Old June 12, 2003, 17:02   #511
EZRhino
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 08:28
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Location: Sunset and the evening star And one clear call for me.
If someone accedentally shared their maps, they can see your stuff too.

Edit: and I am certain I didnt share my maps with you, cant speak for Anzac though

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!
Old June 12, 2003, 17:22   #512
tanelorn
Prince

Local Time: 17:28
Great, now I know what a target feels like.
Old June 12, 2003, 18:15   #513
EZRhino
Prince

Ja, Ja, und how dost it veel mien herr?
... Just kidding

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!
Old June 12, 2003, 20:56   #514
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 01:28
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Massive troop movements have been taking place across the CIS. The frontiers facing the Arab League and NATO have been greatly strengthened and a powerful strategic reserve has been created at undisclosed locatations deep within Russia.

The 35th Infantry Division remains at it's post on the Afgan Iranian border...
Attached Files:
File Type: net cis2001nov.net (265.8 KB, 1 views)
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Last edited by Case; June 13, 2003 at 01:31.
Old June 12, 2003, 21:03   #515
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

BTW, I must say that I'm concerned about tanelorn's map problem. The only cause I can think of is that someone accidently swapped maps with you.
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
Old June 12, 2003, 21:47   #516
The ANZAC
King

Local Time: 10:28
I didn't have any AI communication with anyone so I have no idea how this could have happened
Old June 12, 2003, 22:36   #517
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

I have seen one or two cases where the AI actually made negotiations with other AI's, and even declared war. There is a chance they shared maps here.
Old June 18, 2003, 12:48   #518
EZRhino
Prince

Bump

Old June 24, 2003, 17:53   #519
tanelorn
Prince

Bump-Bump!
Old June 26, 2003, 06:58   #520
Case
Emperor

PM sent to Grothgar
Old June 26, 2003, 17:03   #521
Grothgar
Prince

Local Time: 15:28
As a result of the Massive Build up on the NATO border of Russian Troops NATO has activated Article 4 which allows a first strike and this is exactly what has happened.

Stealth Bombers led the first wave of attacks and over 60 divisions (units) are believed destroyed for the loss of only 2 Stealth Bombers.

St Petersburg was captured and occupied and Kiev was severly bombarded. In the east Vladivovstock was emptied of units and so was another of the cities there. All in all some 80 units were destroyed for a loss of about 9.

NATO calls on all its allies to respond to the growing Soviet threat will all available force, Attack whenever and wherever you can and take advantage of the Russian surprise (ie we all get a turn before russia lol)

This is the NATO communique
Attached Files:
File Type: net 2001nov.net (265.8 KB, 2 views)

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"
Old June 26, 2003, 19:22   #522
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Soviet?
Old June 26, 2003, 20:21   #523
Grothgar
Prince

Damn right lol. Thats precisely why i said it

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"
Old June 27, 2003, 05:10   #524
EZRhino
Prince

Initiate Plan H, thats H for Hijra...
Treachery!
The Russian refusal to withdraw from Iran shows for the whole world to see their naked contempt for international law and procedure. This shall no longer be tolerated.

One final plea to the Russian people: One day, you too will appear before Allah to answer for your deeds; do not stray from the path of righteousness as your leaders have done.
Attached Files:
File Type: net 2001alnov.net (265.8 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by EZRhino; June 27, 2003 at 06:33.
Old June 27, 2003, 06:15   #525
Case
Emperor

Heh, I see that you missed my strategic reserve then Grothgar
Old June 27, 2003, 06:34   #526
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Local Time: 16:28
Hmm, where can one aquire this scenario?
Old June 27, 2003, 07:17   #527
EZRhino
Prince

The first page of this thread has the files...

Old June 27, 2003, 07:18   #528
EZRhino
Prince

And here is an updated units.bmp
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	units.bmp
Views:	20
Size:	301.1 KB
ID:	48601  

Old June 27, 2003, 20:07   #529
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Revenge!!!

The Raging Dragon strikes back at the APEC, Korea falls!

Crowds cheer on victorious Chinese troops as they charge
through Lushun for the Korean border.

Taking advantage of Russia’s distractions to the west, Chinese forces have finally been ordered forward for the liberation of Manchuria. Taking advantage of Prime Minister Anzakiyumi’s notorious habit of poorly defending rear areas, our armies were ordered away from the stronghold of Shenyang to strike south. After a fierce battle with APEC’s garrison at Lushun, the floodgates were open for thousands of Chinese artillery pieces to pour into Korea. Pyongyang, Seoul, Pusan, and Chongjin were all found defended by petty infantry and taken with ease. A final offensive bypassed Shenyang in order to capture Fushun, the only Manchurian city without the defensive advantage of being on a major river.

Engineers have built quality siege fortresses for all of our exhausted offensive formations, and each fortress has considerable air cover. In a matter of months we are sure the surrounded remnants of Japan’s continental forces will be destroyed, unless of course they are wise enough to surrender.

Meanwhile, our growing nuclear submarine fleet has finally had a chance be tested in combat. A missile cruiser and diesel submarine off Tientsin, two diesel submarines off Shanghai, and a destroyer off the Spratly Islands were all sent to the bottom with no losses on the Chinese side.

Southern front fortified

Red Guard and irregular units have gone behind enemy lines and cut the railroads between Nanning and the two border fortresses to the northwest and northeast. Without any railroads over the tough hills around Nanning, we aren’t worried about any major counterattack from Vietnam.

War with Russia!

The Honor Guard raises the
Chinese flag over the Russian
port of Vladivostok.

Due to Russia’s alliance with the APEC, we have launched a pre-emptive strike against the CIS. Shuangyashan and Vladivostok, both left empty after intense American airstrikes, have been secured by China’s best mobile troops. Other than this, little combat was seen against the Ivans. H-6 squadrons destroyed a column of T-80’s southwest of Ulan Bator, and four engineer detachments working on a project outside Irkutsk.

Also, Chinese irregulars and paratroopers have cut Russian railroads in three places: between Cita and Qiqihar, between Cita and Kharbarovsk, and between Kharbarovsk and Vladivostok. Let’s see what good their ‘strategic reserve’ can do bogged down in forests and hills.

Patriots of China stand tall, victory is upon us!
Attached Files:
File Type: zip china_2001_nov.zip (69.0 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Darius871; December 2, 2003 at 18:45.
Old June 28, 2003, 12:19   #530
The ANZAC
King

APEC would be willing to sign a cease-fire provided 2 things: 1) you let our forces leave Manchuria and 2) you let us reoccupy South Korea.

I'm going to be gone, so I don't know who will take over; maybe Case? See you in 2 weeks
Attached Files:
File Type: net apec2001nov.net (265.8 KB, 2 views)
Old June 28, 2003, 15:42   #531
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Sorry, we will not allow any continued Japanese presence on the continent. Based on what I encountered in Korea, the vast majority of your ground forces are in Manchuria, and if I allowed them to withdraw to a safer place they would still be a threat. I have no reason to think this is not just a ruse.

If you were willing to disband your Manchurian garrison, I would allow APEC administration of ALL of Korea. We have no need for Korea anyway, we are just liberating Chinese territory.

EDIT: Secondly, Nanning must be peacefully handed over. No disbanding of Vietnamese units is necessary, we just want to return to our original border.

If you are seriously interested in peace rather than just a better position from which to attack, you should accept this.

Last edited by Darius871; July 2, 2003 at 20:35.
Old June 28, 2003, 19:42   #532
Case
Emperor

I'll take over for ANZAC.
Old June 29, 2003, 05:49   #533
Grothgar
Prince

Yeah, because we will allow this because of our surprise labotomy . While i believe that ANZAC may have sided with you on this war it may not be to the extent that you thought .

Also if i remember i was in a great position in the Napoleonic Wars scenario but then you took over from Jimmywax and i was screwed so maybe not

Old June 29, 2003, 07:40   #534
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Case
I'll take over for ANZAC.
What of a ceasefire then?
Old June 29, 2003, 19:32   #535
tanelorn
Prince

Hey, this is interesting. Let's see what happens.
Old June 30, 2003, 07:04   #536
Case
Emperor

Tanelorn, I think that it's your turn as India
Old June 30, 2003, 07:13   #537
Case
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Darius871

What of a ceasefire then?
Let me have a look at the APEC situation first.
Old July 2, 2003, 18:30   #538
tanelorn
Prince

After the most recent developments, the Indian government issues the following statements:

Our primary concern is the preservation of global peace and prosperity.

1 According to our defensive agreement with the Arab League, we shall assist it, should it come under attack. Therefore, should any invaders cross the formal Iranian border, they shall find Hindu armies fighting besides their Arab colleagues. What happens beyond the Iranian border is not of any concern to us. Fighter squadrons have been already dispatched to that end. Casus beli exists, should they come under attack.

2 Any foreign civilian units (Freights & Engineers) inside Indian territory are under the protection of the Indian state, irrespective of their nationality. Any attack against them shall be interpreted as a direct provocation.

3 As to the current state of affairs, our opinion is this:

a) The Arab league is justified in expelling foreign military personel, that violates international law, from its teritory. So, we feel moraly obliged to help it. We see the Arab invasion of CIS as a temporary tactical necessity, in which we find no reason to take part.

b) China's claim of liberation against APEC seems valid, however we would prefer that it was settled diplomatically and not with force. It is not too late. We consider both APEC and China as our major trading partners, and would like to see cooperation between them.
The occupation of Vladivostok on the other hand is interpreted as oportunistic, as a follow-up of the NATO air raids. We do not believe that China can realistically pursue a new invasion of Siberia, or stand against APEC and CIS under joint command. Considering the bad blood that runs through the Sino-Russian relations we call both beligerents to seath their sabres.

c) Since the CIS did not actively pursue its threat against the Arab league (meaning it did not engage in hostilities first) we see the NATO reaction as somewhat excessive and premature. The west claims to be the paragon of civilised conduct in international affairs:"Preemptive strikes" of genocidal scale without prior warning must not be part of the 21st century. Had the Russians (who are not the Soviets anymore) assumed hostilities of any kind, we would have approved, certainly.

d) We wish to maintain cordial relations and trade with everybody, and want this wish to be respected.

We also note that the mountain passes between Indian controlled Punjab and former west Pakistan have been sabotaged, hampering movement (trade) severely. As to who may have done this, we are extremely suspicious & annoyed. Who has juristiction over the desert, under the Pakistani break-up act?

We would also like to announce the allocation of national funds and resources on the new Indo-Iranian railway to Kerman, to further facilitate trade. Engineers in the battle-zones will be under the protection of the Indian army.

We also have the discriminations against the untouchable caste to resolve, but this is rather an internal issue we have our hands full of, lately.
Old July 2, 2003, 18:39   #539
tanelorn
Prince

Technically India adopts a stance of armed neutrality, and waits for the Manchurian issue to be settled.
Attached Files:
File Type: net hindustan_2001nov.net (265.8 KB, 2 views)
Old July 2, 2003, 20:33   #540
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by tanelorn

The occupation of Vladivostok on the other hand is interpreted as oportunistic, as a follow-up of the NATO air raids.
We had no hope for war with the CIS, but their alliance with the APEC is well-known. We couldn't run the risk of 'guessing' Russia would remain neutral in our war of liberation.

Quote:

We do not believe that China can realistically pursue a new invasion of Siberia, or stand against APEC and CIS under joint command.
We have no plans for continued advances into Siberia, but you'd be wise not to doubt our capability.

Quote:

Considering the bad blood that runs through the Sino-Russian relations we call both beligerents to seath their sabres.
IF the APEC and CIS accept our earlier proposal, we will of course have a lasting peace with both parties. We wished to end the occupation of our land, that is all.