Old October 31, 2001, 20:18   #31
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Local Time: 11:34
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Gee folks, I guess criticism of a flawed game isn't allowed around here. Instead, let's just blindly accept that this is a good game because it says civ3 on the box.

In that respect, honestly... they could have gotten away with just about anything chintz, and it looks like they are.
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Yin!

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.
Old October 31, 2001, 21:11   #32
Döbeln_2001
Settler

Local Time: 15:34
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaak
also, it isn't windows integrated !?!?! this sucks...
*No* games worth mentioning runs in windowed mode anymore. Live with it.

Regards / Döbeln 2001
Old October 31, 2001, 21:13   #33
Döbeln_2001
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by Zylka
Gee folks, I guess criticism of a flawed game isn't allowed around here. Instead, let's just blindly accept that this is a good game because it says civ3 on the box.
Is it okay to think it's a good game 'cause you played it and liked it?

Regards / Döbeln 2001
Old October 31, 2001, 22:29   #34
Zylka
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesApolytoners Hall of Fame
King

You'll play it, and like it, and it will be collecting dust in less than 3 months. It is not a finished game. It is not a stable game. It is not a timeless game.

This is a cheap thrill worthy of all you rep-lacking settlers and pure SP's out there. Call me when the next flavor of the month shooter comes out, will you?
Old November 1, 2001, 08:24   #35
Typo
Chieftain

Quote:
You'll play it, and like it, and it will be collecting dust in less than 3 months. It is not a finished game. It is not a stable game. It is not a timeless game.

This is a cheap thrill worthy of all you rep-lacking settlers and pure SP's out there. Call me when the next flavor of the month shooter comes out, will you?
Well Operation Flashpoint is out now, truly great game! You can also look forward to OFP add-on pack, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Medal of Honour Allied Assault and Aliens vs Predator 2. Have I missed anything??
Old November 1, 2001, 08:40   #36
Tilemacho
Prince

Something I really won't like is the fact that I won't be able to stack my units like in CTP and better in CTP2...!!!

Also I think the city radius should expand more than just 2 tiles in bigger cities.....

2 good ideas of CTP series that Firaxis SHOULD have used....
Old November 1, 2001, 09:28   #37
Ozymandous
Prince

Local Time: 10:34
Quote:

In that respect, honestly... they could have gotten away with just about anything chintz, and it looks like they are.
No, criticism that is founded in obvious game flaws, that you give PROOF of is indded welcome (at least by me).

Constant *****ing because YOU don't like the graphics (which can be modified I believe, you're a graphical artist, fix it how you want for gawd's sake) is not criticism of a "flawed" game, it's *****ing because you don't like how the game LOOKS.

Big difference.

I have problems with the game interface myself, namely the build queue (they should have taken notes from CtP series on how to make a fully functional, easy to use queue system!) but overall the game is pretty good.
Old November 1, 2001, 09:35   #38
Ozymandous
Prince

Local Time: 10:34
Quote:

Well, considering I buy bwtween 4 and 8 games a year it's not often that I'll play any of them for more than a month at a time anyway..

As for your dismissal of anyone not agreeing with you as some for of lower life form since they probably only play SP and apparently don't get their ego boosts from beating others in MP (which judging from your tone is how you get your kicks), why don't you wait and go play Age of Mythology when it comes out or Empire Earth, since all you seem to care about is MP ability and "flashy, iconic" graphics.

Heh, you receive what you dish out, play nicely and people might actually debate you on issues instead of petty arguments.