Old October 25, 2001, 23:09   #31
Akron
Prince

Local Time: 10:09
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Wittlich

Actually, I don't agree. If you made the mistake and left your size 30 city weakly defended, then you also take the risk of it being taken over and possibly "razed" to the ground.

Yes, it is a rather harsh lesson to be made...But I believe you would only make this mistake once!
If something like this happened to a key city in my empire, I'd be really pissed. Now don't get me wrong; I like a good challenge. But having a city suddenly disappear b/c you made a silly mistake is just plain annoying. It gives the peaceful builder a huge disadvantage. Also, the AI doesn't care about atrocities, as it really doesn't matter to it.

Yeah, I know you could destroy a city with nukes or whatever, but in this case it's a gameplay vs. realism matter, and gameplay should win. I'd say that it should take multiple turns to raze larger cities, just to balance things.
Old October 26, 2001, 16:01   #32
Lorizael
lifer
NationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 11:09
Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
Okay, then too bad we don't have, uh, orbital Phaser weapons that can burn the city into non-exsitance.
Nukes destroy cities... and ICMBs can hit anywhere on the earth which is much like an orbital phaser. HA!

Anyway, it probably takes mulitple turns just to take a city, given the new limitations on sieges and stuff. Therefore, once you take a city I think there should be a large and immediate benefit.

Burn it to the ground... NOW!

But I think I would rather keep a size 30 city, I mean, that's pretty good.
Old October 26, 2001, 16:45   #33
gopher
Warlord

Hmmm,
I've been wondering about that ICBM stuff.

According to Dan, once we build the Sattilites, we have acsess to ICBM's. So, then can the satilites regenerate ICBMS or something, or can we upgrade them to make another? The same with subs.
Old October 26, 2001, 16:50   #34
Lorizael
lifer
NationStates
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by gopher
Hmmm,
I've been wondering about that ICBM stuff.

According to Dan, once we build the Sattilites, we have acsess to ICBM's. So, then can the satilites regenerate ICBMS or something, or can we upgrade them to make another? The same with subs.
Where did Dan say this? If this is true that is definetely very cool! Can I get a link?
Old October 27, 2001, 17:35   #35
zeh
Civilization III PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 12:09
Quote:
Welcome to the nuclear winter!!