Old October 16, 2001, 02:16   #31
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 10:43
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by yin26
There are certainly some promising signs... Thanks for the screensaver! (...it crashes every time it closes, though ).
ROFL! I certainly hope the screensaver crashing isn't a sign of things to come!
Old October 16, 2001, 02:51   #32
Mister Pleasant

Quote:
Imran I'm going to fall for every cheap, scam Firaxis comes up with. I'm very happy to hear that I will have to pay extra money for MP, so that cute guy down there at Firaxis...what's his name...ah yes Sid...as I was saying...so Sid can buy himself a new sports car of some sort. That Sid guy sure is a character with all his tricks he has up his sleeves. Why don't all game companies charge extra for MP?

Sid wouldn't piss in our mouths if our stomachs were on fire!

Old October 16, 2001, 03:02   #33
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Quote:
ROFL! I certainly hope the screensaver crashing isn't a sign of things to come!
LOL! Glad *I* didn't say it first!

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.
Old October 16, 2001, 03:34   #34
Falconius
Prince

Local Time: 09:43
Thanks Firaxis for letting me waste the next 3 to 5 years of my life.

That almost sounds like a prison term, except it's fun!
Old October 16, 2001, 06:33   #35
jdd2007
NationStates
King

to all pessimists, no names mentioned- please stay out of the thread, unless you make like yin26 and make semi-optimistic comments. i say, to yin for carefully treading the line between optimism and pessism...
Old October 16, 2001, 06:48   #36
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Thanks. I figure since it will be a while before I play the game, I'm done stressing myself out. LOL!

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.
Old October 16, 2001, 08:23   #37
SITS
King

Local Time: 14:43
Quote:
Originally posted by jdd2007
to all pessimists, no names mentioned- please stay out of the thread, unless you make like yin26 and make semi-optimistic comments. i say, to yin for carefully treading the line between optimism and pessism...
Thank you for fascism and the repression of free speech!

Thank you Firaxis for saying you will do one thing and then not really saying all that loudly and early enough that you are no longer going to do it!
'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna
Old October 16, 2001, 08:38   #38
LaRusso
King

Local Time: 16:43
Quote:
Originally posted by SITS
Thank you Firaxis for letting these people spam like hell.
firaxis or markG?
Old October 16, 2001, 10:35   #39
Faboba
King

Location: Scotland. I can't be more specific else they'll find me.
Thought of another

for calling the civ The English rather than the british, as some very, very, very wrong people from San Diego are calling for.

*shudders*
Old October 16, 2001, 11:22   #40
Faboba
King

And having just seen the editor I wish to at this time announce that I plan to name my first child Sid Meier

Sid Meier Crowe........ has a nice ring to it.

Firaxis for the editor. They have made everything able to be edited and given us a nice simple way to do it.
Old October 16, 2001, 15:11   #41
cyril25376
Warlord

Thank you for not delaying the release of the game and for finishing first civ3
Old October 16, 2001, 16:00   #42
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Quote:
Thank you for fascism and the repression of free speech!
!!!!!! HOW DARE YOU!!!!!! HERE IS WHAT I WROTE-

Quote:
WHAT I MEANT WAS THAT THIS IS AN OPTIMISTS THREAD!!!! YOU CAN DO WHATEVER U LIKE ON THIS FORUM, BUT THIS THREADIS RESERVED FOR PEOPLE TO GIVE THUMBS UP TO FIRAXIS!!!!!!!!(AND FOR ME TO RANT TO YOU ON HOW WRONG U R

Old October 16, 2001, 16:09   #43
isaac brock
Warlord

Thank you Mark G for banning me without warning. You are the most considerate administrator I know.
Old October 16, 2001, 16:39   #44
Ozymandous
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by isaac brock
Thank you Mark G for banning me without warning. You are the most considerate administrator I know.
Last I heard you already had a lot of warnings.

Oh, the only thing I can guarentee to thank Firaxis for is that Civ3 doesn't seem to be Civ2 with better graphics!

As for everything else, well it sounds interesting but will have to wait to see...
Old October 16, 2001, 16:46   #45
VetLegion
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGames
Emperor

Hmm, this thread was not closed by the anonymous prophet who spoke only of "peace to nations... peace to civers". stange. maybe he left it as an example? or a statement? I wonder what it means
Old October 16, 2001, 17:08   #46
Faboba
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Faboba
Thought of another

for calling the civ The English rather than the british, as some very, very, very wrong people from San Diego are calling for.

*shudders*
I'm afraid.............

I'm worried my praise in this instance may have been misplaced.

When I was looking over my collection of screenshots ( the one attached below in particular ) I noticed to my horror that the corresponding entry for Elizabeth's Civ is 'British'

PLEASE tell me this is an early screenshot and things have changed......

( Also people keep on going on about 16 civs, but there are only 7 slots there, not 15. )
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	attach.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	4320  
Old October 16, 2001, 17:16   #47
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 15:43
I share your concern about this Faboba. If it is going to be the English, it should be implemented as such. If it is the British, fair enough, providing they are accurate, eg, cities such as Glasgow and Edinburgh are included and so a Scottish or Welsh great leaders (Great Welsh leaders, who am I trying to kid? )

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith
Old October 16, 2001, 18:43   #48
Darkknight
NationStates
Prince

for giving us peacelovers a chance!

Well peaceloving until I'm the most advanced nation on the planet

For Oct 30!!
For Sid and jeff and DAAAANNN!!
Old October 16, 2001, 18:50   #49
Sandman
King

Local Time: 15:43
I love what has been done with rivers.
Old October 16, 2001, 18:57   #50
SITS
King

Quote:
Originally posted by jdd2007

!!!!!! HOW DARE YOU!!!!!! HERE IS WHAT I WROTE-

WHAT I MEANT WAS THAT THIS IS AN OPTIMISTS THREAD!!!! YOU CAN DO WHATEVER U LIKE ON THIS FORUM, BUT THIS THREADIS RESERVED FOR PEOPLE TO GIVE THUMBS UP TO FIRAXIS!!!!!!!!(AND FOR ME TO RANT TO YOU ON HOW WRONG U R

Your shouting makes you look so rational.

It is against the rules of the board to exclude people from threads or to reserve it to people that agree with you. If I want to be pessimistic then I will be. There is enough smug SPers going round and posting their 'comments' in threads that deal with MP etc.

It is amazing - I don't feel wrong.

To Firaxis for producing a game that looks and sounds good (at the moment)

To Firaxis for not being honest, open and clear about MP.

To fascists and Oppressors!
'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna
Old October 16, 2001, 18:59   #51
SITS
King

Quote:
I thought Mark's actions were entirely appropriate.

Old October 16, 2001, 19:08   #52
TechWins
King

Local Time: 07:43
Quote:
I thought Mark's actions were entirely appropriate.
I didn't even notice the banning of Isaac, but from reading many of his posts I'm sure it justice was done correctly.

SITS you are completely on target concerning the topic in which you are discussing with jdd2007.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old October 16, 2001, 19:23   #53
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Look- they called the U.S. 'Americans', even though the United States of America is a nation IN the Americas (and so is the Iroquois in a sense). So, they are calling the 'English'- Britains. Is this not true? Aren't the English also Britains? So what? Get over it please. Either way- Americans vs U.S.A.; English vs Britains; why does it matter?
Old October 16, 2001, 19:34   #54
TechWins
King

Local Time: 07:43
Anunikoba, I think you posted in the wrong thread.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old October 16, 2001, 22:11   #55
The Templar
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Anunikoba
Look- they called the U.S. 'Americans', even though the United States of America is a nation IN the Americas (and so is the Iroquois in a sense). So, they are calling the 'English'- Britains. Is this not true? Aren't the English also Britains? So what? Get over it please. Either way- Americans vs U.S.A.; English vs Britains; why does it matter?
I think 'United States' lacks an appropriate adjective in English. (Funny that, my South American friends use the word 'Estados Unidens' or something of the sort as an adjectival form.)
Odd
Old October 16, 2001, 22:35   #56
Lorizael
lifer
NationStates
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by The Templar

I think 'United States' lacks an appropriate adjective in English. (Funny that, my South American friends use the word 'Estados Unidens' or something of the sort as an adjectival form.)
Odd
In spanish it is Los Estados Unidos, meaning the United States.

To be PC my AP World History teacher says that people from the US should be called United Statsians
Old October 16, 2001, 22:42   #57
splangy
Prince

To fraxis for the Editor

to unbased pessimism, and to those of us who give the optimists a bad name

Just becouse I wanted to
Old October 16, 2001, 22:52   #58
The Templar
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Lorizael

In spanish it is Los Estados Unidos, meaning the United States.

To be PC my AP World History teacher says that people from the US should be called United Statsians
Yeah, I know that. I have some Peruvian friends who use an adjectival form of Estados Unidos that I'd never heard before.
Old October 17, 2001, 22:14   #59
isaac brock
Warlord

I did NOT have even one warning before I was banned, but I'm glad that everyone who has had a difference of opinion with me in the past has been rallying behind mark g, the George W of the forums.

What happened is that i called Dan Magaha a name, and mark g said "Thats enough of that language, you're banned." I admit I had been using some colourful language in the forums, but had I been warned even ONCE, I would have not only been able to stop, but edit my offending post as well.

Oh, and SITS, I'm sorry I didn't agree with your every word of some posts you made. I guess anyone without your opinions should be banned. Have a good time, you and yin26.
Old October 17, 2001, 22:25   #60
SITS
King

Quote:
I did NOT have even one warning before I was banned, but I'm glad that everyone who has had a difference of opinion with me in the past has been rallying behind mark g, the George W of the forums.

What happened is that i called Dan Magaha a name, and mark g said "Thats enough of that language, you're banned." I admit I had been using some colourful language in the forums, but had I been warned even ONCE, I would have not only been able to stop, but edit my offending post as well.

Oh, and SITS, I'm sorry I didn't agree with your every word of some posts you made. I guess anyone without your opinions should be banned. Have a good time, you and yin26.
It is not your opinions that I have a problem with, it is the way you express them. Calling Dan a lazy pr!ck for not updating the previews on the site was uncalled for. If you had instead said 'I'm disappointed the Dan hasn't updated the site with new previews' then you wouldn't have got banned. Same opinion, different way of expressing it. I don't believe what you said warranted a warning, it deserved a ban.

I hate doing this as I feel it is below the belt, but I had a guess at your age before I saw it on your profile and I was right. The way you write comes across as being immature. You might be happy with that but others aren't. So, maybe learn from this if you can. People might listen to your opinions more.