Old October 22, 2001, 20:17   #31
jsw363
Prince

Local Time: 06:57
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
With some governments, you can rush-buy. Im guessing that these would be Republic and Democracy. So for these governments, the cash has a use. For the other governments, they (probably) cant rush-buy, but thats not so bad either as they arent really good at raising a large amount of cash.
I thought that the rush buy option now invovled this "backbreaking" labor that Dan was speaking about before. I didn't realize that you could still rush-buy things in exchange for gold...
Old October 22, 2001, 20:41   #32
albiedamned
Rise of Nations Multiplayer
Prince

Local Time: 09:57
I believe both options exist now. You can do the traditional rush build using gold (if your government type allows), and you can do the forced labor rush build and pay a price in discontent. I don't know if there are government type restrictions on the forced labor method.
Old October 22, 2001, 21:02   #33
Lorizael
lifer
NationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 10:57
I won't bother listing the things eveyrone else said.

So here is the real value of money.

Before you have any money, the only way to attain a resources through trading is by giving up something very valuable to yourself.

But once you have money you can simply give a few gundred gold and get whatever you want from the AI.

That way you keep what's valuable and get something valuable.
Old October 22, 2001, 21:05   #34
Blake
lifer
PolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG Gathering StormCivilization IV CreatorsApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of Fame
Beyond the Sword AI Programmer

Local Time: 03:57
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I assume that when you rushbuy you pay workers extra to moonlight at the job (IOW, overtime). This would probably at most double the production rate (you cant work any more than all day and all night).

I assume both rushbuying and forced labor doubles the production rate, one at the expense of gold (and slight unhappiness), the other at the expense of population and much unhappiness.

When they say you cant rushbuy wonders, I'm thinking this means you cant "plonk" wonders down in one turn any more, but increasing production by forced labor or cash still works (but it's still not instant). Speculation or confirmation, anyone?
Old October 22, 2001, 21:12   #35
Lorizael
lifer
NationStates
Emperor

Another thing, if you take over a city that is receving a resource via a harbor, do you gain access to that resource? That would be really cool.
Old October 22, 2001, 21:19   #36
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

I would think that you probably would not gain access. But you would if one of your other cities had a harbor and was able to 'ship out' resources to the newly captured city; but not from an enemy city.

I mean, why would the enemy continue to ship resources to their lost city?
Old October 22, 2001, 21:28   #37
Lorizael
lifer
NationStates
Emperor

You are receiving it from another civilization, it's being imported to you by someone else. The person I stole the city from didn't go all the way out, get stuff, and come back. They just drop things off. I don't think the people who were giving resources would continue to give... but... arg no stockpiling in Civ...

We'll see
Old October 22, 2001, 22:19   #38
Mars
Prince

Local Time: 09:57
Where did it say no stockpiling?