Old December 18, 2001, 20:43   #241
Qantaga
King

Local Time: 10:22
Local Date: October 31, 2010
2173 sent to Flubber.

That was an interesting turn.

Tau will be the new governor. He is leading 169 to 0 with only Flubber left to cast his vote. Tau, congratulations on your election and on your devious dealings with Santiago.

I did seize The Hive and The Empath Guild. Yang has been eradicated.

Nice planning and coordination all the way around. Great job taking out the Hive so quickly Flubber. Thanks for letting me share in the fun of eradicating Yang.
Old December 18, 2001, 20:59   #242
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 09:22
169 to 0 ????? Doesn't anybody like me ?

Tau I redownloaded the v2 SMAX patch to try to kill the problem and will see how my next turn goes
Old December 19, 2001, 09:27   #243
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

2174 to tau

Tau was not a candidate when I voted so I abstained. Good job folks

Also I played from home-- no airdrop bug -- When I play at work today i will see if the reinstallation of the patch made the bug disappear

Oh, I took 3 bases and prepared to take a couple more next turn-- The consciousness appear to have a very dim fate at the moment

Old December 19, 2001, 18:41   #244
Tau Ceti
King

Local Time: 17:22
2174 to Qantaga. Thanks for your support! This will be a new era of prosperity for all (well, nearly all. "Spartans +4 (They get +0)" ).
Old December 19, 2001, 19:27   #245
Qantaga
King

2174 to Flubber.

Tau, congratulations on your election. I am glad to see that Santiago is making out so well in trade routes.

Flubber, I must say that my people feel quite safe and cozy now that you have begun taking the Cyborg bases closest to our little island.

Something has happened that I can't figure out. Perhaps the two of you know the reason for this. In the past two turns, once Tau was up for election, I have founded three new bases. Two of them were uneventful, but when I founded UN High Commission, I got a free Perimeter Defense at that base. It happened on the same turn that I took The Hive. I thought perhaps it was just an anomaly that would fix itself by this turn, but the Perimeter Defense is still there.

When I founded the base, I did have a former working the square putting up a sensor array that was 3 turns from completion. With the strength of Flubber's army, I did not think I needed the extra defense and I didn't want to wait, so I went ahead and dropped the base anyway while the former was still working on the sensor. I don't know if this had anything to do with it, but when the base was founded, there was a Perimeter Defense that came with it.

UN High Commission is on the eastern end of my island if you want to take a look at it.
Old December 19, 2001, 20:28   #246
Flubber
Deity

2175 to tau

So how do you folks see us finishing this off ?? The uni is getting tough with fusion AAA defenders so I may turn on the Spartans

Q -- forgot to look in your base
-- I doubt the consciousness will be bothering anybody for much longer
Old December 20, 2001, 14:37   #247
Tau Ceti
King

2175 to Qantaga. Fusion Power passed around.

Qantaga, did you get the Perim. immediately when the base was founded? That is unusual - the game quite regularly does something weird with the free facilities (such as the Hive's Perimeters) when the bases are captured and places them in a random base, but that does not seem to be the case here (particularly as The Hive itself still has its perimeter). So no good ideas.
Old December 20, 2001, 21:45   #248
Qantaga
King

2175 to Flubber.

Tau, the Perimeter Defense did come immediately. When I dropped the base, the Perim. came with it.

Thanks for Fusion!

Flubber, I am open to any path to victory. At the end of my turn, we have the AI outvoted 325-119 (a little better than 73% of the vote), so a Supreme Leader victory is only a few turns away. With your military, a Conquest victory wouldn't be too far away, either.
Old December 22, 2001, 12:25   #249
Flubber
Deity

2177 to tau

I activated the supreme leader victory as the current votes were

Flubber 159
Qantaga 120
tau ceti 70

Total 349

Zak 46
Sparta 55
Aki 8

Total 109

So we have them by the 3-1 margin and I would just as soon know now as later whether any of them will resist. I guess I could have waited but I believe we were all agreed that there is no real fun in beating up an already defeated AI

Last turn i took one uni base and am now in a position to eradicate the consciousness' last two water bases next turn. I will also be in a position to smack the spartans in 2 turns-- The new fusion chaos choppers are SO cheap
Old December 25, 2001, 19:44   #250
Tau Ceti
King

Sorry about the delay, guys. 2177 to Qantaga.
Old December 27, 2001, 11:51   #251
Qantaga
King

All factions unite behind your pact brother, Foreman Flubber of the Drones, as Supreme Leader! You achieve great power and influence as Penultimate Leader.

Game Over!

Very nicely done, my friends. Democracy is no longer in peril.

Final scores were:

Flubber - 1672
Tau - 1015
Q - 818

---------
Now that this game is finished, I would like to see if Googlie can come up with another team challenge for us if you guys are interested.