but it's an URL for the pop-up ads that's there. The full string is:

The Renaissance Portal's Community System Message Forums > Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri > Strategy and Tactics > The SMAX Guide (version 3.0)

But I don't think that's an URL)

G.
Old October 7, 2001, 11:04   #5
Avenoct
Prince

Local Time: 09:17
Quote:
I took the v 3.0 Guide off the Spartan Chronicles website after Vel published. There is only a link to the publisher's order form now.
I knew that...and that was a good idea Googlie. Vel deserves cash for his work. I hope the CIV III guide becomes the standard.

-Smack