Old October 25, 2001, 22:36   #1
Leviticus
Settler

Local Time: 15:10
Local Date: October 31, 2010
loading factions
Hi.

I downloaded several factions from this site, but how do I get them to work?

I think I put the files in the right folders but when the faction screen comes up and I click on the load faction button, I type the new faction game and it says it doesn't know it!

Any ideas?
Old October 25, 2001, 23:08   #2
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 08:10
If you aren't using the scenario editor to load them, you need to add them to the "custom factions" section in alphax.txt. Then when you are starting a game you will see them as factions you can choose, or if you use the 'random faction' selection, the computer will choose from among them as well.

If it's smac you have, you will need to replace some original seven factions with your custoim ones again thru the alpha.txt file editing

G.
Old October 26, 2001, 15:04   #3
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 12:10
and if its smax you have you can add factions using the faction editor by clicking save and then "add faction to game". that way you don't need to use the alpha text and its less complicated