*bump*

Don't keep us waiting too long, Jimmy.
Old December 18, 2001, 11:40   #122
Jimmywax
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 09:19
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Nothing much to report, pretty quite on all fronts. French cruisers and destroyers have continued to participate in the CSNavy's blockade of the Yankee's eastern shoreline. In the south of France at Marseilles, seasoned French Legionarres have arrived to help in the French people's crusade to fight back the Hun aggressor. With the thought of Sedan in mind, French soldiers will not be satisfied until they are marching through the streets of Berlin.
Old December 18, 2001, 14:02   #123
Jimmywax
Prince

Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	revenge.gif
Views:	244
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	7860  
Old December 18, 2001, 14:05   #124
Jimmywax
Prince

I see my game didn't attach to the first post.
Attached Files:
File Type: net gw.net (255.0 KB, 2 views)
Old December 19, 2001, 06:57   #125
Scott F
Prince

Local Time: 10:19
Britain Loses Two Dreadnoughts off China

A U-boat submersible, U-5, dispatched from the German enclave in China at Kiaochow Bay made quick work of two British dreadnoughts. The two British warships had suffered greatly from their failed engagements with German shore batteries manned by German garrisons and units within the enclave and were easy prey for the submersible, which quickly sent both of the ships to the bottom in short order. The destruction of these two British dreadnoughts, coupled with earlier losses as the British foolishly hurled themselves against the shore defenses at the Kiaochow Bay enclave, constitutes the destruction of the bulk, if not all, of the Pacific Squadron of the Royal Navy. Aside from a scattered few Entente vessels, the Pacific Ocean is now a Quadruple Alliance lake. Admiral von Spee, commander of the Pacific Squadron of the High Seas Fleet, is expected to put to sea next month with his two cruisers, Scharnhorst and Gneisenau, to mop up the remaining Entente naval forces in the western Pacific.

Adriatic and Aegean Naval Engagements Herald More Entente Defeats

In addition to the great victories achieved by U-5 in the Pacific, Austrian and Turkish naval forces have achieved similar victories in the Adriatic and Aegean Seas. In the Adriatic, the Austrian dreadnought Tegetthoff sortied from the Austrian naval base at Sarajevo, and made quick work of a British dreadnought attempting to block the Strait of Corfu. Believed to have been the battlecruiser HMS Indomitable, the British dreadnought proved to be anything but. In the Aegean Sea, the Turkish cruiser [i]Hamidieh[/b] engaged and sank a French cruiser, probably the Gloire.

Ominous Silence on Western, Eastern Fronts

Reports from both the western front with France and the eastern front with Russia over the past month. Field Marshal von Scottsendorff has declined to comment on the lack of activity in the war, despite calls from the Reichstag to "launch one great decisive attack" or offensive to knock France from the war. Despite the silence at the front, railroads across Germany and Austria-Hungary buzzed with activity as troops and large numbers of artillery pieces rushed along the rails, again highlighting the Field Marshal's promise to the Reichstag that "Germany and our allies will return to the offensive in short order; an offensive that will solve recent problems with oil shortages that have kept our ships and submersibles in port." The Oberste Heeresleitung (OHL), or Supreme Command, has reportedly been quite envious of the successful American offensive that broke the Confederate lines and captured Richmond, and it is quite possible that a move may be made very soon to capture Paris.

Germany and Austria Demand Rumania Expell Russian Troops

The German Empire and the Austro-Hungarian Empire have tendered a letter to the Rumanian monarch, demanding that he expell Russian troops from Rumanian soil at once, or "suffer the consequences." Rumania has been ambigiously neutral in the conflict, and the OHL reportedly has reason to believe that the Russians are moving troops into Rumania in preparation for some sort of surprise offensive, despite Rumania being officially neutral.

http://php.indiana.edu/~sfluhr/germa...ember_1914.zip
Old December 19, 2001, 07:15   #126
Scott F
Prince

Also, a few administrative concerns... The file switch for the Spring of 1915 is coming up soon. This will occur at the start of the next German turn, so that everyone has a chance to play out their December of 1915 turn with the 1914 files. Thus, the file switch will occur after December (and for Jimmy, January) is over. I will run the delevent program and set up the next sequence of events. I am "tweaking" the scenario a bit, so depending on the amount of time that it takes to get back around to Germany, I may have a new version of the game ready for use with the new files (I've already made a few cosmetic graphic changes; but no changes to the rules or events as of yet).
Old December 19, 2001, 19:05   #127
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 01:19
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Imperial Court Press Statement
Today Czar Nicholas II responded to a petition sent to him by the group Western Russians Against Railroad Noise and Soldiers (WRARNS). The Czar wishes to assure all WRARNS members that their worries will soon be long gone, and in the meantime he hopes they will accept the following picture as a symbol of he and his family's concern for the well being of all their subjects.

Last edited by Case; December 19, 2001 at 19:16.
Old December 19, 2001, 19:13   #128
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Here's the file:
Attached Files:
File Type: zip 1914decrus.zip (49.9 KB, 5 views)
Old December 25, 2001, 03:41   #129
Scott F
Prince

Yes, five days ago Hans says, "I will do it tommorrow night, for real this time."

*sigh and bump*
Old December 25, 2001, 18:04   #130
Case
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott F
Yes, five days ago Hans says, "I will do it tommorrow night, for real this time."
It always seems to take him a while to play his turn
Old December 26, 2001, 04:04   #131
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

Local Time: 07:19
Well...
Why don't you just do his turn for him again, Scott?

And see, Case, I told you that my rule about tardiness would work better than yours (see previous page)!!
Old December 27, 2001, 03:46   #132
Case
Emperor

It's now been a week - this is getting silly
Old December 27, 2001, 11:52   #133
Scott F
Prince

All is quiet on the American front.

http://php.indiana.edu/~sfluhr/1914_dec_usa.zip
Old January 11, 2002, 14:18   #134
Scott F
Prince

Greece and Albania Fall!

Preceded by an intense artillery bombardment, German, Austrian, and Turkish troops have advanced, occupying the rest of Greece and the British puppet state of Albania. Casualties have been high, but according to Field Marshal von Scottsendorff, they were well within limits. Athens fell quickly early in the operation. Durazzo, heavily defended and ringed with fortifications, fell later, after a lengthy artillery bombardment. A British destroyer in port was sunk by artillery fire while trying to evacuate some of the surviving British troops from the city as it fell. The Kaiser hailed the offensive as a great victory, proclaiming that it meant "one less front to fight on."

Troops Enter Rumania

After the refusal of the Rumanian government to cease harboring and expell the thousands of Russian soldiers which they are criminally and illegally allowing to stay within their borders, German, Bulgarian, Turkish, and Austrian troops have forded the Danube river and advanced to the outskirts of Bucharest. Several of the outer fortifications of the city have already fallen into the hands of the forces of the Quadruple Alliance. An ultimatum has been sent to the Rumanian government, demanding that they either force the Russians to withdraw or declare Bucharest to be an open city.
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1915jan_germany.net (250.1 KB, 3 views)
Old January 11, 2002, 14:27   #135
Scott F
Prince

File Change Time
With the onset of winter, Christmas comes to the Great War. The soldiers of all sides, weary of fighting and longing for home, climb out from their trenches under flags of truce to meet and share holiday greetings with their enemies. On the Roanoke Front, the Yankees and Rebs play football. In Champagne, the catholic Bavarians celebrate Christmas Day Mass with the French. In Flanders, the British and Germans play soccer. Along nearly every front, for a little over twenty four hours, the world is at peace. Soldiers celebrate the holidays with men from other nations, only to climb back in their trenches to resume fighting on December 26.

The carnage continues. 1914 was only the beginning.

We have reached the end of Part One of this scenario. Before playing your new turn, please run gw_multiplayer.bat and load Part Two of this scenario. It will not be necessary to refresh the event files within the save game itself, so it is unnecessary to drag it to delevent.exe.

Several minor cosmetic changes have been made to the files for the game (mostly graphic changes and I think one file change). These can be gotten here:

http://php.indiana.edu/~sfluhr/turtledove_v13b.zip
Old January 12, 2002, 01:07   #136
Case
Emperor

Imperial Forces Communique #4
The Russian Government protests the German use of War Balloons , and calls upon all civilised nations to ban the use of these barberous weapons.
In addition, the Czar has appealed to his Allies to provide the Imperial forces with the means to destroy these hateful German Monstrosities which have been hindering the efforts of the otherwise mighty Imperial Armed Forces.

Below: A Russian soldier observes War Balloons outside of Bucherest

-----

I've just sent the file on to Hans - I assume he's going to play it this time?
Attached Files:
File Type: zip 1915jan.zip (48.8 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Case; January 12, 2002 at 02:48.
Old January 14, 2002, 18:00   #137
Scott F
Prince

New York Times
First Army Achieves Breakthrough!
Huge Gains Reported as Rebs Break, Our Forces Advance

The entire country was in celebration today as news reports poured in from the front lines in Kentucky. General Custer, veteran hero of the Second Mexican War, commander of First Army, and architect of the fall of Richmond, has again wowed the world with his martial prowess in acheiving yet another great victory against the hated Confederate States. After a heavy artillery bombardment pulverized their defensive lines north of Nashville, First Army advanced rapidly, exploiting the disorganized and increasingly panicked Rebel retreat. With the Cumberland River frozen over, lead units of First Army easily forded the river and advanced into Nashville, shattering the surprised Confederate defenders.

General Custer's capture of Nashville alone would be achievement enough, but the General and the brave fighting men of First Army did not stop there. Advancing further, under support from artillery, Paducah soon fell into First Army's hands. The advances of First Army continued to fill the headlines. After the fall of Paducah, Memphis, lightly defended, fell. First Army continued to advance southward. Birmingham, home of the Sloss Steel Works that are so vital to the Rebel economy, fell next, followed by Vicksburg. First Army's soldiers took relish in plundering and burning the Sloss Works to the ground, and similar revelry was to be had in the coal mines of southeastern Tennessee, rendering them useless to the Rebel cause. Soon after this, the pathetic defenders of Mobile, on the shores of the Gulf of Mexico, surrendered to First Army. The lead war photograph on the front pages of many papers nationwide shows General Custer gazing south across the beaches and into the blue expanse of the Gulf of Mexico.

It is a great day for the United States. The whole of Kentucky, two thirds of Tennessee, and the whole of Alabama are all now in the hands of our brave forces. The Confederate States are cut in half. To the north, First Army has encircled two entire Confederate field armies, pinning them against the Ohio River for reduction by artillery bombardment and starvation.

In other war news, a Confederate destroyer was sunk off of New York by one of our valiant submarines. And out West, artillery bombardments have destroyed some seven brigades of Mormon rebels and two entire divisions of Mexican infantrymen. General Custer's breakthroughs with First Army have also facilitated widespread cavalry raids into Georgia, Arkansas, and Texas, leading to the destruction of many Rebel mines and industrial areas.

----------

File sent by email to Britain.

Hans says that he doesn't want to play anymore (or is saying it without saying it, you might say). Therefore, we need to find a new Yankee player before the USA's turn comes around again, because I don't want to keep on having to play them.
Old January 14, 2002, 18:48   #138
Case
Emperor

Re: New York Times
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott F
Hans says that he doesn't want to play anymore (or is saying it without saying it, you might say). Therefore, we need to find a new Yankee player before the USA's turn comes around again, because I don't want to keep on having to play them.
Pick me! Pick me!

Russia can either be left to the AI, or given to someone else (Jimmywax perhaps?)
Old January 14, 2002, 19:20   #139
Jimmywax
Prince

Do I get to be both the Russians and the French?
Old January 14, 2002, 21:38   #140
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 12:19
Maybe the Confederate player can be Russia. It's not like there's much fighting left in him, or no?
Old January 14, 2002, 22:04   #141
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 12:19
The Times, January 1915 Issue
Confederate States Collapses, Canadians Grit Their Teeth

Toronto.- Several Canadian Generals serving in the Canadian Front have proclaimed that "the end of the war in the South can only mean one thing: recrudement of the war in the north". Thus, heavy attack are expected and the trenchlines in serveral key points are being reinforced to keep them holding out and preventing them from falling to the American troops.

British in Balkans Caught Off Guard, Athens Falls at Tea Time

Crete.- Several British officers evacuated from Athens and Durazzo said that the German behaviour under those attacks had been none the less away from "barbaric and unsporting" as was reported. According to trustworthy reports, after days of heavy bombardments the Germans initiated their attacks at tea time, which, according to the British High Command, should constitute a grave offence and should be catalogued as a "crime against civilisation". Indeed, many have agreed that assaulting positions when the defenders have marched off for a cup of tea is nothing short of barbarous and unsporting. "Not even the end of the world would keep a civilised man from his teapot at tea time!" General Hague proclaimed to the press. Several privates evacuated said to this paper: "It was 'orrible. 'Ere we was, drinkin' a cup 'o 'cha' wiv' the mates when we are suddenly interrupted by the sound of gunfire and a Jerry broke into our dugout and shot our tea pot in the confusion. I was so cross at 'im I pulled out ma' gun and shot him thrice. Never seen such barbaric behaviour!". A Captain of the Army stated the agreement of the entire civilised world: "How rude. It is just not done, it is not protocol."

Throughout the British Empire, this incident has brought about a backlash and has caused tea imports to increase in demand and price and tea plantation owners in India are so pleased that they may be contributing to the wareffort donating funds for the purchase of teapots for the entire population, carting the old ones to the steel works to make new ships. This is indeed a great day for the British Empire!
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1915janbritplayed.net (250.1 KB, 3 views)
Old January 15, 2002, 01:20   #142
Case
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by El Awrence
Maybe the Confederate player can be Russia. It's not like there's much fighting left in him, or no?
That's a better idea
Old January 16, 2002, 23:09   #143
Case
Emperor

Kirk, are out out there?
Old January 17, 2002, 14:19   #144
DarthVeda
Emperor

Local Time: 11:19
Not looking good for the Allies...
Old January 19, 2002, 03:12   #145
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

Sorry fellas, I've been out of town the past few days, went on a trip to the self-proclaimed happiest place on earth..

I'd gladly take over Russia, especially since things are as dire as they sound, I guess that'll teach me to put all my defense toward the front lines...
I'll play my turn tomorrow afternoon, for now, I need sleep
Old January 19, 2002, 06:22   #146
Case
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by JamesJKirk
I'd gladly take over Russia, especially since things are as dire as they sound, I guess that'll teach me to put all my defense toward the front lines...
I've just PM'ed you my password
(Scott, could you send me the password for the Americans?)
Old January 20, 2002, 23:56   #147
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

Tennesee retaken!!!

The tenuous Yankee grip on Tennesee has been broken by heroic Confederate troops. This victory gives firm backing to our word that the Confederacy may be down, but by no means is she out, and the the South shall rise again! Southern men and women have been heartened by this triumph, and Confederate aeroplanes have dropped leaflets of support to those loyal patriots under Yankee lock and boot in occupied Alabama and Mississippi.
Attached Files:
File Type: net csa1915jannet.net (250.1 KB, 7 views)
Old January 28, 2002, 14:02   #148
Scott F
Prince

Jimmy?
Old January 28, 2002, 15:05   #149
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

He emailed me and said he'd been unable to download the savegame from here, so I emailed it to him yesterday
Old January 30, 2002, 18:50   #150
Case
Emperor

*cough* *cough*