Old October 27, 2001, 03:30   #1
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 11:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
CivIII FAQ updates- wow!
Just a heads up to check out the CivIII FAQ new info. Some VERY interesting stuff there:

http://www.civ3.com/faq.cfm
http://www.civfanatics.com/

-edit-

Just for convenience, here is the list of FAQ updates from civfanatics:

System requirement change: 400 MB free hard drive space instead of 100 MB.

When you are at war with another Civ, your embassy in their capitol is automatically closed, and you will be unable to investigate city or steal technology. However, you can still conduct other espionage missions (sabotage, propaganda, steal world map, steal plans, expose enemy spy) as long as your spy is not caught.

Conscripted units have only 2 hit points. Conscript units can be received when exploring barbarian villages ("Goody huts"), and are also produced when you use the draft to produce soldiers.
Drafting: Once your Civ has discovered Nationalism, the draft becomes available. Drafting citizens effectively converts a population point into a military unit. Depending on your level of scientific development, that unit will range from a Spearman to an Infantryman. Government types directly affect how many citizens from each city can be drafted per turn; Republic and Democracy can draft 1 citizen per turn, while Depotism, Monarchy, and Communism can draft 2 citizens per turn. Civilizations in Anarchy cannot draft citizens. Drafting is very unpopular with your citizens, and each use of the draft will make one citizen in your city unhappy for twenty turns.

The "Dan Quayle" screen of the original Civilization is back. After winning, losing, or retiring from a game, you will be ranked and given an appropriate title that suits your accomplishments.

Only ground, non-artillery combat units may join an army.

The effect of Mobilization is changed. Instead of halving the maintenance cost of military improvements and doubling the maintenance cost of non-military improvements, mobilization now allows all cities building a military unit to produce one extra shield in every square that is already producing at least one. A mobilized Civ may only build military units and military city improvements, and may not build peacetime improvements.

Last edited by Sarxis; October 27, 2001 at 04:06.
Old October 27, 2001, 04:11   #2
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 11:16
Mobilization
Quote:
The effect of Mobilization is changed. A mobilized Civ may only build military units and military city improvements, and may not build peacetime improvements.
Wow! What a very strategic thing mobilization has become! Getting that extra production in exchange for peactime building options is quite good, and realistic.

Very fun; very kewl.
Old October 27, 2001, 04:42   #3
Ralf
King

Local Time: 16:16
Quote:
Originally posted by Anunikoba
The effect of Mobilization is changed. ...mobilization now allows all cities building a military unit to produce one extra shield in every square that is already producing at least one. A mobilized Civ may only build military units and military city improvements, and may not build peacetime improvements.
How about mobilization for peace? Is that still in? If so; same as above, but you can only build civilian units and city-improvements? Are there any transition-hindrances in order to stop erratic mob-switching back and forth?
Old October 27, 2001, 04:42   #4
The Templar
Prince

Local Time: 10:16
Re: Mobilization
Quote:
Originally posted by Anunikoba

Wow! What a very strategic thing mobilization has become! Getting that extra production in exchange for peactime building options is quite good, and realistic.

Very fun; very kewl.
What the hell is it around here with 'kewl'? Guess you learned to spell in public school.

Hmmm, the classic choice of guns vs. butter. I like it.
Old October 27, 2001, 04:45   #5
Faboba
King

Local Time: 15:16
Location: Scotland. I can't be more specific else they'll find me.
I wonder if it includes wonders.......

What the hell is a war time imrpovement. Barracks, City wall, Coastal Fortress, SAM, maybe Port facility and maybe airport??? That's IT?!? Thats all you'll be able to build??

Are airports peace or war?
Are settlers peace or war?
Are workers peace or war?

Just try for a cultural victory by going peacetime as soon as you develop nationalism.

( BTW - It may not sound like it, but I'm actually really for this idea. I think it's brilliant. I'm just not sure how they'll work it. Still Firaxis. )
Old October 27, 2001, 05:06   #6
Ralf
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Faboba
I wonder if it includes wonders.......
If the wonder specifically gives you a military benefit - Yes, why not?

Quote:
What the hell is a war time imrpovement. Barracks, City wall, Coastal Fortress, SAM, maybe Port facility and maybe airport??? That's IT?!? Thats all you'll be able to build??
War & War-mobilization isnt supposed to continue uninterrupted century after century; millennia after millennia in Civ-3. You get war-mobilized in order to achieve specific military goals - then you get out of it, and into normalized non-mobilized conditions (the norm), or even "peaceful mobilization".

Quote:
I dont know - but I guess you can build above regardless mobilization-state.
Old October 27, 2001, 06:20   #7
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Faboba
Airports and workers are probably buildable in either peace or war.
A settler might not be buildable during war, but then again it might be buildable as well...