Old October 7, 2001, 22:09   #1
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 07:19
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Cure found for the Interceptor scramble bug
Was playing today and twice I got the terran.exe crash when my interceptor scrambled to take out an intruding penetrator.

Both times Norton Crashguard intervened in the crash, gave me the "antifreeze" option, which I hit, then the game resumed with the interception taking place as if nothing had happened.

(Must admit, too, that I've never had the interceptor scramble crash before - read about it but never experienced it - until I loaded the no-cd crack)

G.
Old October 8, 2001, 08:32   #2
fluffy
Warlord

Local Time: 14:19
Yes, I agree - this is what cures the bug (plus some other unrelated crashes I have noticed which seem to occur when enemy mindworms encounter one of yours).

I would count it as essential for any SMAC player, and I've used it ever since the game came out, but strangely, whenever I've suggested it on this forum, people have either ignored it or discounted as being useful....

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...ght=crashguard

Unfortunately, Crashguard seems to have been discontinued - Systemworks 2001 does not include it (the 2000 version can still be used though).
Old October 8, 2001, 18:24   #3
Fitz
King

Local Time: 06:19
Goog:

1) AFAIK, disabling your wheelmouse and Anti-Virus software before you start playing is a cure.

2) I'm pretty sure that the no-cd crack .exe file is for SMACX 1.0, and if you load/copy it over your SMACX 2.0 .exe, you lose a lot of things the patch fixed. I used the crack for a while for simplicities sake, but stopped once I realized some of the patched dodads had dissapeared again.
Old October 10, 2001, 00:18   #4
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 07:19
Fitz:

have just read again the readme.txt list of changes for version 2.0 and i confirm that they are all active with my no-cd crack (well, I haven't used the faction editor, so can't confirm if they are there, but all the others are)

G.