Old October 13, 2001, 19:00   #1
Bill3000
King

Local Time: 10:39
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Rate of Fire
In the Civilopedia picture of the Stealth Bomber ( http://www.multiplayer.it/show.php3?...00/s_img15.jpg ) there is something called "Rate of Fire". Is this the replacement of Firepower? We do know that HP is gone, so is this firepower?
"Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
"Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis
Old October 13, 2001, 19:04   #2
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Hmm, don't know. But what I have heard is that aircraft don't function like they have in the past- they exert an 'operational range' around them instead of acting like fast moving ground units. ROF may be related to this.
Old October 13, 2001, 19:05   #3
Crouchback
Warlord

Local Time: 09:39
Don't know about stealth bombers, but battleships can bombard once for every movement point they have (4x). Could be the same thing.

David
Old October 13, 2001, 19:06   #4
Blake
lifer
PolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG Gathering StormCivilization IV CreatorsApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of Fame
Beyond the Sword AI Programmer

Local Time: 03:39
Local Date: November 1, 2010
It could be the number of times it is allowed to bombard per turn...
Old October 13, 2001, 19:08   #5
Fiil
Warlord

Local Time: 15:39
Re: Rate of Fire
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill3000
We do know that HP is gone...
Hit Points aren't gone!
Old October 13, 2001, 19:11   #6
dainbramaged13
Trade Wars / BlackNova Traders
King

RIght, or else how could armies pool them?
Old October 13, 2001, 19:12   #7
Bill3000
King

Re: Re: Rate of Fire
Quote:
Originally posted by Fiil

Hit Points aren't gone!
I meant HP as the amount - it matters on if they are green, Veteran, Elite, etc.

In Civ2, Warriors would have 10 HP, Armor 30 HP, etc.
"Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis
Old October 13, 2001, 19:29   #8
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Hey Bill, a brilliant discovery, not only have you discovered an interesting concept relating to battle but you have also being able to confirm a new resource in the game; alumin(i)um...

Nice one, are there any more screenshots at this site, I would like to investigate!!!

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith
Old October 13, 2001, 19:46   #9
TechWins
King

Local Time: 07:39
Quote:
Hey Bill, a brilliant discovery, not only have you discovered an interesting concept relating to battle
Sorry, PH, but you are incorrect on this one. Well, I can't seem to find the thread in which this discovery was made but I do know that the thread was started around August. Lockstep is the one who made the discover first. I just thought that credit should be given to the correct person. You know I'm not lying because what would be the benefit of that?
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old October 13, 2001, 20:09   #10
lockstep
Apolyton University
King

Quote:
Originally posted by TechWins
Well, I can't seem to find the thread in which this discovery was made but I do know that the thread was started around August. Lockstep is the one who made the discover first. I just thought that credit should be given to the correct person.
I guess you are referring to this thread: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=23695. BTW, thanks for the compliment TechWins, but it was mostly speculation back in early august that hitpoints had changed and firepoints were gone. The matter became more obvious when civ3.com went online, and the first unique units stats showed only attack, defense and movement points.
"As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW
Old October 13, 2001, 21:05   #11
TechWins
King

Quote:
. BTW, thanks for the compliment TechWins
You are most welcome. The only reason why I remember that discussion is because I was the one discussing it with you. Good job on being the FIRST one to figure it out.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old October 14, 2001, 03:21   #12
Jaybe
Mac
Emperor

Re: Re: Re: Rate of Fire
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill3000
I meant HP as the amount - it matters on if they are green, Veteran, Elite, etc.

In Civ2, Warriors would have 10 HP, Armor 30 HP, etc.
Dan mentions in a thread at Civfanatics* that an advantage of Elite units is that they have more Hit Points:
  • Green: 3 HP
  • Veteran: 4 HP
  • Elite: 5 HP
And that Elite units spawn Great Leaders.
(Of course, these might be multiplied by 10 as computed in combat).

*Civfanatics: Civ3 General Discussions - Civ of the Week: Russians
I play BtS (3.19) -- Noble or Prince, Rome, marathon speed, huge hemispheres (2 of them), aggressive AI, no tech brokering. I enjoy the Hephmod Beyond mod. For all non-civ computer uses, including internet, I use a Mac.
Old October 14, 2001, 07:54   #13
LoD
Prince

So does this mean they have more hitpoints added to their basic number derived from the unit type?
Old October 14, 2001, 08:09   #14
lockstep
Apolyton University
King

Quote:
Originally posted by LoD
So does this mean they have more hitpoints added to their basic number derived from the unit type?
No, it means that their basic number is the same (3), and the units differ 'only' in attack, defense and movement.
"As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW
Old October 14, 2001, 08:21   #15
LoD
Prince

So am I wrong or the only difference between a Green Tank and a Green Warrior will be their ADM ratings?
Old October 14, 2001, 08:24   #16
lockstep
Apolyton University
King

I´d say so. But it will be a BIG difference, bigger than in Civ2.
Old October 14, 2001, 08:31   #17
Faboba
King

Local Time: 14:39
Location: Scotland. I can't be more specific else they'll find me.
Regarding hitpoints being the same - Hmmmm that does sound rather insane but I'm sure it'll work out AND remove any of the Phalanx - Tank problem a certian other game had.......

Regarding attached picture - I hate to say it but the description is pish. It sounds like it's been written in portugese then translated using altavista.

Also the tech name 'stealth' is obscured by the aluminium. These are of course minor things but it all adds up.............
Old October 14, 2001, 12:47   #18
Bill3000
King

Allright, that covers up HP. *sigh*

Now, what about Rate of Fire? Dan?