Old October 23, 2001, 23:45   #1
tleilaxu
Chieftain

Local Time: 23:05
Local Date: October 31, 2010
3 kingdoms scenario
I am interested in making a scenario out of China's Three Kingdoms period. I can come up with all the historical information to make units, etc. but i need someone willing to:

1. make an accurate map of eastern China (as per "Romance of the Three Kingdoms")

2. do graphics and stuff

I'm also interested in taking part in the future times mod and have many ideas for this

(i will play france for my first game... commercial and industrius all the way baby!)

viva la revolucion
Old October 24, 2001, 01:23   #2
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

A Three Kingdom's scenario is extremely difficult since there were so many spectacular, one-time events that changed the course of history.

Consider that Wei owned more than 1/2 of the country and most of the large cities, how do you balance the scenario?
Old October 24, 2001, 01:42   #3
tleilaxu
Chieftain

well, certain units could only be availible to certain nations. for example, wu would have a superior naval force to wei.

another solution is starting the game before the country was divided and making those cities not controlled owned by yellow turban rebels IE barbarians.

another solution would be an expanded role for great leaders, wonders to balance things out, etc.

of course it wouldn't be easy but nothing worth doing ever is
Old October 24, 2001, 02:07   #4
tleilaxu
Chieftain

in addition, shu would be mostly mountainous and would therefore have good production. in addition shu's special unit could have massive defensive bonuses for fighting in the hills.

another possibility is to have different special techs only availible to certain civilizations. For example, Sun Jian would have "imperial seal" or some such thing. Liu Bei would have "descended from the Han" or something like that.