Old January 15, 2000, 00:25   #1
Jim W
Warlord

Local Time: 00:03
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Victory Conditions

Is it possible to make a scenario where the victory conditions are something other than "destroy every last vestige of any other Civilizations?"

I mean, warfare and conquest are all right, in their place. I even find, myself, that no matter how peaceful I try to be, I still have to have an army, if only to shove those other guys off my nicely irrigated fields.

But should it not be feasible to have a victory short of total world domination? Should it not be even interesting to have a game based mainly on trade-domination?

Jim W
Old January 15, 2000, 04:15   #2
Fast_Eddie

Well, even in trade scenarios, you would need an army to protect your interests! Attack trade routes!

I guess that a scen can't only have trade units.

Old January 16, 2000, 21:19   #3
Jim W
Warlord

Local Time: 00:03

Please! I'm not denying you need armies, but how about something where your get extra points for every trade route established? Or maybe for every three trade routes, plus a bonus of one military unit for every so many trade routes, which would mean the more trading you did, the bigger your army, and the less likely you were to be wiped out.

Jim W
Old January 17, 2000, 05:07   #4
Fast_Eddie

Well, you could make it so that there would be no other way to make money other than trade routes.

Say that all the units cost huge amounts of shields, and the cities don't produce enough to actually build any on their own. Then only by trading you could build up the units for your army.

Another might be only for TOT. Build up your cash from the trade routes to buy wonders that give you better units.

This is just off the top of my head...so these may not be the best solutions.

Old January 18, 2000, 01:06   #5
Hendrik the Great
Prince

Local Time: 01:03
How about trying to keep all the objectives you have? Your only goal would be to make sure that at the end of the game you did not lose a single objective.
I believe Al-Andalus has this feature for the Muslims.

To make it a challenge do not give the player any good attack units or none at all.