Old October 28, 2001, 10:27   #1
Tripper
Settler

Local Time: 09:20
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Civ3 Not Advertised
I just ran out bright and early this morning to pick up a copy of the morning newspaper so I could browse through the advertisements and see which store was selling Civ3 for the lowest price. That way I would know directly where to run first thing Tuesday morning.

I get back home, grab all the ads for Best buy, CompUSA, etc, etc and began flipping through one. Curious, I flipped through another. Perplexed, I scanned another. Concerned, I skimmed the last one.

Now I am very worried.

Civ3 was not advertised!

What does it mean??
Old October 28, 2001, 10:36   #2
SITS
King

Local Time: 15:20
Re: Civ3 Not Advertised
Quote:
Originally posted by Tripper
I just ran out bright and early this morning to pick up a copy of the morning newspaper so I could browse through the advertisements and see which store was selling Civ3 for the lowest price. That way I would know directly where to run first thing Tuesday morning.

I get back home, grab all the ads for Best buy, CompUSA, etc, etc and began flipping through one. Curious, I flipped through another. Perplexed, I scanned another. Concerned, I skimmed the last one.

Now I am very worried.

Civ3 was not advertised!

What does it mean??
I hate tell you this bud but you are living on the Truman Show...
'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna
Old October 28, 2001, 11:00   #3
BLackraven42
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:20
Did you try EB and Babbages??

An old saying goes "For every language a man knows, he is that many times a man"
Therefore, George Bush is half a man.
Old October 28, 2001, 12:33   #4
Swissy
Civilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMRise of Nations MultiplayerIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerBtS Tri-League

Local Time: 10:20
Ad flyers are layed out 8 weeks in advance, they are sent to the printers 2 weeks in advance. Since Infogrames wasn't definite with the Civ3 release date, it had originally been mid-october, most companies will not put Civ3 in this weeks ad. Expect to see it in a couple of weeks. Remember, just because Civ3 means everything in the world to us civers, TBS games are a small part of the computer game market.
Old October 28, 2001, 12:45   #5
Pembleton
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Swissy
Remember, just because Civ3 means everything in the world to us civers, TBS games are a small part of the computer game market.
Yes and Civ3 is just small enough to be reported about in Time Magazine and the New York Times. I don't think even Starcraft or Half-Life ever had that distinction, except maybe in articles about game violence or something besides just talking about the game.
Old October 28, 2001, 13:27   #6
Fredric Drum
Warlord

Local Time: 16:20
Quote:

Now I am very worried.

Civ3 was not advertised!

What does it mean??

This must mean that CIV3 is cancelled!! Well well.. we'll just have to wait for CTP3 then.

Fred
Old October 28, 2001, 16:42   #7
Simpleton
Prince

Local Time: 08:20
Re: Re: Civ3 Not Advertised
Quote:
Originally posted by Fredric Drum

This must mean that CIV3 is cancelled!! Well well.. we'll just have to wait for CTP3 then.

Fred
Oh GAWD NO!!!!! Let us never again have to return to the sewerlike depths to which the CTP series took us.
Old October 28, 2001, 17:00   #8
Bane
Chieftain

Local Time: 05:20
Quote:

Now I am very worried.

Civ3 was not advertised!

What does it mean??
It means you need some fresh air -- when I get it I get it -- who really gives a rat's arse..the planets are not going to go out of alignment.
Old October 28, 2001, 17:09   #9
TechWins
King

Quote:
That way I would know directly where to run first thing Tuesday morning.
My local Best Buy is going to start selling the game Monday. Actually I called last night and that it was some guy said. I'm going to call again today to verify if that's true.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old October 28, 2001, 17:52   #10
TechWins
King

Something screwy is going on at Best Buy. Now they say that the game will be in Oct. 30. This guy also that they were going to get the game last week but something went wrong for that not to happen. I guess I'll just keep on calling until I get a consistent answer.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old October 28, 2001, 19:08   #11
dainbramaged13
Trade Wars / BlackNova Traders
King

Local Time: 11:20
i noticed this to, but i dont think it means anything.. thyere just all hy[ped up about xp, so there isn't much gaming stuff. dont worry
Old October 29, 2001, 02:16   #12
Tripper
Settler

Re: Re: Civ3 Not Advertised
Quote:
Originally posted by Bane

It means you need some fresh air -- when I get it I get it -- who really gives a rat's arse..the planets are not going to go out of alignment.
I feel the same way, Bane. While I am very much looking forward to it, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. Besides, I probably won't even be able to play the game for a month since my P1 200mhz will probably explode as soon as I hit 'run' and it will be that long before I get a new machine.

(And since I just learned that I could buy a brand new luxury suv for the same as what I'm paying on my two year old subcompact commuter, it might get put off even longer. I know, I know - just where the heck are my priorities?)