Old October 30, 2001, 20:37   #1
Stretch
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:34
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Image resolutions
One of the earleist bits of info from Jonah said:

"Availiable resolutions over 1024x768: 1792x1344, 1600x1200,1280x1024, 1152x864"

Mine only allows two.. the manual even says that the zoom command toggles between two available map sizes, and when I launch the game it resizes my screen from 1152x864 down to 1024x768 to play the game..

so how do I use these other resolutions?

Also.. is there a way to get around the startup animation? ( I havent looked yet... just thought I'd stick that in here)
Old October 30, 2001, 20:50   #2
Stretch
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:34
Sorry for the double post but in the last 5 minutes I learned how to read a readme.txt file...

Ini file tweaks: The first time Civilization III is run, it will create a file called 'civilization3.ini'. The following lines can be added and allow you to tweak the game:

*KeepRes=1 - When set to 1, your desktop resolution will be what the game uses. 1024x768 screens will be centered, but you will be able to see much more of the map on one screen.
*NoSound=1 - Disables all sound in-game.
*Video Mode=1792 / Video Mode=1600 / Video Mode=1280 / Video Mode=1152 - Force screen resolution to one of these settings.
Old October 30, 2001, 21:04   #3
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 08:34
Quote:
Originally posted by Stretch
Sorry for the double post but in the last 5 minutes I learned how to read a readme.txt file...

Ini file tweaks: The first time Civilization III is run, it will create a file called 'civilization3.ini'. The following lines can be added and allow you to tweak the game:

*KeepRes=1 - When set to 1, your desktop resolution will be what the game uses. 1024x768 screens will be centered, but you will be able to see much more of the map on one screen.
*NoSound=1 - Disables all sound in-game.
*Video Mode=1792 / Video Mode=1600 / Video Mode=1280 / Video Mode=1152 - Force screen resolution to one of these settings.
Thanks for the insight Stretch...I will have to try these setting out (when ever my game finally arrives, that is,