Old October 11, 2001, 13:16   #1
Rince
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:31
Local Date: October 31, 2010
European Release Date
Hi everybody

I emailed my favourite game shop in Switzerland today and asked for info about the civ 3 release.
They said that the they have 'Beginning of November' as a release date for the german version. I know that's not reliable but anyway, there's hope.

To the swiss people out there: The team also told me that they will possibly import the US version and that it normally takes about a week for a US title to hit the shelf in their shop. So that might be even more convenient than ordering in the US.

btw: The shop is www.pc-joy.ch

Greetings,

Rince
Old October 11, 2001, 13:30   #2
GodSpawn
Prince

Local Time: 14:31
Since the UK edition is the same as the US one, and is out at the same time, it would probably be just as well to order it from a UK supplier.
Old October 11, 2001, 15:14   #3
Rince
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by GodSpawn
Since the UK edition is the same as the US one, and is out at the same time, it would probably be just as well to order it from a UK supplier.
...which i just did. Thanks.
Old October 11, 2001, 15:26   #4
Mookie
Settler

I'm very doubtful if the UK version will be released at the same time as the US version. I know that they said that in the press release, but I think it's strange that all the UK web shops still has an expected late november date. Today I get an email answer from a Swedish web shop about when they will get their copies and they said 16th novmeber... I still don't know if I should by the game in Sweden or order it from US or UK
Old October 11, 2001, 15:28   #5
Footie Mad
Prince

12th of November says the guy down at my local shop.
It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars
Old October 11, 2001, 15:38   #6
Darkknight
NationStates
Prince

Whew scary moment there. It came up with a screen asking for my password to apolyton!!! I'm a cookie kinda guy I'm just glad I saved it in as txt file
Old October 11, 2001, 17:38   #7
GodSpawn
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Mookie
I'm very doubtful if the UK version will be released at the same time as the US version. I know that they said that in the press release, but I think it's strange that all the UK web shops still has an expected late november date. Today I get an email answer from a Swedish web shop about when they will get their copies and they said 16th novmeber... I still don't know if I should by the game in Sweden or order it from US or UK
Yes, it is a bit worrying. Maybe it'll be an extra two weeks from the look of it
Old October 11, 2001, 20:06   #8
Juggernaut
Prince

Local Time: 16:31
Quote:
Originally posted by Mookie
Pre-order it from UK just in case. If the Swedish local stores receive it faster, just send the ordered one back. It might be worth to spend some extra money just to get the copy ASAP.
Old October 12, 2001, 13:45   #9
GodSpawn
Prince

This appeared in the civ3.com FAQ today, so I'm hopeful again...

"When is Civ III scheduled for release?
We expect the game to hit store shelves in North America and the UK on or about October 30th, 2001. Localized versions for other countries are in the pipeline, but we have no official dates to report yet. As soon as release dates for other countries are announced, they will be posted here."