Old October 29, 2001, 20:20   #1
VetteroX
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:28
Local Date: October 31, 2010
OK I'll Give some Info!
This is gonna be kinda a ramble, so no "check your grammer and paragraphs" bs. I wanna get back to the game.

First awesome thing is that the random map generator actually made a nice map! mostly grassland, plenty of small lakes (one square) and rivers. Lots of cattle around, which is great. There are some hills and mountains, but only enough to give a nice little production boost, not so much to make a huge space where no cities can be founded.

Second Awesome Thing: Im the americans, they start with a scout, workers, warrior, and 1 settler. I started on Monach (King) Difficulty. The scout is quite useful, and I built a couple more, VERY cheap.

Third Awesome Thing: If founded in a decent spot, new cites seem to grow very fast, so the 2 pop point for setlers and 1 for workers doesnt matter, my workers seem faster then in Civ 2 (maybe cuase im industrious)

Fourth Awesome Thing: The AI seems really good so far! They do a great job founding cities, I dont think I could do a better job myself! no more 2 squares from another city or 1 spot away from the coast BS! I really seems like they are founding them in intelligent places! They are also founding very quickly, Its 1350 BC, I have 10 cities, ( and im building more in almost every city) the Frech right next to me have 9 cities. In EVERY version of civ ive playerd, the comp seems to found cities too slowely... not anymore!

Fith Awesome Thing: The AI isnt a such a (insurt multiple curses here) anymore, they seem to be reasonable. No more violating your territory, no more war very early for no reason. They are pretty nice... the English gave me Iron working for 50 gold, although I had agreed to one of her proposals first, it was a tech for tech.

Hmm.. unit updates: Musketman is 2/4/1 so he is good at defence, no 3/3 musketeer is 3/4. I guess They listened to the complaining about musketmen. Marines are really weak... 8/10/1 down from 10/12/1 Paratroopers are 8/10... not 8/7 like someone said. Thats about all the changfes I remeber, looks t\like they were tweaking until the last hour, even the game manual is inaccurite.

Maybe im dumb, or was just too excited to get started, but I there seems to be no way to start where you should start in world map games... I coulmdt even tell if it was world map, but my first game I started on "large world" loaded from scenarios. I was started in a bad spot, and from what I explored, it was no part of the word I recognised. So, Bad is either 1) no start where you should on World or 2) Might not even be a world map. I restarted on a random map, which is where all the cool things im telling about are happening.

Anyway, I must play more.... It seems really cool so far, im quite happy with it. I'll try to come back later to answer some Q's, but I dont have the willpower totear myself away for long... only did this cause I know id want someone to do same if positions were switched.
Old October 29, 2001, 20:24   #2
VetteroX
Chieftain

Oh, and if someone want me to take a screen shot or attach a file, you gotta tell me how, im not too knolegeable about these forums. I know how to go in a get the file from folders, but not how to get it onto the forum. Also, I prob wont be back for a few hours.. MUST PLAY.
Old October 29, 2001, 20:38   #3
GodSpawn
Prince

Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Third Awesome Thing: If founded in a decent spot, new cites seem to grow very fast, so the 2 pop point for setlers and 1 for workers doesnt matter, my workers seem faster then in Civ 2 (maybe cuase im industrious)
I hope this doesn't mean that ICS will still be a problem.
Old October 29, 2001, 20:39   #4
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 01:28
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by VetteroX
Oh, and if someone want me to take a screen shot or attach a file, you gotta tell me how, im not too knolegeable about these forums.
hit the print screen buttin on your keyboard, then paste the result onto a graphics editor and edit it down so that the area you want to show is emphasised, and it fits within the Apolyotn mesage board constraints
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
Old October 29, 2001, 20:54   #5
Comrade Tribune
Prince

Local Time: 16:28
Re: OK I'll Give some Info!
Quote:
Originally posted by VetteroX
Second Awesome Thing: Im the americans, they start with a scout, workers, warrior, and 1 settler. I started on Monach (King) Difficulty. The scout is quite useful, and I built a couple more, VERY cheap.

Hmmm. Kind of Family Start. Interesting. Anybody any thoughts about that?

They are pretty nice... the English gave me Iron working for 50 gold, although I had agreed to one of her proposals first, it was a tech for tech.

Arenīt they a bit too nice for King Level?
Thank you a lot. This was sure interesting. Happy gaming!

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.
Old October 29, 2001, 20:55   #6
dainbramaged13
Trade Wars / BlackNova Traders
King

Local Time: 11:28
Quote:
Originally posted by Case

hit the print screen buttin on your keyboard, then paste the result onto a graphics editor and edit it down so that the area you want to show is emphasised, and it fits within the Apolyotn mesage board constraints

NOOOOOO dont fit withing acs forum restraints, takes too much trouble and quality out of the picture, attach as zip if u can (using winzip or ohter zip utility should be pretty straightforward) so we can download and have much better quality
Old October 30, 2001, 08:01   #7
LaRusso
King

Local Time: 17:28
They are pretty nice... the English gave me Iron working for 50 gold, although I had agreed to one of her proposals first, it was a tech for tech.

hehe, sounds realistic to me. english sucking up to americans
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.
Old October 30, 2001, 08:25   #8
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 16:28
Quote:
Originally posted by LaRusso

hehe, sounds realistic to me. english sucking up to americans
Cracks knuckles and opens up his phrasebook of insults the Apolyton filters don't understand ....
Old October 30, 2001, 08:34   #9
LaRusso
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Grumbold

Cracks knuckles and opens up his phrasebook of insults the Apolyton filters don't understand ....
cmon, the only reason was to keep pesimists at bay
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.
Old October 30, 2001, 10:17   #10
Rosacrux
Warlord

ROFLMOA

LaRusso you are a hit sometimes... when you don't use Yugoslavian that is...
Old October 30, 2001, 10:27   #11
LaRusso
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Rosacrux
ROFLMOA

LaRusso you are a hit sometimes... when you don't use Yugoslavian that is...
only sometimes ?

btw, it is serbo-croatian
where in europe are you?
Old October 30, 2001, 10:30   #12
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 18:28
VetteroX:
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=31083
Old October 30, 2001, 10:45   #13
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

I'm dying! Need Civ3, ne.....e.......d Ci...v....3...!
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!
Old October 30, 2001, 10:46   #14
Rasbelin
Emperor

Thanks, VetteroX!

BTW, I have a strange feeling that
one apolytoner has lost his mind.
Old October 30, 2001, 11:02   #15
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

That was evil said!
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!