Old December 5, 1999, 17:40   #1
DarthVeda
Emperor

Local Time: 20:02
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Looking for Advice/Artists/Etc for my next scenario "Rising Sun"
Thanks to ToT, my latest scenario work had to be put on hiatus.

Which leaves me to my next project, another World War II scenario!

One note of warning first though, it will be for Civilization II: Test of Time

I will be calling it "Rising Sun". If the name doesn't give clues, here you go:

It will depict the course of the Japanese Empire from July 1937 to sometime around 1945 or later. It will only be playable from the Japanese side. I do not intend to make it easy for the player to win. I will tell you now that once 1944 roles around, it will become nearly impossible to achieve victory. I already have 6 pages of notes filled with original ideas, but I am some sort of maniac and need more.

Here's a sample of what I've developed so far:
  • An AI that will employ over 6 different possible strategies according to situation (2 historic, and 4 developed by humans) and will adapt to the changing atmosphere of war
  • Events structure similar to Red Front
  • Necessity of capturing heavy resource areas and sending the raw materials home for use.
  • Severe economic and industrial penalities when the U.S. cuts of trade in late 1941.
  • Alternate history possible--If axis alliance had never been ratified
  • Conscription drives available through research efforts.
  • Ships available for production from certain naval cities only.
  • An unrelenting American AI that will only get more difficult the longer the war proceeds.
  • Many internal wonders available for construction, such as tonarigumi or kenpeitai.
  • A vicious air campaign against the home isles if the player should allow airbases to be established within range of the isles.
  • I have more, but I don't want to give them away.

Please post as many suggestions as possible to this post!

In addition, I need some artists. So far, I have drawn many units myself, but I realize they are somewhat lacking. I cannot stress how much I need artists to turn this into a first class scenario. I will be writing a few e-mail appeals to people I consider some of the best (if not THE best).

Production will begin in earnest around December 17th (When I get off from school), and should finish sometime in early 2000.