Old October 9, 2001, 17:03   #31
Akron
Prince

Local Time: 09:18
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Well if you're the best, they always hate you, especially on higher levels, so all the nukes will be pointing in your direction.

But I gave up control of a civ, took the barbarian map, and simmed out about fifty turns through the discovery of nuclear arms and sure enough the computer civs were nuking the hell out of each other every turn.
Old October 9, 2001, 19:33   #32
Col Bigspear
Warlord

Local Time: 14:18
Location: Manchester, England. Im 1/2 Polish and proud of it!
I hope there is an arms limitation, in Civ 1 i usually end up with about 10 tanks then 3 or 4 Aircraft carriers filled with Nukes and any surplus Nukes in the cities (around 20!). I've only ever seen the Comp with about 3 Nukes.
Old October 9, 2001, 19:53   #33
dennis580
Warlord

Local Time: 08:18
If would suck it the computer was stupid enough to sell you are thier nuclear weapons. I just hope that the computer puts a high priority on defense and doesn't trade most of it's weapons or units away too you.
Old October 9, 2001, 20:03   #34
Rommel393
Warlord

Local Time: 08:18
Actually mass murder is included in the game. You can choose to destroy or keep a city when you capture it and you can destroy it anytime by giving a military unit in the city the order. This was comfirmed by Dan in a thread.

P.S.: you could destroy a city anytime you wanted to in SMAC
Old October 9, 2001, 20:32   #35
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 07:18
Quote:
Originally posted by Boris Godunov

As for destroying the cities, I would probably just infer in my own happy little world that the citizens were dispersed around the Empire rather than being outright killed. Hey, it's possible!
Above is from an earlier post of mine. It's my own little rationalization for destroying the cities not being a massacre. Hey, if it makes me sleep better at night...
Old October 10, 2001, 14:25   #36
Oligarf
Warlord

Local Time: 15:18
Quote:
Originally posted by Boris Godunov

I remember playing as the Americans in Civ I on the toughest level, and the Russians were my biggest opponent. After we both had nukes, we nuked the hell out of each other. Old Joe started it (I've never used nukes first), and I remember wishing then there were no nukes in the game. Russia always seemed to use them.

However, I don't recall instances in Civ II of a computer civ nuking another computer civ. They always just seemed to nuke me!

I agree to a certain extent with you. Let's say they don't want to exterminate their fellow computer players, but just want to say to each other, calm down. I don't have too much trouble with other nations nuking me, I always try to have The Laser before they built those rotten things. Forcing them to quit building those things still appeals to me.
Old October 10, 2001, 14:33   #37
Crouchback
Warlord

Local Time: 09:18
Quote:
Originally posted by dennis580
If would suck it the computer was stupid enough to sell you are thier nuclear weapons. I just hope that the computer puts a high priority on defense and doesn't trade most of it's weapons or units away too you.
But that is almost exactly the relationship between the Russians and the USA, America id buying the missiles that used to point at their cities.

David