Old October 18, 2001, 01:21   #1
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 10:50
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Colonies and 'normal' resources
I admit I still haven't done all of my homework on the new resource system.

But what I am wondering is wether colonies also extract some or all of the regular (wheat stacks, gold, shields) of the squares they are placed on.

Also, when a colony is 'absorbed' by a nearby advancing city's borders, does the population point of the colony go back into the city? (probably not, but...)
Old October 18, 2001, 07:34   #2
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 01:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Colonies are useful to extract resources you use to build units with, and luxuries to help make your people happy. 'Bonus' resources like the resources in Civ 2 cant be extracted by colonies, they have to be worked by people in a city.

When the border expands and absorbs the colony, the pop point disappears. That way getting access to the resource 'early' has a price.
Old October 18, 2001, 09:40   #3
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 15:50
Re: Colonies and 'normal' resources
Quote:
Originally posted by Anunikoba
But what I am wondering is wether colonies also extract some or all of the regular (wheat stacks, gold, shields) of the squares they are placed on.
Not unless they changed at the last minute.
Old October 18, 2001, 15:10   #4
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

Local Time: 16:50
Most likely not, as it require you to work on the squares to get that sort of bonus, and all other resources also seem to have bonuses for working as well.