Old July 11, 2002, 16:02   #31
Incan_Warrior
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:37
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I've had variable interactions with the Queen. On Cheiftan, she sucked up to me, offered a MPP and said something along the lines of 'Let's rule this world together!'

Now, on regent, it's not easy to get on her good side. I'm 400 pts. in the lead (around 1100 AD) and am kicking ass. Nevertheless, Elizabeth demands tribute. I tell her to take her empty threats elsewhere, and she replies something along the lines of "Montezuma, it's a cold, hard world - and you should make an effort to keep the friends you have. Your uncooperative behavior will be remembered in the future". She's beating me on techs, which I will occasionally buy from her. Of course, I never play with Space Race so I'm not too worried about her science lead.
Old July 12, 2002, 02:10   #32
Venger
King

Joan is nasty - she looks like Uncle Fester.

Guys who think she's hot need to stop playing Civ, take a shower, put on a nice cologne, comb your fair, handle your personal grooming, and get involved in the HARDEST strategy game of all time -

laying pipe.

Venger
Old July 12, 2002, 10:02   #33
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Venger
Joan is nasty - she looks like Uncle Fester.

Guys who think she's hot need to stop playing Civ, take a shower, put on a nice cologne, comb your fair, handle your personal grooming, and get involved in the HARDEST strategy game of all time - laying pipe.
I don't think CivIII was created to fulfill those type of needs.... however you can always change the leaderhead graphics to someone more 'sociable'.
Old July 15, 2002, 01:32   #34
johncmcleod
Prince

Local Time: 07:37
I hate Catherine! She has all of these warts and facial distortions and she's obese, and she's always pesky. When my army completely outclasses hers, and I fight against her to get one little thing, it's a never ending war. I get what I want, and she refuses my envoy and I wipe her out-but get involved in a tiresome war.

I also hate Alexander. He look like he's gay, wears makeup, his hat in the medievil ages is ridiculous, and he wears stupid glasses in the modern age. Besides that, he's always out to kill me.

And, you guys need to get a life. Joan of arc is a computer graphic, not real. And how can you think a saint is hot? I sure can't. And one time, I don't know where and when, but on this forum somebody said liz is hot in the medievil age. Pretty bizarre.
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Old July 15, 2002, 01:40   #35
ThePlagueRat
PtWDG RoleplayCTP2 Source Code ProjectACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 16:37
I have only been in love with the civ2 foreign advisor... she's not just computer graphics either!
Old July 15, 2002, 18:27   #36
HazieDaVampire
King

Local Time: 15:37
WHY THE HELL DID WE GET LIZZY ANYWAY? What about Churchill, or Victoria?
Old August 7, 2002, 05:38   #37
Fighter
Chieftain

Local Time: 07:37
Their are 3 civs that I just hate, not because they are tough but because they are pissy and they suck. For that reason I refuse to ever play:

1) Russians
2) English
4) French

I find all three are always extremely annoying in diplomacy and rather inept at war. they all just suck as far as Im concerned. Usualy I abide by a few of them until I get into the middle ages then start fighting them, all at once, have 2 on the ropes and one gaining the advantage by the time my Panzers roll out and start laying the beats down all around. Once I roll out a few panzers the civs hit the floor in a matter of turns.
Old August 7, 2002, 06:54   #38
MaxisDugan85
Settler

HERE,HERE....well spoken Bruce!!!
I will , however , base my Civ on the French template. I like commercial/industrial and musketeers are a good defensive unit for a loooong time.

What's up with the inabilty to specify the gender or your leader?!? I tend to rename my leader(as always) but I hate the fact that everyone calls me lady or madame and the little pink army men are just too cute (he says with a pronounced lisp and a flap of his wrist)
Old August 7, 2002, 16:06   #39
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Re: HERE,HERE....well spoken Bruce!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by MaxisDugan85
I will , however , base my Civ on the French template. I like commercial/industrial and musketeers are a good defensive unit for a loooong time.

What's up with the inabilty to specify the gender or your leader?!? I tend to rename my leader(as always) but I hate the fact that everyone calls me lady or madame and the little pink army men are just too cute (he says with a pronounced lisp and a flap of his wrist)
In the editor there is an option to choose the gender. It's right next to the area where you type the leader's name and title.
Old August 7, 2002, 20:24   #40
MJW
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 10:37
Quote:
Originally posted by johncmcleod

I also hate Alexander. He look like he's gay, wears makeup, his hat in the medievil ages is ridiculous, and he wears stupid glasses in the modern age. Besides that, he's always out to kill me.
Alexander WAS gay.
Old October 17, 2002, 23:36   #41
Hail Caesar!
Chieftain

Anyway he's Greek. Not that there's anything wrong with it.
Old October 18, 2002, 08:13   #42
Athitis
Chieftain

Alexander was bisexual. And we cannot really blame him for this. I mean what would you do if you spent so many years in the army? Btw the hat is Byzantine and Alex is believed to have problems with his vision.

Joan is cute, Lizzy is bad, Catherine sucks. Queen Isabella however looks good. I say take Catherine out and give us Lenin or Stalin, comrades!
Old October 29, 2002, 15:55   #43
gsmoove23
Warlord

Elllllizzabeth, milky white skin, mmmmmm. I like the way she sticks up her nose at you. She's always treated me nice.
Old October 29, 2002, 15:56   #44
gsmoove23
Warlord

Ivan the Terrible, now there is a leader I'd love to hate.
Old November 27, 2002, 01:24   #45
HAND
Warlord

Lizzy was alot better looking in reality! (not hard)
Old December 31, 2002, 23:02   #46
King_Henry
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:37
Most of the female leaders are backstabbers. Lizzy is just freakin creepy. And Churchill would have been a much better leader. Maybe it would be easier to not trust him.
Old January 2, 2003, 02:14   #47
Civ3King
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:37
Ive noticed that the more you play against and with a civ the more you tend to hate them. My most hated civ is probally Germany. He always threatens me and never has an army to back it up when he declares war. Oh well, I get him back

"Too many ties with too many people will get you in a knot."
- Me
Old January 22, 2003, 18:27   #48
Centauri18
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Prince

Local Time: 08:37
I hate the stupid French. In the game. Joan of Arc is a serious pain. I go after her with my Cavalry and she mows me down with Mideval Infantry! I couldn't kill her for centuries until I got tanks! And even then it was a challenge. I spent maybe five minutes on the Zulus but the French took me half the game to get rid of!
Old January 25, 2003, 11:48   #49
Sparkle
Chieftain

Local Time: 16:37
I like to roleplay the leader sometimes. It´s more fun. So, from my experience which leaders I hate so much that I am able to declare war to them just because of their speech :-):

Caesar - when he threatens me: "Look what a nice cute civilization you have here. It won´t be nice if something bad happened to it." (I declare war for that because it really angers me)

Brennus - when he´s furious and my unit is on his teritory. He tells me to get my "degenerates" out of his territory. Now that´s also a reason to crush him immediately. No one will call my people degenerates :-)

Xerxes - when I contact him to trade. He always calls my civilization "backward", no matter of how advanced we really are compared to him. And when he calls my civ backward at the moment when I´m half era in front of him, I push the war button :-)
Old February 8, 2003, 00:56   #50
Underseer
Warlord

I've developed a pathological dislike of Joan. She has a nasty habit of beating me to choice resources.

Now Temujin is fun. Sure, he's a rat bastard, but he's so outrageously obnoxious that he passes from "annoying" to "amusing."
Old February 11, 2003, 02:43   #51
Wycoff
Prince

Local Time: 10:37
When I play (almost always as the Germans):

- I almost always destory the Russians right away. For some reason they always seem to suck. Even when they are not right next to me, they are nearl always weak.

- Same thing goes for the English, except in some games they can actually become powerful, unlike the Russians.

-The Spanish also seem to fall in this category. Nearly always weak and pathetic.

-The French are always a pain unless you take them out right away.

I hate the Americans and Japanese. They always seem to be powerful, agressive, and sneaky.