Old November 21, 2001, 15:23   #121
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 09:22
Local Date: October 31, 2010
2139 to tau

My probeship discovered the city radius of an enemy base. I don't know who's yet ( Hive has the closest capital) but with luck we will have infiltration on SOMEBODY after my next turn.

D:AP in three !!
Old November 21, 2001, 16:45   #122
Tau Ceti
King

Local Time: 17:22
2139 to Qantaga.

Flubber is correct about the base squares. The only thing building directly on forest achieves is making the base square cost 2 movement points to enter rather than 1. Hardly an advantage.
Old November 21, 2001, 17:21   #123
Qantaga
King

Local Time: 10:22
Thanks for the information my friends. I was looking at all that arid land and it just popped into my mind (I know, a rather dangerous proposal) that a forest might help things a little. I was able to drop the base this turn without wasting a few turns waiting on those trees to grow.

On the subject of Secret Projects, I noticed that Flubber is only 10 turns from the Weather Paradigm. Excellent!

I began the Virtual World in one base, but I want to do what is best for the team. Perhaps that one would better serve Tau and I can take the HGP. You guys just let me know your desires and I will certainly be happy to go along.

2139 sent to Flubber.
Old November 21, 2001, 18:32   #124
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

2140 to tau

SPs-- I was only building the WP as a placeholder for the CBA since I hope we have MMI inside of 9 turns. I like the WP though and perhaps I should build it as well -- I like it but would leave it to either of you if you want-- If i do build it, you could later gift me your formers to get quicker terraforms (real handy on the boreholes)

I infiltrated the Hive base known as Unity lair-- it is an undefended size one base--

The Hive currently has 13 bases of which 1 is size 4, 3-3s,5-2s and 4 size 1s. They have 72 0f 140 minerals built on the command nexus. they have 3 unused AAs and 389 energy in reserve.

WRT tech they are currently researching gene splicing and have 15 existing techs

-- all level ones except pro psych-
-- nonlin, HEC,SOTHB,Ind ec., eth calc., Doc: Loy, Doc: flex at level 2

and cyber ethics at level 4

Obviously the AI is not fully sharing tech since the Hive have cyberethics but have neither planetary networks nor intellectual integrity.

Of the Hive bases, 3 are undefended at the moment and only 2 have multiple defenders--

To put it bluntly-- if thats all the ai has, we could roll his ass back to the stone age-- perhaps the ai is smart enough to not take tech so as not to hurt his research rate and his pals already have MMI

Opportunities

1. Based on what I see, I could militarize immediately-- missile jets and rovers would roll him-- a force could be developed while my probes map out his homeland

2. probe meat--after I get D:AP, you two could gift me EVERY tech you have --killing my research rate but setting me up to probe for techs that none of us have-- from the Hive and anyone else-- to be honest I mostly want his map since in theory he should have the maps of all the rest. I see 3 techs he has that None of us has-- nonlin, Doc: Loyalty and cyberethics so the 4th successful probe should net a map

With this data we can start to formulate some plans. As always, I am just throwing stuff out there. Let me know your plans.

I am finishing a probeship on the other side of my island and plan to send it over toward the consciousness near qantaga-- the probe that infiltrated the Hive will head toward university lands. I have nothing headed toward the Spartans at present nor none in the works.
Old November 21, 2001, 19:38   #125
Tau Ceti
King

2140 to Qantaga.

Very interesting information, Flubber. Perhaps they are not as formidable as we had feared.

Qantaga, I would much rather have the HGP than the VW. GAs are my only way to boom, and the HGP is crucial for that...
Old November 21, 2001, 20:09   #126
Qantaga
King

2140 sent to Flubber.

Tau, I will definitely leave the HGP to you. I don't play Morgan very often, so I overlooked that aspect of the HGP.

Flubber, great information! I am looking forward to your infiltration of the Cyborgs. I like your "Probe Meat" plan. Just let us know when you want the techs.
Old November 21, 2001, 20:42   #127
Flubber
Deity

2141 to tau

No change on Hive techs--

Hive military (bracketed number are in construction)

4 (2) CPs
11 (2) formers
14 scouts
3 AA
1 ogre
3 impact squad 4-1-1
6 synth 1-2-1
1 (2) impact inf 4-3-1
2 (3) plasma 1-3-1

heck-- 6 good morale missile planes and a few rovers would wipe this lot

Note the ogre -- I believe the consciousness had one as well-- perhaps thats was a googlie suprise. I note also the total lack of both boats and probes-- the Hive won't be attacking soon unless they can walk on water

I finish D:AP next turn-- what should I research next? if we do the "probe meat" plan, I can research the next tech at a reasonable rate before the weight of all the techs and new probed ones bog me down entirely on my next new choice. I could use all the techs on the next turn since I think my probeship is in range of Unity Lair again and I could try for tech.
Old November 22, 2001, 08:23   #128
Tau Ceti
King

2141 to Qantaga.

No good ideas on the next tech. Impact for ridiculously cheap planes? Initiative for increased transport capacity and faster boat probes? PolySoft to help us towards Fusion?
Old November 22, 2001, 10:42   #129
Qantaga
King

2141 to Flubber.

I agree with Tau's suggestions. Pick one you like best.

I know neither of you are in the U.S., but we are celebrating Thanksgiving today, so I wanted to wish you both happy Thanksgiving.
Old November 22, 2001, 11:33   #130
Flubber
Deity

2142 to tau

I went Doc ini-- Everything else I was offered was tech that either you two or the Hive has-- I still have an ok research rate but I am now definitely in range of Hive bases. If you could both gift me ALL your techs, I can commence the tech rape of the Hive (i also want to build rec commons as I move toward a pop boom)
Old November 22, 2001, 11:39   #131
Tau Ceti
King

2142 to Qantaga.

Did not read the thread first and so did not send all techs this turn. Still, I think the only ones I have that Q does not are Flex and IndBase, and you have both of those.

Happy thanksgiving to you too, Qantaga!
Old November 22, 2001, 12:14   #132
Qantaga
King

2142 sent to Flubber. All techs sent, too. Good luck with your probes.

Well, my wife and girls are waiting at the door. We are on our way to my parent's house for Thanksgiving festivities, so it will be several hours before I will be back online.
Old November 22, 2001, 15:15   #133
Flubber
Deity

2143 to tau

Qantaga-- thanks for the tech and happy turkey day !!!!

I got doc mobility in the theft and the gift of SOTHB allowed a crash upgrade and I saw my trance scout survive a worm attack. My jet took out a another worm of its own.

I now have a probeship within 3 tiles of another enemy base which I assume to be a consciousness one -- Next turn I hope to infiltrate and give a full report. I'm probably 5 turns from probing the UNI for infiltration.

Tau, could you attempt to infiltrate the Spartans anytime soon? I could try it but you are much closer.

Qantaga, I don't remember if I sent you a map this turn but the consciousness seem to be in your lap-- When my plane heals up I think I should send it to you so you can scout further.
Old November 22, 2001, 16:08   #134
Tau Ceti
King

2143 to Qantaga.

All my bases have lousy production (-1 support hurts), so I would have to rush the probe and it would still take 5-6 turns to build. But it can be done, of course.
Old November 22, 2001, 19:12   #135
Qantaga
King

2143 to Flubber. Neural Grafting to both of you.
Old November 22, 2001, 20:36   #136
Flubber
Deity

2144 to tau

Thanks for neural grafting-- I see you are researching MMI-- great stuff

I decided to build the WP and it will be complete next turn-- I saw that one of the AI was announced to be switching to the Datalinks so I will be trying to probe the Hive for cyberethics to beat them to that. I have one probe in range and another 2-3 turns away.

the landscape was such that I was unable to probe AKI but I hope to infiltrate her next turn. I hope you find the expanding map data useful.

Tau, if it detracts from your plans, I could send a probe toward the spartans-- it would just take a while to get there.
Old November 23, 2001, 12:46   #137
Tau Ceti
King

2144 to Qantaga. MMI in 2.

Sending out a probe is not particularly problematic, it just takes a little time. Of course, infiltration is useful to all of us and cannot be completely given away, so there is little to lose by having both do it. In any case, if you are to be the military branch of our alliance, you need infiltration the most.
Old November 24, 2001, 02:40   #138
Flubber
Deity

2145 to tau

I infiltrated both Aki and Zak on the turn and they have a lot of tech we don't -- ie finishing superconducter-- but they are nowhere near MMI as they are not even up to Synth fossil fuels--

I will post full infiltration data tomorrow but they have nothing to hurt us militarily but they do all have LOADS of cash--

My plan is to rush 3 more probeships to try to tech strip those guys-- The spartans will have to wait unless one of you two can send a probe their way.
Old November 24, 2001, 12:16   #139
Flubber
Deity

The promised infiltration data :

Uni military (bracketed number are in construction)

2 (1)CPs
3 (1) formers
13 scouts
27 (3) scout rovers ODD BUILDS but hey its the AI

The Uni currently has 11 bases of which 2 are size 5s, 1 is size 4, 4-size3s,3-2s and 1size 1. They have 0 unused AAs and 413 energy in reserve.

WRT tech they are currently researching superstring (and will discover it this turn) and have 21 other existing techs

-- all level ones (8)
-- all level twos BUT field modulation (9)
-- ind auto, intell. int , adaptive doc at level 3 (3)
-- cyberethics at level 4 (1)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conscious military(bracketed number are in construction)

1 (1)CPs
5 formers
3 scouts
1 transport foil
1 (3) probe teams
1 unity rover
1 unity foil
1 recon rover 2-1-2
1(1) sea CP

The Consciousness currently has 7 bases (22 pop) of which 1 is size 5, 1-size4, 3-3s,2-2s and 0 size 1s. they have 0 unused AAs and 531 energy in reserve.

WRT tech they are currently adaptive doc (which the uni has) and have 14 other existing techs

-- all level ones (8)
-- eth calc., Doc: Loy, Doc: flex, Plan net, Poly. soft, at level 2 (5)
-- intell int at level 3 (1)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that the Hive is now researching superstring-- I will be interested to see if the Uni gives it to him soon

Also I am a littel concerned about the AI cash levels

Hive 389 (couple of turns out of date)
Uni 413
Consciousness 531

What the heck?? they don't look impressive militarily now but their upgrade potential is enormous. Also how expensive would an economic victory be? I have not done one in a LONG long time but could the AI be smart enough to all save up and then gift the money to the Hive to do that.

On infiltration, could we think about pop booming our butts off to try to wrest away the governorship. I think the PKs are our natural candidate-- perhaps we should check how far we are away from this possibility

As always, keep those ideas flowing. As for tech, I would like MMI immediately. For future choices, you have the list of what the AI has, unless there is something you really need, choose other tech as I am going into probe mode-- I'll have 5 probeships active shortly and will then spin out a couple more and their goal is to get each and every AI tech, starting with what the uni has. Then you can cherrypick the ones you want and keep your tech cost down
Old November 25, 2001, 14:45   #140
Tau Ceti
King

2145 to Qantaga. Sorry, I was busy all day yesterday.
Old November 25, 2001, 17:26   #141
Qantaga
King

2145 sent to Flubber.

Flubber, thanks for all your great infiltration data. It is a huge help.

I like your idea of trying to wrest the governorship away, but it may take a little while for me to get a good boom going. Like Tau, my production rate is not too great. I have just begun my first few Creches and it looks like, with our arid lands, that I will need my Tree Farms in place to have the Nuts to support a boom. I still don't have my first "pop" yet, so I would like to wait for one before starting my Tree Farms.

I will get it going as soon as possible.
Old November 25, 2001, 19:00   #142
Flubber
Deity

2147 to tau

Yup governorship is quite a ways away since our current votes are 81 to their 128-- The Hive alone has 55 votes

Cash-- the consciousness now have hoarded up over 600 ec-- I see you 2 with 200-300 cash each while I have 7ec --Is there some reason I should be keeping ecs on hand ?? Every turn I have more stuff available to rush build than I have ecs on hand.

The Hive is only 9 turns from completing the Planetary datalinks-- unless my probethefts are lucky and soon, we might have to contemplate that we won't get that one-- I could always go military and take it

Tau, you will note that the Spartans are pretty close to you-- we can see the outline of their base on the map--They may come calling soon
Old November 25, 2001, 20:25   #143
Tau Ceti
King

2146 to Qantaga.

Credits: I have a slight aversion to rushing units early - probably should do that more often - and few if any of my current facility builds have reached the 10-mineral threshold. So I save up for when they do.

You did not send me the map this turn, so I saw no base. But let's hope they have no immediate attack plans, or I will be in trouble.
Old November 25, 2001, 21:32   #144
Flubber
Deity

Ooops on the year screw-up

I guess it is a factional attribute and the way I have stressed minerals-- I can rush build something every turn and usually want to rush more stuff than I have ec--

Sorry about the map-- I usually give it at the beginning--must have forgot-- but there is a base outline that touches the base outline of your base where my chopper is now-- so they are CLOSE--
Old November 25, 2001, 22:06   #145
Qantaga
King

2146 to Flubber.

Thanks for MMI, Tau!

I also tend to hoard my cash early. I need to learn to loosen the purse strings a little, I guess.
Old November 25, 2001, 22:31   #146
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 08:22
Quote:
Originally posted by Flubber
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also how expensive would an economic victory be? I have not done one in a LONG long time but could the AI be smart enough to all save up and then gift the money to the Hive to do that.
I'm sure I mentioned it when I was asking if players were interested in these scenarios, but in my playtest (my 2 allies weren't all that co-operative on tech sharing) the Hive did win by an economic victory - was quite a game

G.
Old November 26, 2001, 02:19   #147
Flubber
Deity

2147 to tau

You folks should see the Spartans base now-- I did another four tile scout to sea what was about-- I have 2 probes in range to try for tech and two more that will be complete next turn (and one more in progress but had no cash to rush).

And if you fols have nothing to rush, how about sending me some cash -- I would rush a couple more probeships and accelerate the probe rape of the AI.-- tau I might be able to steal steal poly soft so you can switch- qantaga, I don't believe any of the AI has bioengineering.
Old November 26, 2001, 13:08   #148
Tau Ceti
King

2147 to Qantaga.

Yep, there it is, a little too close for comfort. I switched to a probe foil in the closest city.

I will have something to rush in a few turns - about 7-8 recycling tanks plus rec. commons in the 3 new cities that will be built soon. But if there is anything specific you need, just ask - preferably in the in-game communication, as I hardly ever read the thread before I play.
Old November 26, 2001, 22:13   #149
Qantaga
King

2147 sent to Flubber.

The next couple of days may be a little slow for me. Another week of flights and travel. Fortunately, the holidays are coming soon and I should be closer to home for most of December.
Old November 27, 2001, 01:31   #150
Flubber
Deity

2148 to tau

No problem qantaga -- I actually start a business trip myself tomorrow (on the plane for about 7 hours ) and I just do not know when I will be able to play. I will be back on Sunday.

I stole intellectual integrity from the uni and will take a shot at the hive next turn (hoping to snag cyberethics and crash build the datalinks so we can share tech) I think I will leave my fleet of probeships at 5 and start concentrating on crawlers and Sps.

Is there any thought yet on strategy and goals-- I realize that we are all still building . . . I am just positioning myself for a modest size empire before i go a'conquering-- My Drone strat would be to switch to Planned around the time I build the CBA and the CF then build a bunch of units while booming. i would send a chopper each (2?) to your respective territories to assist in perimeter security and to allow you to stay in FM as long as possible.

Then I am thinking of going clobbering-- I can see the Hive territory and it is close-- drop one seabase off his coast and the aerial assault begins. I figure 4 elite choppers and 4 rovers would be sufficient initial force (particularly with chopper reinforcements on the way constantly. I figure to complete the CBA and the CF by 2158 (switching to planned to hurry their construction) The attack on the Hive could be in the mid 2160s.

there . . . thats what I am thinking-- lots could change it but that would be my "plan"-- I always like to have a goal-- Any other options present themselves?? More specifically, is there anything I can do that would help my allies out??

One question . . . is there any way to get bases in the hands of another human easily ?? The only thing I can think of is to gift a rover to one of you of you to let you capture the base to begin with-- I can see some advantages to having you guys take some of the captured bases (particularly if we could take the empath guild