View Poll Results: Which way to victory?
United Nations 39 19.31%
Cultural 53 26.24%
Own 75% of map 31 15.35%
Bloodlust 30 14.85%
Alpha Centauri 49 24.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 202. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 26, 2001, 17:00   #31
Mars
Prince

Local Time: 10:09
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I chose all of them. I think i'll start out with a cultural or dimplomatic victory just to learn the system, though being a warmonger i'll probally end up beating the game by bloodlust or dominance most of the time.

Quote:
Originally posted by knott
Play on a harder difficulty.
He's probaly already playing on deity
Old October 26, 2001, 17:26   #32
geoman47
Settler

Local Time: 10:09
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
[SIZE=1] I guess what id like is someone to explain why playing Civ without throwing a punch, or unit I guess, can be fun. As I currently see it, if you just want to peacefully build, buy yourself a copy of Sim City 3000..... see if you can change this view of mine with a good responce.
It's doubtful your vew will be changed, because what I find pleasurable is different than what you find pleasurable.

But, a lot of the reason I like the more peaceful ways of winning is because bloodlust gets boring to me. Its been called end game drag, etc. In Civ2 or SMAC, being a war mongor seemed to at a certain point make the game last forever. So inevitably, I'd just quit and start over rather than spent the extra time to ACTUALLY kill everyone off. They've tried to adjust Civ3 for the end game drag, so I might like conquest better in Civ3.

At the same time, I don't mind whipping up on a helpless civ, but I like to outsmart them, i.e. superior technology, economic structure, etc. In SMAC, Spartans can be fun, but playing Spartans every game would suck.

Finally, I like to this that I would be a good leader of my little civers. It is our own little reality we are creating after all, isn't it? I mean, really, would you want to live in a world dominated by some all powerful dictator?