Old October 16, 2001, 00:34   #1
donarumo
Warlord

Local Time: 14:44
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Sid Meier Gems in PC GAMER
A gaggle of apparent answers to unseen questions appears in the very back (okay not the back cover) of this (next?) month's issue of PC GAMER. Nothing great but if you get the mag, look forward to it and if you do not get the mag, flip to the back page in the store.

Also, they mention an exclusive review of a "hit" game next issue. Don't know if this is CivIII or not but what else is a sure fire Christmas hit?

-- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)
Old October 16, 2001, 00:42   #2
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 10:44
Re: Sid Meier Gems in PC GAMER
Quote:
Originally posted by donarumo
...but what else is a sure fire Christmas hit?
Duh! The Weakest Link (PC)!

But thanx for the heads up- will be looking for the mag.
Old October 16, 2001, 00:47   #3
Swissy
Civilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMRise of Nations MultiplayerIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerBtS Tri-League

Local Time: 09:44
Re: Sid Meier Gems in PC GAMER
Quote:
Originally posted by donarumo
Also, they mention an exclusive review of a "hit" game next issue. Don't know if this is CivIII or not but what else is a sure fire Christmas hit?
The next expansion pak for The Sims is due out mid Nov. A game with THREE expansion paks all best sellers, in less than two years. EA sure has found a gold mine in the Sims franchise.
Old October 16, 2001, 01:02   #4
connorkimbro
Emperor

Local Time: 08:44
I admit, i'm a sims addict. I havn't played in a little while, but i love the game, and i go back to it every once in a while, and each time i become obsessed with the game for a few weeks. i've gone through 4 or 5 cycles of the sims now. the next expansion pack will be yet another reason, though i'm sure not as much, i expect to be obsessed with civ3 for a long time

-theonion.com
Old October 16, 2001, 01:08   #5
Faboba
King

Local Time: 14:44
Location: Scotland. I can't be more specific else they'll find me.
Don't know how far we are from the release of the next UK issue..... I could ask Kieron..... ( yeah! I know the assistant editor socially and you don't nyaa ) ... but given it did the preview last issue ( quite a good one too ) and they will undoubtedly have their advance copies already, it's likely they'll have a review of't.
Old October 16, 2001, 03:35   #6
fanatic civver
Chieftain

Local Time: 00:14
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I dont know why the sims has been so popular. I played it for about 5 hours and after that I had had enough

I think its one of those games that you either love dearly or you really hate.